Brief post-PPF+Service Update

I was stuck in traffic in the Lucid today and put on Waltz for Debbie by Bill Evans, which is a recording I know very well. I was shocked by how good it sounded. Great soundstage and instrument placement and well-balanced, fast, accurate sound. The Village Vanguard noises came through exactly right. I've never heard anything close in a car audio system.
One of my favorite tunes. Grew up in the Village in the 60’s and my babysitter used to take me there. I always test a sound system with jazz. Can’t wait to do it again with my AGT. Now hoping for July.

One of my favorite tunes. Grew up in the Village in the 60’s and my babysitter used to take me there. I always test a sound system with jazz. Can’t wait to do it again with my AGT. Now hoping for July.

When that day comes, you’re going to love it. I’ve only been to the Vanguard twice but the acoustics and instrument staging stick with you.

What an awesome babysitter you had!

When that day comes, you’re going to love it. I’ve only been to the Vanguard twice but the acoustics and instrument staging stick with you.

What an awesome babysitter you had!
Yea, he was a character, an off-off broadway actor, and pretty well known around the Village. Years later I opened a jazz record store in Houston, so the early influence clearly stuck. Here’s to taking it straight, no chaser!

I used the Graphene ceramic spray bottle, not the concentrated little one. They said it’s good for about 6 months but I’ve seen several online comparisons showing it holds up for about a year. I figured if I missed it up bad or it sucked then I was only out $30 and could have a pro fix it, whereas if I messed up something that lasts 7 years it might be harder/more expensive to undo. You’ll also need to make sure surface is prepped well and as clean and dry as you can possibly get it, and you’ll need good lighting to see it well.
I just did the Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating on another car.
I did the hood first, came aback after the roof, and wiped it off. No problems.
So if you're still on the fence about this vs. the spray, I say go for it.
I also washed the minivan that I'd applied the coating couple weeks ago, and there were water spots , but they did come off very easily, as advertised.

Back