Bout ready to cancel. Am I panicked?

Cjevfan

All

Have a GTA on order for about 6 months now. I’ve been following the forum now for months no problems especially with the software seem overwhelming.

Thinking of going with an Audi E Tron GT Mercedes EQS. A dependable vehicle with software that works is important to me am I overreacting?

Why did you choose the Touring over the Pure? I don't need leather or massaging seats, and I don't like the canopy. With all of the options I think it's $18k more.
Well, in that regard I think I’m the opposite. I absolutely want leather and the glass canopy. I’ll take the added horsepower but it’s not super important to me. I really wanted the GT but it was just out of my price range so the next best thing was the Touring. I really really want the massaging seats so I’m actually hoping Lucid makes them available as an option on the Touring.

Good decision. In the Scottsdale Fashion Square there is a Lucid design studio and a Tesla store. The Lucid studio is usually much busier than the Tesla store. The Tesla store has from 0 to 3 cars in the store at any time but, as you note, no model X.

There is no way I would get a car with a yoke like the one in the Tessla nor would I ever buy a car where I have to look sideways to see how fast I am going. Lucid, at least, seems to want to listen to its customers; Elon wants to tell us what we want and if we don't like it, too stinking bad.
I love the Yoke and so does everyone who has driven my car - love no stalks too. Coming from BWM (I am a BMW fan boy), I thought I would really dislike the Yoke, but now I really dislike normal steering wheels. Lol. I think most people that say they dislike the Yoke, have never driven a Tesla long enough to know if they will end up liking it. Believe me, that was my thoughts and my wife thoughts too at first.

And on a Model S, you don’t look sideways to see where you are going. It has a normal drivers console and with the yoke it makes it even easier to see and more modern looking. Thought I really miss Hud, but with the yoke and the drivers console, don‘t miss it as much as I thought I would.

I canceled mine - the Tesla ModelX reservation I had from last Nov.
  • I made two back to back reservations right before Thanksgiving 2021 within minutes of each other. One was for the Lucid Air GT and the other one for a Tesla ModelX. I received my Lucid in early May and really like the car (despite minor issues - look at other threads where I have posted about issues).
  • Last Tue - out of the blue - I got a text message from Tesla with my VIN number. They were looking to deliver on Sun. After finally getting hold a person to talk to, they kind of grudgingly agreed to push it out by two days. I was going to pay in cash and needed a few business days to move money around.
  • My wife was going to be the one driving this (replacement for a 10year old SUV) but we finally decided to cancel the ModelX order and hold on to that SUV for another 2 years (Hello Lucid Gravity). Here are our reasons for canceling:
  • Customer service: When I'm spending six figures for a car, I do not expect to be pushed around with less than a week from a text saying "VIN assigned" to delivery.
  • Seeing before buying: My wife wanted to take a look at the yoke steering wheel (not a huge fan of the yoke). That's when I found out that the ModelX is not displayed at any store! Seeing it for the first time at delivery is simply not acceptable. I'm not buying a used car on Carvana.
  • Comparison with Lucid: I have a Lucid Air GT that was delivered early May. The whole customer service experience with Lucid was light years ahead of the experience with Tesla. Even Lucid, with all their growing pains, offered me a test drive!

I think Tesla service is really hit or miss depending on where you are. One of my teslas service center is in the midwest where they are super laidback and helpful. Service centers in busy areas you are at their mercy because they just have insane demand... Model X especially theres a huge waiting list for them and it looks like you're in the bay area so I bet as soon as you gave yours up, within minutes someone else bought it. Unfortunately I had the same issue with our model x plaid. No way to test drive one or even just a model s to get used to a yoke. Though when I took delivery earlier this year (which I was able to push back a week), the resale market was on fire so I figured if I didn't like it, Id essentially "test drive" it back to my driveway and have an online dealer wire me $20k profit to come pick it up. Ended up loving it though so kept it. also 168/179 deduct.

Good decision. In the Scottsdale Fashion Square there is a Lucid design studio and a Tesla store. The Lucid studio is usually much busier than the Tesla store. The Tesla store has from 0 to 3 cars in the store at any time but, as you note, no model X.

There is no way I would get a car with a yoke like the one in the Tessla nor would I ever buy a car where I have to look sideways to see how fast I am going. Lucid, at least, seems to want to listen to its customers; Elon wants to tell us what we want and if we don't like it, too stinking bad.

Scottsdale Fashion Square was actually where I test drove a model X for the first time. Not the refresh new one but it was sometime in like 2017-2018. Back when EVs werent really a thing yet. They gave me the full experience let me take it out for a long cruise, step on it, showed it all off completely. They have changed completely in the past couple years and I think the customer service level is getting a bit overwhelming for them with the amount of people they have to tend to now.

I love the Yoke and so does everyone who has driven my car - love no stalks too. Coming from BWM (I am a BMW fan boy), I thought I would really dislike the Yoke, but now I really dislike normal steering wheels. Lol. I think most people that say they dislike the Yoke, have never driven a Tesla long enough to know if they will end up liking it. Believe me, that was my thoughts and my wife thoughts too at first.

And on a Model S, you don’t look sideways to see where you are going. It has a normal drivers console and with the yoke it makes it even easier to see and more modern looking. Thought I really miss Hud, but with the yoke and the drivers console, don‘t miss it as much as I thought I would.

The yoke is quite interesting. I have my days where I love it and my days where I could do without it. On a daily basis cruising around its perfectly fine. On roadtrips, i love it. Relaxing, nice view, easy to get on with. When youre in parking lots trying to make quick turns and adjustments somewhere it can get dicey. I will say, I was an absolute hater of the yoke when I first saw it. Complained with everyone else on the internet, already was talking to hannshow and pimpmyev for a custom order full wheel replacement. Then I got the car and realized I didnt hate it as much as I thought I would. Now im just used to it and its not really a big deal.

Back