BMW i7 Electric

What’s with nonfunctional grills? The EQS SUV has one that’s dotted with tiny little logos. Seems cheap and tacky to me.

Wow, nonfunctional huge grill, only 300 mile range, and more digital screens everywhere. Along with the MB EQS, Lucid really has nothing to worry about.

Theater mode in the back is pretty damn cool though, my kids would love that

Silver, Gray, BLUE and others....
Still nobody on this forum with a VIN for any of those...;);)

I like my BMW, but these new humongous grill's are just WRONG.

Silver, Gray, BLUE and others....
Still nobody on this forum with a VIN for any of those...;);)

I like my BMW, but these new humongous grill's are just WRONG.
Yeah---they've really lost their way when it comes to design and styling. On the other hand, from what I've seen (design center) of the Lucid, it's a significant step below the 7 Series in interior quality.

I'll be interested to see if Audi introduces an electric version of the A8 which I've owned, and always thought to be a nice compromise between the often-garish 7s and the ostentation of the Benz S-class

Yeah---they've really lost their way when it comes to design and styling. On the other hand, from what I've seen (design center) of the Lucid, it's a significant step below the 7 Series in interior quality.

I'll be interested to see if Audi introduces an electric version of the A8 which I've owned, and always thought to be a nice compromise between the often-garish 7s and the ostentation of the Benz S-class
I would say the design aesthetic is different, but the materials used in the Lucid are definitely premium quality

I don’t understand BMW design language of recent years. It used to be that BMWs had a distinct and unmistakable design language. The i7 looks like a hot mess to me. There is the fake gril, which is just silly, but other than that nothing says “BMW” to me. The side is bland and proportionally looks more like an early 2000’s Rolls Royce than a BMW and the front and rear have nothing to do with each other. The long hood looks like it’s intended to fit a v12…. which I suppose it is!

Also looks like they removed front turn signals. Guess no one was using them :)

The massive screen in the back with the loungers I think are pretty cool......for the passengers. But I'm not being chauffeured around. I bet that thing will drive like a boat.

Reminds me of the family truckster in the front...

Attachments

• truckster.jpg
    truckster.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 141
Wow, nonfunctional huge grill, only 300 mile range, and more digital screens everywhere. Along with the MB EQS, Lucid really has nothing to worry about.

Hahaha “Evil Robot Hippo”. That car looks awful and so confused from every angle. Makes the EQS look like Ana DeArmas.

It is important to me nowadays to have front passenger grab handles. And easy ingress/egress.

And a sunshade under panoramic glass when it is over 90 degrees in Summer is extremely nice.

All of which the i7 has.

I don't do cross country road trips. 99% of my driving is within 75 miles of my house.

Good luck to BMW. The 7 Series design has not been attractive to me for years. I loved my 2009 BMW 650i Convertible and that model has been basically unchanged for over a dozen years but remains one of my favorite designs from BMW. To each her or his own. 300 miles of range for such a high-priced EV seems to come up short to me. My impression is that the 7 Series was and maybe still is a lease winner for low mileage drivers, but not necessarily a purchased vehicle. As for interiors, I am not familiar with the i7's interior and trust that it is a step above recent 7 Series interiors, but my 2008 A8 SWB sport option car had perhaps the best interior of any car to me.

So, Lucid produces a drivetrain packaging miracle with its sedan while BMW drops an electric drive train into a body built to take a large V8?

There is one good thing about the front-end design. It's already such a mess that having to add a front license plate will go largely unnoticed.

First the Bangle Butt, and now this. What's next for BMW? Tailfins?

So, Lucid produces a drivetrain packaging miracle with its sedan while BMW drops an electric drive train into a body built to take a large V8?

There is one good thing about the front-end design. It's already such a mess that having to add a front license plate will go largely unnoticed.

First the Bangle Butt, and now this. What's next for BMW? Tailfins?
I suspect that in the fullness of time BMW’s ‘power of choice’ strategy (all of their future cars are designed to accept any powertrain) will be viewed as a mistake. I can’t see that you can package like Lucid has been able to do *and* design a good looking car when you are constantly compromising to allow for an all wheel drive ICE platform (with all the weight that entails) plus a whopping great lump under the bonnet.

The new 7 Series goes to show that designing with one arm up your back, makes it very hard to do ‘elegant’ so you’re forced to do ‘monolithic’ - which isn’t pretty in my view (each to their own).

Back