Battery recall?

cplewes

Has any one else got a call about a high voltage battery recall? They want my car for a week?
I have had no problems.
I am waiting for a email notice of a NHTSA filing , but maybe because of our small volume they fly under that radar?
I was told an email forthcoming but not seen one.

Am I Solo on this?

Has any one else got a call about a high voltage battery recall? They want my car for a week?
I have had no problems.
I am waiting for a email notice of a NHTSA filing , but maybe because of our small volume they fly under that radar?

Am I Solo on this?
How long have you had the car? could this be unique to your car ?

I have had no problems.

Am I Solo on this?
Who called?

Customer service from California called and I’ve had the car three weeks with absolutely no problems

If it was me I’d definitely insist on something official in writing outlining exactly what the issue is and what work they propose to perform.

I will. For any repairs you always get the 3Cs
Complaint, cause, correction. I’m wondering if the charge point hiccups I dad sent evil vibes up to their monitors. And they figured it was a problem on their end. It is interesting that they are so proactive here.

I had the local Service Center call me about 4 weeks after a prior service and asked me to bring my car in to replace a communication module and cable. While my case was very minor unlike this one, the engineers do review data downloaded from the car and recommend specific service. This situation is likely not a recall but a defect that engineering found with @cplewes car. I hope that it gets fixed quickly.

No chance of that being spamed. My service tech was in on the call and I have met him. (Great guy - very trusted)
I just want to hear what triggered this on their end.

I had the local Service Center call me about 4 weeks after a prior service and asked me to bring my car in to replace a communication module and cable. While my case was very minor unlike this one, the engineers do review data downloaded from the car and recommend specific service. This situation is likely not a recall but a defect that engineering found with @cplewes car. I hope that it gets fixed quickly.
I'm inclined to agree with Adnillien on this. I might have the only car on the forum that needed a total HV battery replacement. Mine was discovered after the car died as I was driving. My situation has clearly made it to the senior levels at Lucid. I've had several conversations with Zak Edson and they sent an OTA to give more warning before total failure. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled your logs and saw something that was not right. Be happy it's for a week. Mine was 4 weeks since they had to diagnose the reason for failure, source the battery, and ship my car from CT to Massachusetts to Chicago.

Our AGT died with a 5 min warning on Sep 10 (Just shy of 90 days old). Today it has been 31 days with no concrete plan for repair and return of car. They first told us the HV battery needed to be replaced but couldn’t give us any idea of how long that would take, citing the logistics of finding a battery, packing it up and shipping it to Beverly Hills SC. Really? None of that should be too difficult, right?
When we pushed harder they gave us a schedule for the battery to arrive this past Friday 10/7. Since then not a word. We've called The SC, no real response. Cust service told me today that he was not at liberty to tell me what is going on but that “seVeral” regional managers are now involved with our case and one of them will be calling me by the end of today. It’s now3:48pm. Who wants to wager they won’t call? We’ve about had it.

Sorry to hear this. That’s the opposite of my experience. They actually preemptively replaced mine. Once the located the battery it only took two days.

Our AGT died with a 5 min warning on Sep 10 (Just shy of 90 days old). Today it has been 31 days with no concrete plan for repair and return of car. They first told us the HV battery needed to be replaced but couldn’t give us any idea of how long that would take, citing the logistics of finding a battery, packing it up and shipping it to Beverly Hills SC. Really? None of that should be too difficult, right?
When we pushed harder they gave us a schedule for the battery to arrive this past Friday 10/7. Since then not a word. We've called The SC, no real response. Cust service told me today that he was not at liberty to tell me what is going on but that “seVeral” regional managers are now involved with our case and one of them will be calling me by the end of today. It’s now3:48pm. Who wants to wager they won’t call? We’ve about had it.
Which service center?

Which service center?
It was replaced in Virginia. Kind of strange as I had no indication of any problem but was contacted by Lucid saying engineering in California noticed something wrong in the feed back they received from the car and wanted this done asap. The part was there in a week. Then I gave them my car.
We do not know it was the same part that has held up this other job.

Sorry man, this sux. Been there, done that. I hope you got your phone call with some good news!

{If not, well everyone else on this forum seems to be on a first name basis with people in the Lucid Exec team, maybe they can hook you up with a way to get some information}

Back