Backup sound - QQ

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
Has anyone noted the sounds the car makes when in reverse. There are a few background noises in the interior, in my car I hear a chirp like noise in the exterior when backing up (and have no idea if this is normal).

Likely you're hearing the mandated exterior sound warning...EV's are somewhat Ninja-like and therefore are required to have some "assistance" in alerting nearby pedestrians to their presence...just made me think of Chris Farley...sure miss that guy...:)

Has anyone noted the sounds the car makes when in reverse. There are a few background noises in the interior, in my car I hear a chirp like noise in the exterior when backing up (and have no idea if this is normal).
The car should make a warbling noise when backing up or moving forward at low speed. The chirping is not normal. I have noticed recently a clicking noise but only if the windows are open. I'm still testing to see if it's a rock in the tires or some part of the suspension.

The car should make a warbling noise when backing up or moving forward at low speed. The chirping is not normal. I have noticed recently a clicking noise but only if the windows are open. I'm still testing to see if it's a rock in the tires or some part of the suspension.
The warbling noise is there and seems like the “obvious” regulated sound. The chirp is only noticeable with the window down as you mentioned. I am having a technician check it out (when they finally make it out here). It’s driver side for me.

The warbling noise is there and seems like the “obvious” regulated sound. The chirp is only noticeable with the window down as you mentioned. I am having a technician check it out (when they finally make it out here). It’s driver side for me.
Mine is passenger rear but is inconsistent. Does yours happen everytime? Also mine only happens going forward.

If you have the 19” wheels, I wonder if the click might be coming from the plastic inserts in the wheels. I seem to recall early Tesla Model Y owners having noise problems from the plastic caps on the Gemini wheels.

Mine is passenger rear but is inconsistent. Does yours happen everytime? Also mine only happens going forward.
Mine was happening in both forward and reverse at low speeds, randomly stopped happening in forward and reverse, and now seems to consistently happen when going in reverse. It’s consistently inconsistent atm.

Back