• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Average mi/kwh

What? There are tons of old Teslas on the roads. I have a 2013 P85 that still charges up to 250 at 100%. I've seen 4 miles of loss since 2016.

That’s amazing. How many miles do you have on the P85?

Well I guess 'age' is not the problem, but the mileage and how much it's charged.
For example, the guy who has the world record mileage in Germany on his Tesla has had like 3 battery replacements for 1 million km

So that's more of what I was referring to
Well, that is something completely different (and no doubt, expected).

Well I guess 'age' is not the problem, but the mileage and how much it's charged.
For example, the guy who has the world record mileage in Germany on his Tesla has had like 3 battery replacements for 1 million km

So that's more of what I was referring to
My experience is similar to @GEWC

My 2016 Tesla Model X had 96,000 miles and still charged up to 229 vs 250 at new. Most of that drop off happened in the first two years down to 235.

That's better than 90% after 7 years and almost 100,000 miles.

Well, that is something completely different (and no doubt, expected).

My experience is similar to @GEWC

My 2016 Tesla Model X had 96,000 miles and still charged up to 229 vs 250 at new. Most of that drop off happened in the first two years down to 235.

That's better than 90% after 7 years and almost 100,000 miles.
Yeah, I think my example was actually a bit extreme, 1 million km is something I know I'll never reach in my cars lmao.
My 2013 Hyundai has 60k miles on it.
Definitely a bit extreme example to use, my bad on that.

But I just am hoping we don't have battery problems, like with EV's, the majority of the cost of the car IS the battery, and any battery failures outside of the warranty period will definitely rape your wallet. Like the guy who was quoted like 20k for a new battery for his Model 3 and instead blew it up for views on youtube or something.

Part of my investment(?) into Lucid is also the fact that as technology gets better, I think battery tech will become cheaper so when that time comes, in about 8-10 years, I think the battery cost will be significantly cheaper then, and that's a risk I'm willing to take to enjoy this car!

Here is my cross country trip average 2.9 NOT SO GOOD using the cruise control at 70 miles an hour for most of the trip.
Super charging has a huge impact on the mileage. I've since found if I do not use CC I get 3.2-3.6.
I know I am responding to an old posting. But I may have some information that I don't see elsewhere.

As some of you know, I have picked up a Genesis GV60. On the Genesis there is a display that shows energy consumption by wheels. On my AWD Genesis, when driving at a constant pace (I saw this at 55 mph) the car reverts to rear wheel drive. But if adaptive cruise control is turned on, AWD turns on as well. And that would likely negatively impact the efficiency.

I don't know if the Lucid has such a display but if it did, it would be a good idea to check and see. That could be why the efficiency is worse when cruise control is turned on.

I like RWD and think its pretty cool that the GV60 defaults to that.

I know I am responding to an old posting. But I may have some information that I don't see elsewhere.

As some of you know, I have picked up a Genesis GV60. On the Genesis there is a display that shows energy consumption by wheels. On my AWD Genesis, when driving at a constant pace (I saw this at 55 mph) the car reverts to rear wheel drive. But if adaptive cruise control is turned on, AWD turns on as well. And that would likely negatively impact the efficiency.

I don't know if the Lucid has such a display but if it did, it would be a good idea to check and see. That could be why the efficiency is worse when cruise control is turned on.

Can you tell how much power is going to each wheel? That’s pretty cool that it tells you that

My experience with ICE cars is that Cruise Control will give you worse mileage because the Car is constantly trying to maintain your set speed at the slightest change in elevation as well.

Interesting note on your GV70.

I do not believe the Lucid has any type of detailed information other than range left now. I think they did away with that Avg watts per kWh because people’s ranges were all over the place.

What changes in information is coming regarding the Battery Efficiency would be interesting to see.

I do not believe the Lucid has any type of detailed information other than range left now. I think they did away with that Avg watts per kWh because people’s ranges were all over the place.
You can definitely still get the avg watts per kwh for a specific trip or since your last charge; it's just under the vehicle info pane, rather than on the center cockpit panel.

For the last 13500 miles I’ve averaged 3.0. This trip from ny to Florida , mostly traveling 75-80 with some forays to 95-100 using the heater but not sprint mode I averaged….3.0. I am extremely envious of these people averaging 3.5-3.7 without seemingly hyper miling. I think there is a variance in motor/ battery or other car systems that impacts your range as much if not more than your driving style ( I’m talking just normal driving)

Maybe the next Congress will hold hearing around the EPA and its EV mileage stats...why are they so wildly (wrongly) optimistic sometimes?...pretty accurate sometimes?...but they never wildly Understate EV mileage.? Do people at the EPA have an agenda?

Our government labels/warns us about myriad things --and spend billions at the agency level doing so. What's the point if the info has no value?

For the last 13500 miles I’ve averaged 3.0. This trip from ny to Florida , mostly traveling 75-80 with some forays to 95-100 using the heater but not sprint mode I averaged….3.0. I am extremely envious of these people averaging 3.5-3.7 without seemingly hyper miling. I think there is a variance in motor/ battery or other car systems that impacts your range as much if not more than your driving style ( I’m talking just normal driving)
Are you on 21” like mine?

I am about 6000 miles in and life-time 3.0 mi/kWh. I have seen an hour long trip in 3.7 mi/kWh; on the same token, I also seen 2.2 mi/kWh. Traffic dictates my range. Freeway traffic jam improves my range, and empty roads eat my range driving in free spirit.

Are you on 21” like mine?

I am about 6000 miles in and life-time 3.0 mi/kWh. I have seen an hour long trip in 3.7 mi/kWh; on the same token, I also seen 2.2 mi/kWh. Traffic dictates my range. Freeway traffic jam improves my range, and empty roads eat my range driving in free spirit.
I was on 21 s for the first 1800 miles before switching to 19s. Yes I know how much the heater or AC eats into mileage. My mileage definitely went up on this last trip as I traveled from the frozen northern climes to sunny Florida (2.8 on the first 700 miles vs 3.1 on the next 700 miles) driving mostly highway. That’s even taking into account that once you hit the Carolinas and further south the traffic on 95 really flies. 85-90 is not uncommon in the passing lane, sometimes higher.

I was on 21 s for the first 1800 miles before switching to 19s. Yes I know how much the heater or AC eats into mileage. My mileage definitely went up on this last trip as I traveled from the frozen northern climes to sunny Florida (2.8 on the first 700 miles vs 3.1 on the next 700 miles) driving mostly highway. That’s even taking into account that once you hit the Carolinas and further south the traffic on 95 really flies. 85-90 is not uncommon in the passing lane, sometimes higher.
If you have switched to 19”, and still getting 3.0 mi/kWh, that means you are driving faster than usual. 80~90 mph is not uncommon on interstate, I drove like that in 50F temperature, I got 2.4 mi/kW for that trip in 21”.

Can you tell how much power is going to each wheel? That’s pretty cool that it tells you that
Sort of. See the attached picture. There are bars that light up as you increase power by each wheel so you can see which wheels are being powered and relatively by how much. It is a widget in a part of the driver's display that is configurable.

Attachments

• power distribution widget.jpg
    power distribution widget.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 72
Sort of. See the attached picture. There are bars that light up as you increase power by each wheel so you can see which wheels are being powered and relatively by how much. It is a widget in a part of the driver's display that is configurable.
That looks like torque vectoring style.

I think Air has Swift and Spirit modes to generically control handling and power distribution, it doesn’t have detail infographic in its UI yet. But it is marvelous smooth and great handling without letting driver know its black box.

That looks like torque vectoring style.

I think Air has Swift and Spirit modes to generically control handling and power distribution, it doesn’t have detail infographic in its UI yet. But it is marvelous smooth and great handling without letting driver know its black box.
My point wasn't to compare the GV60 to the Lucid (that would be like putting Sugar Ray Robinson up against Muhammed Ali) but to suggest that if the Lucid behaves similarly, that could explain the deficit in efficiency in cruise mode and to suggest that youse all try to figure out if that was the reason.

My point wasn't to compare the GV60 to the Lucid (that would be like putting Sugar Ray Robinson up against Muhammed Ali) but to suggest that if the Lucid behaves similarly, that could explain the deficit in efficiency in cruise mode and to suggest that youse all try to figure out if that was the reason.
As far as I can tell, Lucid uses permanent induction motors which means they can't disengage anything. I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

We started with the BMW I3 which was the most efficient car we ever owned at 4.8 m/kWh to the Rivian which is averaging 2.1m/kwh over 5k miles. The biggest surprise was the Taycan 4S which did really well on long trips at speed. I suspect the 4S's two speed gearbox did the trick. We use 3.2m/kWh to judge the DEP's range on long trips and it has been dead on with a few miles to spare.

We started with the BMW I3 which was the most efficient car we ever owned at 4.8 m/kWh to the Rivian which is averaging 2.1m/kwh over 5k miles. The biggest surprise was the Taycan 4S which did really well on long trips at speed. I suspect the 4S's two speed gearbox did the trick. We use 3.2m/kWh to judge the DEP's range on long trips and it has been dead on with a few miles to spare.
Peter Rawlinson did say in an interview, Lucid hope to achieve to build a smaller and lighter EV of 40~50kW to have high efficiency at $50k~$60k price range in late mid decade. We should see.

Back