Average mi/kwh

How to get the display to read kwh/mile?
You can't get it on the driver's screen (where it belongs) in V2 (it was there in v1).
It is (on V2.0.15 at least, yes, out of date now as my car is in the shop) on the pilot panel (SLC/TripA/TripB... I forget the nav sequence to get there (2 months without the car is a long time after only 2 weeks with it, sigh).

That was old 1.0.x software. Not anymore on 2.0.x software display. I hope Lucid is bringing something similar or graphical back in the side of instrument cluster.
I have been trying to figure out how to get the kWh/mile onto the cockpit display, as I've only had the 2.x software (just received my vehicle 12/31), but have had no luck.

However, I have been able to locate that information in the Pilot panel, by going to Settings --> Vehicle --> Trip Information. So at least you can check it there.

I have been trying to figure out how to get the kWh/mile onto the cockpit display, as I've only had the 2.x software (just received my vehicle 12/31), but have had no luck.

However, I have been able to locate that information in the Pilot panel, by going to Settings --> Vehicle --> Trip Information. So at least you can check it there.

With the current software iterations, there is no method to permanently display m/kWh on the pilot , at least that I know of.

I go to bottom screen, home, vehicle, trip info to get this info.

Currently getting 2.3 mi/kWh in my AT on my commute to and from work over the last 2 days. 60.6 miles and 26kwh used since last charge. This is all local suburban roads, no highway, 40-50 degree weather, 19 inch wheels without aero covers, heat at 72, radio on. It bothers me a little that it's so low but also right now I'm not worried about range as I can charge when I get back home. However, it does concern me if I had to take a longer trip that I'd have to make multiple stops and rely on charging away from home. I only have 350 miles on the car so really hoping for that break in period where efficiency may increase. Oh and I was driving only in smooth during this time.

I think it is very practical when getting low SOC. Rivian has “Conserve mode” to drop truck to lowest suspension to reduce air drag and make Quad motors drive to Dual motors drive.

Since Lucid likes to use modes begins with “S” —“Smooth”, “Swift” and “Sprint”, why not introduce other “S” modes as following?

“Saving” - Reduce electrons output, opposite of “Sprint”.

“Service” - For towing, or bring out diagnostic menu.

“Snow” - Reduce accelerator response and regenerative braking and focus on frictional brake to reduce wheel slippage.
Rivian being an energy hog at 2mile per kWh and a huge battery which probably takes for ever to charge does need conserve mode way more than Lucid.

Currently getting 2.3 mi/kWh in my AT on my commute to and from work over the last 2 days. 60.6 miles and 26kwh used since last charge. This is all local suburban roads, no highway, 40-50 degree weather, 19 inch wheels without aero covers, heat at 72, radio on. It bothers me a little that it's so low but also right now I'm not worried about range as I can charge when I get back home. However, it does concern me if I had to take a longer trip that I'd have to make multiple stops and rely on charging away from home. I only have 350 miles on the car so really hoping for that break in period where efficiency may increase. Oh and I was driving only in smooth during this time.
2.3mi/kWh is definitely a little too low. Around town ours does around 2.5-2.6 plus we're on the 21" wheels.

I suspect there's nothing really wrong with your car. It's just the repeated stop/start of city driving that takes its toll on efficiency.

For your own sanity, try getting on the freeway at 65-75 (whatever's comfortable) and reset one of the trip calculators. Drive for a few miles like that and see what efficiency you get? You should be in the low 4s assuming it's not freezing out. This is a "flawed" way of calculating efficiency but it's a good best case calculation. (it's flawed because you ignore the energy it takes to get up to speed, and when you come to a stop you add a good chunk of that energy back into the battery).

Finally, The break-in period won't improve things by more than .1/.2 mi/kWh. tbh I have no idea how the EPA tests run, but the fact that the Air has strong city and highway range ratings is just misleading as heck.

It is better to asses usage by “trip” as opposed to “ since last charge”. Since last charge incorporates phantom drain , preheating , etc. For instance, my m/kWh here in cold weather is 2.7 by trip but my since last charge is only 2.0 because it’s so cold , the car is in a cold parking lot during work, and I preheat cabin. During summer, my efficiency was around 3.8 m/kWh.
The car’s EPA efficiency rating is generally determined only while driving; therefore, using since last charge may be an underestimate. I suspect your efficiency should be in the upper twos/lower threes during winter in the northeast.

2.3mi/kWh is definitely a little too low. Around town ours does around 2.5-2.6 plus we're on the 21" wheels.

I suspect there's nothing really wrong with your car. It's just the repeated stop/start of city driving that takes its toll on efficiency.

For your own sanity, try getting on the freeway at 65-75 (whatever's comfortable) and reset one of the trip calculators. Drive for a few miles like that and see what efficiency you get? You should be in the low 4s assuming it's not freezing out. This is a "flawed" way of calculating efficiency but it's a good best case calculation. (it's flawed because you ignore the energy it takes to get up to speed, and when you come to a stop you add a good chunk of that energy back into the battery).

Finally, The break-in period won't improve things by more than .1/.2 mi/kWh. tbh I have no idea how the EPA tests run, but the fact that the Air has strong city and highway range ratings is just misleading as heck.
Welp. I guess all I had to do was drive more because now I'm up to 2.6 mi/kWh since last charge. Excuse the fingerprints.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
Welp. I guess all I had to do was drive more because now I'm up to 2.6 mi/kWh since last charge. Excuse the fingerprints.

Your trip efficiency is right about where it should be, driving in the winter. Always use “trip” as opposed to “since last charge” to assess efficiency. 😊😊😊

Here's my new personal best. Driving on the 210 fwy in SoCal

20230228_183848.jpg

After experiencing driving in the cold, wind and heavy rain of right here in Southern California, the Land of Eternally Perfect Weather, I’m now developing some appreciation for what other Lucid owners are griping about, especially those who live in parts of the country that are decidedly less mild in climate during winter.

On my typical 282 roundtrip weekly commute to work, I have noted consuming anywhere from 38% to 44% of my battery at a rate of 3.1 to 3.3 miles per kWh.

Driving one way to work the other evening, I discovered that my Lucid doesn’t like the cold and wet AT ALL. My efficiency took a real tumble. I consumed 52% of my battery to drive 141 miles! At best I managed 2.1 miles per kWh. A screenshot below shows what I managed most of the time. It was showering, somewhat windy, roads and freeways were wet, and the outside air temperature was in the region of 45 degrees Farenheit. I was also very liberal with my use of the heater, seat heater, and steering wheel heat.

For the first time since acquiring my Lucid I had to do the one thing that I had most wanted to avoid after my purchase - charge up at a DC fast charger, just to be able to get home.

Also, there was a period during my drive when the Auto function of my wipers decided to take a lunch break - this was when the rain was at its heaviest and most constant of course - and my wipers simply stopped sweeping. I could only get to sweep again when I put the wipers in manual mode. By the following morning, with the rain mostly gone, the Auto Wiper function returned, and the problem has not recurred.

It was an eye opening experience, driving in all that cold weather, and the wind and rain. I will better anticipate the effect of all that, the next time inclement weather hits SoCal.

Attachments

• 52836989-2A39-4D37-BEB5-9865BC71C855.jpeg
    52836989-2A39-4D37-BEB5-9865BC71C855.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
You madman, you don't have a trip to track your lifetime efficiency?
Pretty sure its going to be 3.1. I accidentally reset trip a 3k miles in but it's close!

How was the traffic on 210?
Must not have been too bad for 4.6 m/kWh.
Or possibly steady flow at 55 mph.
Steady flow at 55... easy breezy

Back