Average mi/kwh

Something I noticed upon looking more closely at the spread sheet is the Trip A information shows the kwh used rounded. For instance if the actual miles traveled is correct and the resulting mi/kwh is also correct you can calculate the actual kwh used more accurately. Then for example, dividing the total miles by the mi/kwh shown for GEWC you find that the kwh used was actually 9.6, not 10. Same for the other cars. For our "short" 43 mile trip this does make a difference. The 19" wheels with "All Season" tires clearly achieved better range than the 21" wheels with the "sticky" tires which was not a surprise. Lastly, with her extensive "one pedal" driving experience, GEWC is clearly better at modulating her speed to maximize range. So we did achieve results that are consistent with Lucid recommendations that if range is your most important consideration get the 19" wheels and if maximum handling is your most important consideration get the 21" wheels and performance tires. This was a first effort by our small sample team and I for one am pleased with the results. My DEP with 21" wheels is supposed to get 451 miles of range from its 118kwh battery, or 3.8 mi/kwh and I actually got 3.6 mi/kwh. I can chalk that up most likely to the uphill portions using more power than was gained through High Regen on the downhill portions or perhaps I just need to learn to drive more efficiently. In any case, I am more in the Hydbob camp and really enjoy driving the car hard and fast. We are talking about doing another run hopefully with more participants in the near future for a longer and perhaps less hilly second experiment.
All the EVs need to go to three significant digits like the ICE cars do when displaying MPG. My Sienna doesn’t show 21 mpg, but rather 20.5. That is 3 significant digits. There is a lot of slop in the two figures. Instead of displaying 2.9 miles /kw, it should be reporting 2.94, for example.

One more time---I never said Everyone has door problems. My position is not to buy until No One has door problems -- NO "inaccuracy"...just read the original
Okay so in your post is 100% not everyone? Haha

Range really means [EPA X .80 X .80] as some here have astonishingly suggested.

Some here have suggested this position is "unreasonable"....Maybe so. But I fail to see how my expressing it hurts anyone else here, current owner or not.

As I posted yesterday, given the way I drive and unless I can get lessons from @GEWC, I will likely never see 500 miles of range from my AGT. And that’s okay because the range is sufficient so that…

* I never have to worry about the battery running below 20%
* I don’t always have to charge to 100% at fast charger when road tripping and can move onto the next fast charger if the one I want is occupied
* I can drive as idiotically as I want blasting everything that consumes power in the car without worrying about range.

So yeah, the real world range (the 5# sack of potatoes) isn’t there, but I can make any potato dish I want.

Real world range, and I’d argue based on my results it’s closer to 0.9 EPA. How is that different than any other EV? Porsche gets more than EPA but still way less than Lucid, and the best versions of the Taycan are $200K and also have software annoyances. EQS gets closer to Lucid but Lucid still beats it.

That’s not true. 1.2.1 software update fixed it for nearly everyone. My car unlocks within 1-2 seconds of approach, every single time. Every single time I walk away from the car, it locks within a few seconds. If you get impatient and start pushing on door handles before it presents them, the. That might mess it up and then maybe you have to double tap the fob, but that’s usually due to user error not the car.

That’s true. If Bluetooth was more reliable that would be a non issue, but yes it is a problem right now. And they’re working on a software update to fix that.

I don’t think you’re unreasonable, just not entirely accurate and perhaps maybe expectations for real world range need to be managed just a little just like any other EV, likely including the iX also?
Once I have the time I’ll try and just do a range test myself under non-ideal driving conditions and see what happens. And I’m not trying to convince anyone to get the car, maybe it’s not the right fit for you. But I think it’s important to correct inaccurate assumptions about the vehicle and clear up assumptions about EPA vs real world. You’d have to try very hard to get 80% of EPA
(400 mi, based on the math you’d probably get more like 460-70 under non extreme conditions)
Bunny--I'm signed up for Touring---advertised range is 406 miles. I'm simply saying if "real world" actually turns out to be 260 (406x.8x.8) I would opt not to buy. I can't imagine why anyone finds that position contentious or offensive.

As I posted yesterday, given the way I drive and unless I can get lessons from @GEWC, I will likely never see 500 miles of range from my AGT. And that’s okay because the range is sufficient so that…

* I never have to worry about the battery running below 20%
* I don’t always have to charge to 100% at fast charger when road tripping and can move onto the next fast charger if the one I want is occupied
* I can drive as idiotically as I want blasting everything that consumes power in the car without worrying about range.

So yeah, the real world range (the 5# sack of potatoes) isn’t there, but I can make any potato dish I want.
Pommes Anna?

Okay so in your post is 100% not everyone? Haha
"I'M NOT CLOSING IF--

DOORS DON'T LOCK/UNLOCK PER DESIGN, 100% OF THE TIME..."

Please just read the English...

Over and Out

"I'M NOT CLOSING IF--

DOORS DON'T LOCK/UNLOCK PER DESIGN, 100% OF THE TIME..."

Please just read the English...

Over and Out
Didn't 100% have door problems---I said I'm not a buyer unless they work 100% of the time as designed
!!!! That's your own quote!

Bunny--I'm signed up for Touring---advertised range is 406 miles. I'm simply saying if "real world" actually turns out to be 260 (406x.8x.8) I would opt not to buy. I can't imagine why anyone finds that position contentious or offensive.
Reason: because the same type of math applies to every BEV so the Lucid starts with a substantially greater EPA range before doing the math.

I just laugh at this whole thread of 14 pages, while remembering that many on this forum told me that wanting 500 miles of EPA range was overkill. I was crazy. Why would you ever need that much ranges, I was told? You have to stop for breaks. You will never use it. Now all these people are moaning about the fact that they are not getting enough range on the car. 🤣 🤣

I’ll state it again as I did over six months ago. I ordered a Lucid because I needed a car to replace an ICE on trips. Was waiting for one to give me 500 miles or 1000km of range. Lucid finally came out with a car having those specs. Everyone that has ever driven a car knows that EPA numbers do not match real world MPG numbers. The same is true with my Leaf eV. Add to the fact that you can’t fill it up to 100% on a trip like an ICE and you never go down as far as you would in a gas car because of fueling station scarcities, means the effective range is 60% of the states (80-20%). then add in the weather, etc that zaps an EV battery and you get many of the reasons I was wanting a 500 mile car (quite frankly, I think the 100km range would be better suited, but I can’t wait that long for one). For those who aren’t getting the range you expect, aren’t you glad you have the longest range vehicle sold today? Imagine I’d your EPA range was only 250 miles! You are not saying to me this range is overkill now!

Driving this car for 3 weeks, I see no problem hitting EPA numbers under the right conditions, and greater than 90% in most circumstances, and I haven’t even hit that “break-in” period yet..

One more time---I never said Everyone has door problems. My position is not to buy until No One has door problems -- NO "inaccuracy"...just read the original
Hmm, I don’t know of anyone having serious door opening/closing problems since software 1.2.1 but I may be mistaken.

"My position is not to buy until No One has door problems"

I've got to wonder whether he just posts comments like this to get a rise out of people and laugh while he reads the responses. No one that lives in the real world has that expectation. And how would I know that no one is experiencing ANY problem with that product anymore? Just because it isn't posted here doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. And it doesn't mean something that hasn't been a problem now won't be a problem later. Just nonsensical.

"My position is not to buy until No One has door problems"

I've got to wonder whether he just posts comments like this to get a rise out of people and laugh while he reads the responses. No one that lives in the real world has that expectation. And how would I know that no one is experiencing ANY problem with that product anymore? Just because it isn't posted here doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist. And it doesn't mean something that hasn't been a problem now won't be a problem later. Just nonsensical.
I own a Cayenne, X5, F-150, Q7---Never been locked out, locked in, unable to control door locks in any way...nonsensical...right....

I’d guess you’d get 350 miles if you drove like me, maybe 300 in the worst of winter. It’s a lighter car. Your position isn’t offensive to me, Just not sure where the .8x.8 thing comes from.

Didn't 100% have door problems---I said I'm not a buyer unless they work 100% of the time as designed

Sorry, I misinterpreted “didn’t 100% have door problems“ to be a semi-rhetorical question supporting the supposition that 100% of customers have had door problems. I didn’t realize you “never said Everyone has door problems,“ but are simply asking “didn’t 100% have door problems.”

Anyway, not everyone has door problems, but door problems have happened to many with earlier versions of the software. Perhaps it’s better now?

The only door problem I have had was my misunderstanding of how they designed theirs. When I backed out of the garage to let my gf in, I placed the car in park. My MS auto-presented the handles upon parking, I assumed the Air did too. When my gf pressed the handle, it rapidly opened and closed and she didn’t want to put her hand in there, so I opened the door from the inside for her. I was told by I believe @hydbob that you physically need to press the unlock button in the car to present the handles. Other than that, works perfectly every time (I carry the fob, don’t have mobile key setup).

Why did you have to post that? Now I have to try making it. Damn, that looks good.
Cardiologists around the world rejoicing at you providing them with another MB

I’d guess you’d get 350 miles if you drove like me, maybe 300 in the worst of winter. It’s a lighter car. Your position isn’t offensive to me, Just not sure where the .8x.8 thing comes from.
I could certainly live with that...

Back