Average mi/kwh

Bunny--I'm signed up for Touring---advertised range is 406 miles. I'm simply saying if "real world" actually turns out to be 260 (406x.8x.8) I would opt not to buy. I can't imagine why anyone finds that position contentious or offensive.
So what would you buy instead?

So what would you buy instead?
I've been following Lucid since 2015 when it was Atieva. They called on a company I had a position in, to be a supplier. I liked the concept and the design, and the ambition to take range to ICE levels. (We ended up not supplying them).

I've never owned an EV and wouldn't likely be a buyer now w/o my prior interest in Lucid. I've driven iX and e-tron GT which are impressive. (not range-wise) But I haven't done nearly the diligence on other cars, so I can't say what other car I would buy. It could well be that I don't buy any EV for a while, with so many OEMs coming out with new models in the next 2-3 years. Lucid will be a much better-known commodity by then too.

A $100,000+ EV is a Want, not a Need....

Regarding SiriusXM, I don't remember (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), Lucid EVER advertising or saying anything about SXM being available. Yes, it may have been silly to not include the hardware for it (or maybe it is, there's a rumor somewhere) but right now as far as the majority of us know, it's not included as true Satellite Radio, but only as streaming.
Apple Car Play IS the real need here. Them doing the easy Android route was probably not the best strategy but looks like no one wants to pay the Apple Premium and I understand that. I have never been an XM Radio Fan. People mostly do Apple/Spotify/Tidal Music. I am not that educated on XM but my Suburbans gave 3 months free and I almost never used it. Maybe its a thing for those who drive long distances a lot. I have foregone that for personal reasons.

Driving this car for 3 weeks, I see no problem hitting EPA numbers under the right conditions, and greater than 90% in most circumstances, and I haven’t even hit that “break-in” period yet..
So there is a break in period like the ICE Engines, which ICE have been saying is NOlonger needed these days? What changes after the Break-In period?

Apple Car Play IS the real need here. Them doing the easy Android route was probably not the best strategy but looks like no one wants to pay the Apple Premium and I understand that. I have never been an XM Radio Fan. People mostly do Apple/Spotify/Tidal Music. I am not that educated on XM but my Suburbans gave 3 months free and I almost never used it. Maybe its a thing for those who drive long distances a lot. I have foregone that for personal reasons.
But that's not it at all and you've completely missed the point. CarPlay IS coming sometime this year, supposedly. The people here asking for XM are the people who are driving in areas with no cell coverage. CarPlay won't help alleviate that concern unless you have music preloaded, in which case you could always stream that via BT anyways.

So there is a break in period like the ICE Engines, which ICE have been saying is NOlonger needed these days? What changes after the Break-In period?
The "break-in" period that people keep referencing is really a "software calibration" period.

Just a reminder to everyone that the car is NOT displaying/calculating the correct mi/kWh (confirmed by tech). Everyone is probably getting better range than they think.

The only door problem I have had was my misunderstanding of how they designed theirs. When I backed out of the garage to let my gf in, I placed the car in park. My MS auto-presented the handles upon parking, I assumed the Air did too. When my gf pressed the handle, it rapidly opened and closed and she didn’t want to put her hand in there, so I opened the door from the inside for her. I was told by I believe @hydbob that you physically need to press the unlock button in the car to present the handles. Other than that, works perfectly every time (I carry the fob, don’t have mobile key setup).
Doors unlocking when you put the car in park screams “car jack me, please?” I much prefer the Lucid version where it stays locked when I’m inside until I hit the unlock button. You know, like most cars have done for a long time now.

my journey today ... just for annecdotal evidence

Los Altos to SF (yes, I braved parking in SF)
43.6miles / 11kwh used / 4.0 average

driving style. good mix. 37 ish miles on 280 ( 80 mph - but v consistent - little acceleration / braking - but ups n downs)
4 miles down hill (always a great place to start)
3+ miles dowtown SF - average speed 20 mph stop go standard shitty traffic

I am v pleased with this... in fact it is way better than I expected.
I will reset the trip for the return trip - which has the 4miles UP HILL at the end

1652981616124.png

As I posted yesterday, given the way I drive and unless I can get lessons from @GEWC, I will likely never see 500 miles of range from my AGT. And that’s okay because the range is sufficient so that…

* I never have to worry about the battery running below 20%
* I don’t always have to charge to 100% at fast charger when road tripping and can move onto the next fast charger if the one I want is occupied
* I can drive as idiotically as I want blasting everything that consumes power in the car without worrying about range.

So yeah, the real world range (the 5# sack of potatoes) isn’t there, but I can make any potato dish I want.
I see a new career path opening up. :)

Everything you said it so true. I can go a whole week without needing to charge - regardless of how I drive.

Doors unlocking when you put the car in park screams “car jack me, please?” I much prefer the Lucid version where it stays locked when I’m inside until I hit the unlock button. You know, like most cars have done for a long time now.
I agree. One thing I have always wondered about the Tesla is if it can be easily opened from someone outside while you are sitting in it with the keys, even if you have pressed the lock button, since all you have to do is press the handle. Things one ponders as a woman charging her car alone at a dark supercharger station late at night. I specifically asked about this at the studio when I was looking at the Lucid. I am happy to spend a second pressing a button to open the door handles.

I got into the habit of putting it into park to unlock the doors, only because the unlock doors button isn't very easy to find/tap in the Tesla interface. (Like so many basic car functions.) I would be happy to go back to unlocking with a dedicated lock button. Lucid's seems to be in a logical spot on the left cockpit.

I didn’t view it as a safety issue whatsoever having the door handles pop out upon parking. It was just a habit I was in from 3 years of owning the MS, and I had to break the habit after one instance.

I agree. One thing I have always wondered about the Tesla is if it can be easily opened from someone outside while you are sitting in it with the keys, even if you have pressed the lock button, since all you have to do is press the handle. Things one ponders as a woman charging her car alone at a dark supercharger station late at night. I specifically asked about this at the studio when I was looking at the Lucid. I am happy to spend a second pressing a button to open the door handles.
I will be sure to ask my advisor. Thank you for,that. I am a man but still dont want anyone unlocking the car with me in it.

****DELIVERY UPDATE*****
My advisor called me this morning to tell me that management had decided to do a 3rd inspection on the cars before delivery to do another ‘Fit and Finish” check for Gaps in the Panels. He still thinks delivery should happen June 7th. Hopefully if they find issues they will replace those parts unless it is an assembly issue.

Having Day Dreams where they somehow cut some of the sheet metal too small and have discovered the issue with dozens of Cars. 🥶🥶🥶🥶

Yep, me too.
with EA being free, I try to use their electrons and not mine ;)
For anyone charging at home, have you figured out the Cost? Is my math correct at 80% charging 112*.8=89.6 * 8.5C per K/Wh rate = $7.17

Wont be worth my while in this case to drive 45 minutes each way to my nearest EA Station for Charging. Need to find out what theTesla or other charging stations charge incase of an emergency.

True...so the only way to really know is go 100-0 SOC and see how many miles you traveled lol
But the “0%” reading could also be off… I.e. perhaps the software calculation error is also leading to cars that indicate 0% but still have usable battery (or at least variation between cars in how much usable battery remains when the car indicates zero)

For anyone charging at home, have you figured out the Cost? Is my math correct at 80% charging 112*.8=89.6 * 8.5C per K/Wh rate = $7.17

Wont be worth my while in this case to drive 45 minutes each way to my nearest EA Station for Charging. Need to find out what theTesla or other charging stations charge incase of an emergency.
There are charging losses (voltage boost, AC to DC conversion, resistance, battery cooling if it is hot, etc.) that you will also pay for. That will add another 10%-15% to the 89.6kWhr that went into the battery.

****DELIVERY UPDATE*****
My advisor called me this morning to tell me that management had decided to do a 3rd inspection on the cars before delivery to do another ‘Fit and Finish” check for Gaps in the Panels. He still thinks delivery should happen June 7th. Hopefully if they find issues they will replace those parts unless it is an assembly issue.

Having Day Dreams where they somehow cut some of the sheet metal too small and have discovered the issue with dozens of Cars. 🥶🥶🥶🥶
I think Lucid did some financial analysis and realized it’s much more expensive to take your car for a week after delivery to figure out/fix issues that should be solved in PDI, than to just take extra time to solve the issues in PDI. My two service visits cost Lucid probably $2,000 each or more. The rental car alone was $1,000, plus factor in the cost of the tow to and from my house, and labor for several days worth of trouble shooting. I’d rather Lucid save the $ and be slower on the delivery end because what’s gonna solidify their reputation in a good way is delivering a quality product slower more than delivering a problematic product faster. I know shareholders want the delivery numbers for quarterly reports, but smart shareholders should want a company with more robust quality control and better fundamentals than Tesla’s “oh here’s a car with no USB ports or mismatched tires and we’ll deny anything is wrong if you dare complain”.

Back