Average mi/kwh

My 11 yo loves the Air so much she has been refusing to let anyone else sit in the front seat, and for some odd reason they all acquiesce!
Maybe because the back seats are such a nice place to be?

Maybe because the back seats are such a nice place to be?
Who's going to be the first to relive their younger days in the back seat of the Air and give us a honest assessment...hmmm

Lucid tech was out today (starting a separate thread with all my notes-- customer service was phenomenal):

* Tech's group has performed testing that shows that cars are calculating the INCORRECT VALUES FOR MI/KWH.
* "Since Last Charge" is especially wrong
* Trip A and B (if cleared immediately after charging) are better, but still not completely correct
* The mis-calculations are not consistent between cars
* They pulled all my car's data and everything was clean
* Tech says it will be addressed via OTA and to not worry about it as everything in my car's data looked good

Given this, I am going to ignore range till this is resolved. This does mean that those getting over 4.0 mi/kwh may actually be getting lower, and those of us in the high 2's/low 3's might actually be getting closer to 4. This is great news to me!
You know - the flame war was just getting good and you go and throw this bucket of icewater on it......sheesh! LOLOLOL! Thank you for posting, it's good to know there may be an issue that is causing Noise in the Data leading to Noise in the Forums!

Who's going to be the first to relive their younger days in the back seat of the Air and give us a honest assessment...hmmm
My wife will DEFINITELY want to volunteer us for that experiment. And, you really need an N = 6 to get reasonable statistical data..... 😈

Question - does the car need to be moving or is parked in the garage fine? And if a Garage is fine, does it need to be our garage or can it be in a neighbor's garage?

My wife will DEFINITELY want to volunteer us for that experiment. And, you really need an N = 6 to get reasonable statistical data..... 😈

Question - does the car need to be moving or is parked in the garage fine? And if a Garage is fine, does it need to be our garage or can it be in a neighbor's garage?
No, the real question is, what will the mi/kWh be? And how do we accurately measure it?

My 11 yo loves the Air so much she has been refusing to let anyone else sit in the front seat, and for some odd reason they all acquiesce!
Perhaps the rear seats are more comfortable 🤪.

Also, here's an honest question, what is it that you are looking to hear from owners? It doesn't seem like any answer or feedback has satisfied your inquiries.
Here's an honest answer:

1) I'm not looking for *anything* from owners, other than the benefit of reading about their experiences, good and bad. And I *honestly* appreciate their candor.

2) This forum, to me, breaks down 1000 users into owners (300? ) and those like me who have reserved (or might 700?), and are deciding whether to send the check when our time comes. A subset of the latter are those (me) who have never owned an EV.

3) The first group paid their $ and are enjoying the obvious upside of the car (hey, if I didn't believe you about this, I'd own the iX by now), but the complaints --even from early Tesla owners-- are chilling.

4) The other function of this sit, for me, is to send a message to Lucid (I think we all agree they are monitoring): Peter and team: those of us who still have the option aren't quite as docile as the ones who already bought: I'm not closing if--

Range really means [EPA X .80 X .80] as some here have astonishingly suggested.
Doors don't lock/unlock per design, 100% of the time
SXM is NOT supported
Etc

Some here have suggested this position is "unreasonable"....Maybe so. But I fail to see how my expressing it hurts anyone else here, current owner or not.

Here's an honest answer:
Range really means [EPA X .80 X .80] as some here have astonishingly suggested.
Real world range, and I’d argue based on my results it’s closer to 0.9 EPA. How is that different than any other EV? Porsche gets more than EPA but still way less than Lucid, and the best versions of the Taycan are $200K and also have software annoyances. EQS gets closer to Lucid but Lucid still beats it.

Doors don't lock/unlock per design, 100% of the time
That’s not true. 1.2.1 software update fixed it for nearly everyone. My car unlocks within 1-2 seconds of approach, every single time. Every single time I walk away from the car, it locks within a few seconds. If you get impatient and start pushing on door handles before it presents them, the. That might mess it up and then maybe you have to double tap the fob, but that’s usually due to user error not the car.

SXM is NOT supported

That’s true. If Bluetooth was more reliable that would be a non issue, but yes it is a problem right now. And they’re working on a software update to fix that.

I don’t think you’re unreasonable, just not entirely accurate and perhaps maybe expectations for real world range need to be managed just a little just like any other EV, likely including the iX also?
Once I have the time I’ll try and just do a range test myself under non-ideal driving conditions and see what happens. And I’m not trying to convince anyone to get the car, maybe it’s not the right fit for you. But I think it’s important to correct inaccurate assumptions about the vehicle and clear up assumptions about EPA vs real world. You’d have to try very hard to get 80% of EPA
(400 mi, based on the math you’d probably get more like 460-70 under non extreme conditions)

Last edited:
Regarding SiriusXM, I don't remember (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), Lucid EVER advertising or saying anything about SXM being available. Yes, it may have been silly to not include the hardware for it (or maybe it is, there's a rumor somewhere) but right now as far as the majority of us know, it's not included as true Satellite Radio, but only as streaming.

Real world range, and I’d argue based on my results it’s closer to 0.9 EPA. How is that different than any other EV? Porsche gets more than EPA but still way less than Lucid, and the best versions of the Taycan are $200K and also have software annoyances. EQS gets closer to Lucid but Lucid still beats it.

That’s not true. 1.2.1 software update fixed it for nearly everyone. My car unlocks within 1-2 seconds of approach, every single time. Every single time I walk away from the car, it locks within a few seconds. If you get impatient and start pushing on door handles before it presents them, the. That might mess it up and then maybe you have to double tap the fob, but that’s usually due to user error not the car.

That’s true. If Bluetooth was more reliable that would be a non issue, but yes it is a problem right now. And they’re working on a software update to fix that.

I don’t think you’re unreasonable, just not entirely accurate and perhaps maybe expectations for real world range need to be managed just a little just like any other EV, likely including the iX also?
Once I have the time I’ll try and just do a range test myself under non-ideal driving conditions and see what happens. And I’m not trying to convince anyone to get the car, maybe it’s not the right fit for you. But I think it’s important to correct inaccurate assumptions about the vehicle and clear up assumptions about EPA vs real world. You’d have to try very hard to get 80% of EPA
(400 mi, based on the math you’d probably get more like 460-70 under non extreme conditions)of the time
Didn't 100% have door problems---I said I'm not a buyer unless they work 100% of the time as designed

Didn't 100% have door problems---I said I'm not a buyer unless they work 100% of the time as designed

No door problems for me, except soft close needed some minor adjustment. So 99%?

I seriously considered the iX over the Lucid. The iX has an interior and software systems that work. But it would require too many compromises in terms of range and charging. Compared with the Lucid, it’ll never be better than a 2.5# bag of fingerlings, but you know you’re getting 2.5#. And though they’re ugly on the outside, they taste pretty good.

Sounds like you may be happier holding out for the perfect car or perfect sack of potatoes. (That was an excellent analogy by the way.)

Regarding SiriusXM, I don't remember (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), Lucid EVER advertising or saying anything about SXM being available. Yes, it may have been silly to not include the hardware for it (or maybe it is, there's a rumor somewhere) but right now as far as the majority of us know, it's not included as true Satellite Radio, but only as streaming.

I really detest Sirius so see its absence as a plus. That said, streaming really needs to be improved.

Nope and that is exactly what @bunnylebowski is referring to, inaccuracies in your comments.
One more time---I never said Everyone has door problems. My position is not to buy until No One has door problems -- NO "inaccuracy"...just read the original

One of the assumptions I see being made with all of these comparisons is that one MUST compare the Lucid Air to another EV. That might be the case if the buyer were only considering EV's or if there were no other choices. Lucid can't afford to view itself as only in competition with other EV's. They will fail if they do. That is not me. I compare the range to what I think I need, not other EV's. The range though hit that minimum that I thought I needed to consider an EV. I am willing to put up with a time of software deficiencies, fully expecting most, if not all, of them to be rectified over the coming several months. What really has me worried right now is the hardware itself and the fit & finish on this current batch of cars that has been held up for delivery for more in-depth and prolonged inspection, of which, my car is one of them.

As far as Sirius goes, it is something I was used to seeing and a serious oversight (excuse the pun). I hope to work around it, but should one really have to "work around" something like that in a $150k car? I appreciate that you detest it, but if it were there, at least you have the choice not to use it. Those of us who do like it and have used it for decades do not have that choice with respect to true satellite radio.

Back