Available new inventory on Lucid's website

If I am understanding this correctly, the 138 gt has all of the same equipment, but after 3 months, the buyers will have to pay a monthly subscription fee to retain dream drive pro and pro features of the audio system?
Seems so. Or a one-time fee.

No one knows if there will be a subscription (Its all speculation) you could buy DDP for $10,000 and The Audio for $4000, Personally if they are financing they are better off getting the $154k loaded GT for $15 a month difference with the special financing offer.

If I am understanding this correctly, the 138 gt has all of the same equipment, but after 3 months, the buyers will have to pay a monthly subscription fee to retain dream drive pro and pro features of the audio system?
No word on whether it would be a monthly fee, or if they would just charge you a 1-time fee of $10k. Possibly you could do either?

No word on whether it would be a monthly fee, or if they would just charge you a 1-time fee of $10k. Possibly you could do either?
Precisely, just speculation at this point. As a consumer I'd prefer to pay a service fee for the service only when needed ... I don't need DDP for local short-distance trips, but want it for longer trips especially as it would enable my wife to do some driving on road trips. As a service provider, I'd want a long term monthly subscription service to support ongoing development and maintenance of the service. For something that provides a middle point to both, the 1-time fee option is good, and the company is betting that at some point someone will activate the feature on the car which would provide a payout on their investment of putting the hardware in the car.
And if I had planned on this in the beginning, I'd have a shim for each of the options where when someone later pays for the upgrade, they come in to a service center and I swap out the shim Lidar etc. for the real thing, all harnesses there and ready to plug in. That avoids some of the legislation proposed recently that would prohibit charging a subscription service fee for something for which the hardware is already built in but deactivated.

The other thing to consider is batching. If it's true that they do about 200 cars per batch, if only 20 people order a GT, that's 180 cars left over from the "batch." I believe someone suggested they were experimenting with smaller batches of 50 or so. But even then, that's 30 extra cars that need to be sold. Or else, you make the GT reservation holders wait.

They can't just make 1 GT at a time, in other words. So there will always need to be some extras left over from any set of orders.

The same will likely happen with Touring eventually. Pure they won't catch up on for another year, at least.
Peter made a comment about this to me, actually; about how it’s really hard to get a manufacturing line up and running, but once you do, it’s almost impossible to stop it. The batching idea makes sense to me.

2.81% is very appealing given the current APR's.. Wonder if they would honor old pricing if people want to take delivery now..
Yes, they called me and asked me if I want to upgrade and they'll honor the price before increase as well.

Another thought about these used GTs.

Previously on threads it’s been reported that for DDPro you need extra hardware so it’s can’t be added after market.

Now they are offering GTs without the feature, but to my knowledge they haven’t produced a Touring or Pure without DDPro

Does that mean that this batch of GTs is unique in they have the extra hardware but it’s being software limited in these vehicles?

Another thought about these used GTs.

Previously on threads it’s been reported that for DDPro you need extra hardware so it’s can’t be added after market.

Now they are offering GTs without the feature, but to my knowledge they haven’t produced a Touring or Pure without DDPro

Does that mean that this batch of GTs is unique in they have the extra hardware but it’s being software limited in these vehicles?
That would appear to be the case, yes. The question is whether this is a one-off for these specific cars, an experiment to see if they can roll the same idea out to other trims and future GTs, or "the way" moving forward for all Lucid Air production.

At one point, the plan was certainly to have cars without DDPro and SSPro ship with different hardware. They may have run the numbers now and changed their minds on that.

Some of the fine print:

So this may be a tactic to chase cancelled but built GTs out the door and book Q4 revenue with an effective several-thousand-dollar discount. I guess they are subsidizing these loans?

If for some reason they offer a similar APR for my Touring, chances are I'd take the deal.
It is a little bit like the sales floor in a traditional dealership. Except here the manufacturer site is the dealership. Great for folks who want the models that are available and can't wait (car was in an accident, lease ended, etc. etc.).

That would appear to be the case, yes. The question is whether this is a one-off for these specific cars, an experiment to see if they can roll the same idea out to other trims and future GTs, or "the way" moving forward for all Lucid Air production.

At one point, the plan was certainly to have cars without DDPro and SSPro ship with different hardware. They may have run the numbers now and changed their minds on that.
Just checked the website. Almost all of the GTs have DDPro and SSPro

There is a base model that includes a 3 month trial of DDPro and SSPro. Perhaps lucid is moving towards building all the vehicles with the same equipment and then adding/enabling feature via software.

This makes sense to me.

You can get the 139k price if you go for market rate financing, you'll only get the special financing rate of 2.89% if you do the $154k

On my last car (BMW 530e) the company was offering a $4K financing incentive. So I financed the car instead of paying cash which I had originally intended to do but then paid it off after four payments (BMW would go after the dealership if you paid it off before 3 payments were made). Of course, here the manufacturer is the dealership.

Can one do the financing and then pay it off?

On my last car (BMW 530e) the company was offering a $4K financing incentive. So I financed the car instead of paying cash which I had originally intended to do but then paid it off after four payments (BMW would go after the dealership if you paid it off before 3 payments were made). Of course, here the manufacturer is the dealership.

Almost always, yes. Check the paperwork for any prepayment penalty.

I have don’t this a couple of times without issue (although though with Lexus and Audi, not BMW). I would check for a prepayment penalty but usually there isn’t a clause like that.

I think it could only help drive down the cost of the hardware itself, as you equip more cars with it you get to buy in larger quantities.

Back