Audiophiles! Equalizer settings?

I reread this post and was wondering about your comment regarding missing componentry...

Are you suggesting that my car which has SSPro on the option list and window sticker cost of $2900 might not be on my car??
Check you purchase agreement, instead of the window sticker. It looks like this:
It is on the window sticker with my VIN number, and it is on my sales agreement as listed equipment, If it does not have SSP it would be misrepresentation and fraud.. I cannot believe Lucid would do this...
Remain calm. If it is on your purchase agreement, I’m sure you have it. Let’s not start with baseless conspiracy theories.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 71
Does anyone happen to know the frequencies of the three band EQ?

Last edited:
I would assume the carefully engineered sound systems in most premium cars are designed to produce the flattest response curves with equalizer settings at center. Thus changing those settings results in tailoring sound to individual preferences rather than producing the most accurate response curves?

I have found that I like the Air's sound best at the preset equalizer settings. My partner is a bass addict, and when he turns the bass up in the Air I find the sound becomes annoyingly bass heavy to my ear. (There is a subtle deep bass line that comes in halfway into Lyle Lovett's "The Road to Ensenada" that I use as a bass reference test. Even at the "0" bass setting in the Air, that bass line vibrates the bottom of the car seats.)

It's more than a presumption. If there were a better setting, that would have been the default. That doesn't mean that everybody will like the default best, even if it's the most accurate. But it does mean that there's no general recommendation that will be better than the default. The first time I listened to the system on a test drive, it sounded horrible. So I checked the equalizer settings, moved them to the default position, and the problems cleared up.

This doesn't apply to aftermarket or home audio systems where the designer couldn't design it for the specific room or car interior, but with any premium car that comes with a premium sound system, it should be designed very specifically for the car so that the default settings are the preferred ones.

What was your source material and format to determine the car’s EQ was incorrect? I’m not saying it didn’t sound bad to you, but I think too often in Lucid test drives Lucid or the customer is not using the highest fidelity audio source to demonstrate the capabilities of the car’s system. For example if you play the Dolby Atmos mix of INXS Mediate in the native Tidal app in the car in Tidal HiFi Plus, or REM’s Murmur Atmos mix in the same format, I don’t think it would be possible for anyone with ears to not be seriously impressed, even with a flat EQ setting. If you were to play the identical track over Spotify Bluetooth streaming or Spotify CarPlay or Sirius, it’s going to not sound nearly as good and need EQ adjustments to make up for the poor resolution and poor dynamic range in those formats.

Back