Arizona

Sounds we got about 4-5 replies of Lucid cars to be here, + Director, so that makes 5-6. Just curious @Dave is there much I have to do to reserve that Butterfield that location seemed pretty good although not sure how hot 9/24 would (i imagine cooler than now). Other location could be near Tesla super chargers at Biltmore Mall, thats where my Tesla group has done meetups on Sundays. Its a covered garage so it has shade, but lesser food options.

We could do Scottsdale Quarter where there is a parking garage and several restaurants. There are even chargers in the parking garage although not EA.

or...

Scottsdale Fashion Square. If we go near the top, but still in the covered part of the North garage, we could probably find a bunch of open spaces. But outside of the food court there are not a lot of breakfast type restaurants. Maybe Lucid will let some of us (I won't have my car by then) use their chargers in the garage. There are a couple of restaurants just outside the mall (Prep & Pastry; Olive & Ivy); if we parked where I mentioned, one would walk through Nordstrom and its parking garage to get there or we could just park at the Nordstrom parking garage (I have not parked there except early on Sunday mornings so I don't know how busy the garage is and therefore whether there will be a bunch of contiguous spaces. I suspect there will be but I can't say for sure.

They don’t take reservations so you get there 20 min early and nicely ask them to keep 2 tables (depends on number attending) open till the rest of the group arrives.
Thank you thats helpful

We could do Scottsdale Quarter where there is a parking garage and several restaurants. There are even chargers in the parking garage although not EA.

or...

Scottsdale Fashion Square. If we go near the top, but still in the covered part of the North garage, we could probably find a bunch of open spaces. But outside of the food court there are not a lot of breakfast type restaurants. Maybe Lucid will let some of us (I won't have my car by then) use their chargers in the garage. There are a couple of restaurants just outside the mall (Prep & Pastry; Olive & Ivy); if we parked where I mentioned, one would walk through Nordstrom and its parking garage to get there or we could just park at the Nordstrom parking garage (I have not parked there except early on Sunday mornings so I don't know how busy the garage is and therefore whether there will be a bunch of contiguous spaces. I suspect there will be but I can't say for sure.
I’m up for anyplace you pick. Hopefully

or...

Scottsdale Fashion Square. If we go near the top, but still in the covered part of the North garage, we could probably find a bunch of open spaces. But outside of the food court there are not a lot of breakfast type restaurants. Maybe Lucid will let some of us (I won't have my car by then) use their chargers in the garage. There are a couple of restaurants just outside the mall (Prep & Pastry; Olive & Ivy); if we parked where I mentioned, one would walk through Nordstrom and its parking garage to get there or we could just park at the Nordstrom parking garage (I have not parked there except early on Sunday mornings so I don't know how busy the garage is and therefore whether there will be a bunch of contiguous spaces. I suspect there will be but I can't say

or...

pick a place and I will be there. Might even have my AGT by then.

Thanks for everyone responding, the plan so far is to do Butterfield agin on 9/24. Its a little bit out, but its also very hot outside now so I think weather will be much nicer morning of 9/24 by Butterfield in Scottsdale, as we get closer 2-3 weeks ahead of date I'll provide more details.

Anyone driving a Black Lucid south on Tatum near Lincoln this morning at about 9:45? I was driving my Grand Cherokee so it is unlikely that you would have noticed me looking at your car.

Anyone driving a Black Lucid south on Tatum near Lincoln this morning at about 9:45? I was driving my Grand Cherokee so it is unlikely that you would have noticed me looking at your car.
That was probably me. Unfortunately, it's all spotted with raindrops after yesterday.

Why weren't you in your Lucid? Trying to give the ICE a workout?
I was taking my Jeep in for an oil change and avoiding the water spots on my AGT since I washed it last week.

That was probably me. Unfortunately, it's all spotted with raindrops after yesterday.
It looked great to me. I did not see any spots but I was trying not to follow to close.

I was taking my Jeep in for an oil change and avoiding the water spots on my AGT since I washed it last week.

It looked great to me. I did not see any spots but I was trying not to follow to close.
Next time go give it Lucid love tap

Got my VIN number. How long do you guys think before I get the car?
Spoke with Rick at Cactus Tint
XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF 10 front end paint protection $2,200
Prestige Film Spectra all around tint $1,400 for side and back windows, $650 for the rear roof, $850 for windshild.
Total $5,430.05 (expensive!!)

Got mine done at AZ Auto Aesthetics. Very pleased and maybe a tad less expensive if you want to check them out. They're located down my Mesa Gateway airport.

Prestige Film Spectra all around tint $1,400 for side and back windows, $650 for the rear roof, $850 for windshild.
I'm not sure when you would get your car. Mine was a dream edition and it took about 1 ½ months after I got a VIN. There are other members that have gotten more recent cars and can probably give you more guidance.

As far as wrap and tint: I also used Cactus Tint, but I did a complete wrap with Prestige Clear-Guard Alpha (same company that does PhotoSync: http://www.prestige-films.com/clearguard-alpha/) and complete Tint with Spectra PhotoSync. It came to about $10K. But the Clear-Guard has an extra layer on top which makes the car ultra glossy along with chemical and water repelling. It's a bit harder to install, but Rick's people did a great job.

Question to anyone/everyone here - I just did my test drive at the Fashion square location and the only odd / jarring thing during my entire drive was I really had to push hard on the accelerator in Smooth mode to get the car moving!? Perhaps I'm used to the gentle acceleration needed with the Model 3? I just wasn't able to reason why I felt that way. Swift mode was slightly better I suppose
Yes. When you switch from any Tesla the accelerator pedal requires a bit more pressure. However, now that we have been using the Lucid a lot more, it is the Plaid accelerator I find to be rather light for my taste. it is mostly due to muscle memory one acquires over time.

I received mine on the 15th an invitation to pay a week a later. I think once you get you are getting close because my DA seemed fairly confident that delivery would be within 30 days and said to apply for a loan so I hope he's right.

Back