Arizona

Uh oh, Here we go again. This must be major to stop all deliveries……

My very first sighting of a Lucid today: a white Lucid, off Princess exit. License plate begins with letter T.
Great looking.
Wondering if it belongs to a forum member.
I was on the next lane, and, of course, the Lucid took off before I could pull up and wave.

My very first sighting of a Lucid today: a white Lucid, off Princess exit. License plate begins with letter T.
Great looking.
I was on the next lane, and, of course, the Lucid took off before I could pull up and wave.

That could be mine as I live near there EXCEPT I have not gotten mine yet. Oh well!

Interesting location as all the luxury car dealerships are across the street from there.

My first time passing a Lucid. I did not think that was possible in a Grand Cherokee. Was anyone driving their Grey Lucid west on the 60 near Val Vista at about 3:40PM? It was a great looking car. It is always fun to a see a Lucid on the road.

I was hauling stuff for my parents that would not fit in my AGT otherwise I would have been driving it.

Hmm, didn't realize that they could arrest you (though a misdemeanor) for going 20 miles over the speed limit.

I'm pretty sure that he wasn't driving a Lucid, but I'm also pretty sure that I have come close to 126 while driving the Lucid. I guess I may have to rethink things a little bit.

To add to this:

Reading a bit more, this is actually pretty scary. AZ is apparently one of the few states that has speeding as a criminal offense. The points are the same as a regular speeding ticket, but it goes on your record (though Defensive Driving School as an option is at the discretion of the judge) and it can't be removed from your record. So to recap, the police can't give you an actual speeding ticket for anything 10 or less over the speed limit, but anything 20 or more (e.g. 85 in a 65) is a criminal misdemeanor. Crazy. 10 years here and I had no idea!

In many states more than 20 over is defined as reckless driving. Might lose your insurance.

Strangely that won't happen here. Same 3 points as a regular ticket but apparently they may selectively arrest you. @Boomer AZ I don't think you have your Lucid yet, but it feels like a morning stroll at 85.

Strangely that won't happen here. Same 3 points as a regular ticket but apparently they may selectively arrest you. @Boomer AZ I don't think you have your Lucid yet, but it feels like a morning stroll at 85.
Seems like a lot of people are going 85 these days on Valley freeways. Be fun to take it out on a track sometime.

Seems like a lot of people are going 85 these days on Valley freeways. Be fun to take it out on a track sometime.
Is there one in the area? Would love to if there is.

My father in law is a race director for NASA https://drivenasa.com/ but I think I would rather go out on the track by myself so I was looking at this solo racing https://www.azsolo.com. Wild horse pass also has drag racing https://gofastent.com/drag-racing that I would like to watch first before running. A trip to Willow Springs to race on that track would be pretty exciting. If anyone wants to go check out some events I'm interested.

Great looking.
That was mine. Crazy exit so slowing down isn't ideal sometimes.

Wow! If there would ever be an opportunity for me to join you too I would appreciate it.
We should be able to make that happen. The catch is that we won’t be back in AZ until late September/early October (we spend the summers in the Philly area).

Two guests per month. If there is enough interest on the part of AZ-based Air owners, I might be able to persuade management to host a Lucid owners day.
Sounds like fun! Thank you! Enjoy your time back east.

Back