Arizona

Greetings all!

I know it's late notice but I have a handful of tickets to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction tomorrow in Scottsdale. Let me know if interested and I'll hook you up.

More info here - https://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Our team will be onsite showing off the #Air and doing test drives. Should be good fun!
If my wife and I decide to go tomorrow, how would I be able to get the tickets ?

With the low temperature, and even a freeze warning this morning, are you driving your Lucid with summer tires?

With the low temperature, and even a freeze warning this morning, are you driving your Lucid with summer tires?
No, but drove yesterday to Pinetop on 19" in the middle of the snow "storm." Car handled fine. The only problem was that I got snow/ice packed in the rear wheels which made some noise. It was difficult to remove when I arrived. I'll need to see today when it melts to make sure the tire tread is not worn down.

No, but drove yesterday to Pinetop on 19" in the middle of the snow "storm." Car handled fine. The only problem was that I got snow/ice packed in the rear wheels which made some noise. It was difficult to remove when I arrived. I'll need to see today when it melts to make sure the tire tread is not worn down.
Good to hear about the handling. Hopefully, it's just the packed ice.
I'm not planning to go into snow country, but just wondering if I should be concerned about 20" Michelin summer tires having micro cracks from the low temp.

Good to hear about the handling. Hopefully, it's just the packed ice.
I'm not planning to go into snow country, but just wondering if I should be concerned about 20" Michelin summer tires having micro cracks from the low temp.
I don't personally know about micro cracks, but TireRack has a generic informative page where they mention "tread compound cracking or tread block chipping" for near freezing temperatures. But I would imagine, your tires would warm up a bit as you drive:

I wouldn't worry about driving in cold temps here. I've been driving mine, and if there is any cracking, I'll just chalk it up to another exciting aspect of these terrible tire. Given that the most minor pothole or maybe nothing more than wind will cause a bubble in them, I suspect that if you make it to 20k miles before you replace, consider yourself lucky. Of course, I'm only referring to the 21s, but man are they unreliable.

I wouldn't worry about driving in cold temps here. I've been driving mine, and if there is any cracking, I'll just chalk it up to another exciting aspect of these terrible tire. Given that the most minor pothole or maybe nothing more than wind will cause a bubble in them, I suspect that if you make it to 20k miles before you replace, consider yourself lucky. Of course, I'm only referring to the 21s, but man are they unreliable.
I still haven't had a single bubble, haha. I guess I'm lucky or careful, though, or both.

I think the biggest thing you have going for you is that you don't live in AZ :).

Glad to see you back.
Really look forward to the day when we can have better selection of tires for EVs.

Anyone up for a drive to Winkelman on Feb 11? @Pwmac and I are in and it would be great to a few others to join us. We will plan lunch in Winkelman. You may be asking why Winkelman, so here are three reasons:
  1. Many of us have lived in AZ for years and have never heard of Winkelman and have never been there. At least I have not been there.
  2. We own the greatest driving machine on the planet and need any excuse to drive it.
  3. There is a mexican resturant called Maria's in Winkleman that gets good yelp reviews.
Route back is TBD. If tempratures are warm enough for summer tires in Globe we could check out the new EA chargers there. Another option is coming back thorugh Oracle and Florence. Lastly, we could go back the way we came through Superior.

Going to be at the Scottsdale service center on Feb 1st. Anybody else around? Have a full day with a loaner to drive around.

Curious if you scheduled for a service center call now how long is the wait to get an appointment for non emergency use case ?

I called Monday for a couple non-critical items. They offered a date for mobile service of Feb 13, so exactly two weeks out.

I will be at the largest car show of the year in Arizona at the Concours in Fountain Hills Arizona 2/4 Saturday 10-3pm. Encourage you all to check out the event. I am sure Lucid will be there as well as they were there last year. My EV will be featured in the Scottsdale EV Association booth. I will be representing AZ ev community and chatting and showing off Evs.

Back