Arizona

The drive to Bartlett Lake is excellent. Nice curves and hills with no speed enforcement this time of year. The posted speed limit was 40 in most places with a few sections at 50, the curves had recommended speeds of 20 to 35. A good way to experience the fun of the Lucid Air and forget about efficiency. Here are a few pictures. @Pwmac @blueice89

IMG_2994.jpeg
IMG_2998.jpeg
IMG_3001.jpeg
IMG_2999.jpeg
IMG_3006 (1).jpeg
IMG_3010.jpeg

The drive to Bartlett Lake is excellent. Nice curves and hills with no speed enforcement this time of year. The posted speed limit was 40 in most places with a few sections at 50, the curves had recommended speeds of 20 to 35. A good way to experience the fun of the Lucid Air and forget about efficiency. Here are a few pictures. @Pwmac @blueice89

View attachment 7702View attachment 7703View attachment 7704View attachment 7705View attachment 7706View attachment 7707
Nice pictures !!

@Pwmac and I are going to take a drive up through Carefree and on to Bartlett lake Sunday morning at 9:00AM. We are going to meet up in the La Quinta parking lot at Shea and the 101. For anyone further North, we could meet you on the way.

@Coho - you said your were looking for a drive in your new Lucid, any interest in joining?
Missed out. A little slow in finding this event.

Happy Holidays to all the AZ LUCID Air cohort! Have any other day drives or events been planned in the near future? If so, will they be posted in this thread? Or should we look for these activities somewhere else?

Happy Holidays to all the AZ LUCID Air cohort! Have any other day drives or events been planned in the near future? If so, will they be posted in this thread? Or should we look for these activities somewhere else?
Usually events are posted here around quarterly cadence with some random drives here and there. Last I heard there was casa grande event in the works, but need to check with az lcid owners.

Any events will be posted here, the local Telegram group and probably Twitter. Lucid's VP of operations told me that they were trying to plan something at the Factory in January. I will follow up after the new year and see it there is an update. @Pwmac and I are planning another drive but have not set a date or location. It will not be up North or anywhere too cold for 21" wheels. If you have ideas, please post them.

Any events will be posted here, the local Telegram group and probably Twitter. Lucid's VP of operations told me that they were trying to plan something at the Factory in January. I will follow up after the new year and see it there is an update. @Pwmac and I are planning another drive but have not set a date or location. It will not be up North or anywhere too cold for 21" wheels. If you have ideas, please post them.
Keep me posted on the drive :)

PPF and Tinting in Scottsdale Area

Just wanted to share a really good experience I had getting my front end PPF and tinting done. I ended up going with XPEL Corporate shop on Frank Lloyd Wright in Scottsdale and couldn't be happier. Riley is the manager I worked with and she is very knowledgeable and accommodating. I did the XPEL XR+ 20% on cabin and rear windows. I also opted to do a 5% visor strip due to the sun glare sneaking past the visors due to the all glass. It turned out great and I am super pleased with the outcome and the shop.

Just my 2 cents for those of you in the Scottsdale area looking for a good shop. They also offered a discounted package price for the PPF and tinting which was a few hundred dollars lower than any of the other shops around that I canvased.

Reactions: DTA

Just wanted to share a really good experience I had getting my front end PPF and tinting done. I ended up going with XPEL Corporate shop on Frank Lloyd Wright in Scottsdale and couldn't be happier. Riley is the manager I worked with and she is very knowledgeable and accommodating. I did the XPEL XR+ 20% on cabin and rear windows. I also opted to do a 5% visor strip due to the sun glare sneaking past the visors due to the all glass. It turned out great and I am super pleased with the outcome and the shop.

Just my 2 cents for those of you in the Scottsdale area looking for a good shop. They also offered a discounted package price for the PPF and tinting which was a few hundred dollars lower than any of the other shops around that I canvased.
Curious why didn’t you tint the roof?

I chose not to tint the whole front glass canopy at the 5% since the top canopy itself is pretty dark and I thought I would lose the whole "Air" mystique if I really went with the 5% all the way. I may be proven wrong once summer hits and choose to redo it -- figure I would wait and see.

Latest list

EVCar
AZAirGT
Maverick
Switt
Adnillien
mnewber1
bhramabull
stevelitchfieldpark
Alex
Steveinarizona
Rolandphx
Lucken
Blueice89
Ovfitbob
Bockius
Tuccur
LCID_GT_AZ
dale246
SubSailor
Boomer_AZ
AZLucidGuy
Dkars1
LeeG
Hello. Happy to see some other Lucid owners. I am near Fashion Square mall on the canal. Took delivery of our Touring one week ago.

I was just looking over the schedule for Barrett-Jackson and noticed there is a Lucid Driving Experience each day from 9AM to 5PM.

Good idea.
Supposedly Lucid didn't participate in the recent Phoenix Autoshow, which I think was a mistake.
Granted that Tesla, Lexus, etc. didn't either, but Lucid should get as much publicity as possible, especially since it was an Az event.

Good idea.
Supposedly Lucid didn't participate in the recent Phoenix Autoshow, which I think was a mistake.
Granted that Tesla, Lexus, etc. didn't either, but Lucid should get as much publicity as possible, especially since it was an Az event.
Nobody participated in that Phoenix auto show it’s glorified ice show

Thank you! Your experience note is perfectly timed [for me] as I am currently reviewing local area shops to either provide ceramic coating or PPF and tint my GT. I appreciate the note!

Curious are the Lucid owners AZ doing anything for concours? I suggest it it’s one of the biggest car shows of the year in Arizona.

Attachments

• 7444FCFA-0BA2-401E-B2E5-6FB25954C68C.jpeg
    7444FCFA-0BA2-401E-B2E5-6FB25954C68C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Greetings all!

I know it's late notice but I have a handful of tickets to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction tomorrow in Scottsdale. Let me know if interested and I'll hook you up.

More info here - https://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Our team will be onsite showing off the #Air and doing test drives. Should be good fun!

Last edited:
Back