Arizona

Glad he was safe.
Good thing he posted and got the proper advice.
The rain was indeed very intense today. We’re on I 10 around 6 pm and it was pitch black.

Isn't everything??? There was some guy in one of the FB groups last summer who wanted to sue Lucid because they disabled DD Pro after the trial period since he hadn't paid for it. He claimed without the extra cameras, he could possibly hit a child because he wouldn't see them and it would be Lucid's fault. I normally don't call people out, but that was too much.
I remember this!!! A few of us recall this.

First time really driving the Lucid through some very rainy weather. Between fog and rain could not see the lanes on the streets. I wish I remember how to turn the auto pilot on I was trying to figure out while driving and completely forgot the key combo. Honestly I come from Tesla where the key combo is an either single click of scroll wheel or double click. I ask the Lucid people to make it easier for us to use autopilot.
Just like double click left scroll wheel it would help for when you are in bad situations and muscle memory not there to remember all the keys . also I have no idea what lights I use for fog.

View attachment 17186View attachment 17187View attachment 17188
Really hope you didn't have your family in the car with you because this is dangerous! Judgment should have dictated that it was time to pull over until the blinding and poor weather conditions passed. What were you thinking? 😳

Who is using highway assist in an emergency?!? If you can't drive because you can't see, you are going to rely on highway assist to drive for you? Also it's just 1 key push that you already pushed to engage ACC...this is ridiculous
It's mind-boggling to be honest. I just don't get it.

Yeah but two button pushes is more than one button push! Lucid should make it more confusing like Tesla where the same button does 6 different things depending on how you move it! This thing can drive itself right?

Ok sarcasm aside, I had highway assist on already when a very heavy rainstorm hit where I couldn’t always see the lines or road at all, but the car did a fantastic job of helping when I couldn’t. I set it to 4 car length follow and lower speed and I was still white knuckled both hands on wheel ready to override in a second (and sometimes I did over-ride), but I was surprised how well it helped me out. I only got the Lidar blocked error once briefly. I even remembered the single dedicated button on the wheel which both activates and deactivates HA in spite of the stressful situation. 🤓 I’m trying to think of something Lucid could do differently and I can’t.

Yeah but two button pushes is more than one button push! Lucid should make it more confusing like Tesla where the same button does 6 different things depending on how you move it! This thing can drive itself right?

Ok sarcasm aside, I had highway assist on already when a very heavy rainstorm hit where I couldn’t always see the lines or road at all, but the car did a fantastic job of helping when I couldn’t. I set it to 4 car length follow and lower speed and I was still white knuckled both hands on wheel ready to override in a second (and sometimes I did over-ride), but I was surprised how well it helped me out. I only got the Lidar blocked error once briefly. I even remembered the single dedicated button on the wheel which both activates and deactivates HA in spite of the stressful situation. 🤓 I’m trying to think of something Lucid could do differently and I can’t.
Yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also worth mentioning is that to use your wipers at all, Tesla forces you to take your eyes off the road. The first time it rained when I had a Model 3 as a rental, I literally had to pull over onto the side of the road unable to see and look on YouTube to figure out how to turn on the goddamn wipers. Push left stalk in with your left hand then put that hand on steering wheel, quickly look to microscopic wiper speed I II III icons in bottom left corner of central screen and use your right hand to try to tap the tiny icons before they disappear. That has to be the worst user interface for the simplest task I’ve ever seen in my life.

Also worth mentioning is that to use your wipers at all, Tesla forces you to take your eyes off the road. The first time it rained when I had a Model 3 as a rental, I literally had to pull over onto the side of the road unable to see and look on YouTube to figure out how to turn on the goddamn wipers. Push left stalk in with your left hand then put that hand on steering wheel, quickly look to microscopic wiper speed I II III icons in bottom left corner of central screen and use your right hand to try to tap the tiny icons before they disappear. That has to be the worst user interface for the simplest task I’ve ever seen in my life.
lol I literally had this same exact experience, screaming at my wife to quickly youtube how the hell to make the rain stop in this tesla rental

Glad he was safe.
Good thing he posted and got the proper advice.
The rain was indeed very intense today. We’re on I 10 around 6 pm and it was pitch black.
Yup Arizona parts got very dark and scary

The Tesla wipers are literally the keystone example I convey to anyone who complains that the Lucid design has "too many boomer (physical) controls". I truly do not ever want to take my eyes off the road and navigate 3 screens deep, on a 15 inch laptop screen, to turn on wipers.

The Tesla wipers are literally the keystone example I convey to anyone who complains that the Lucid design has "too many boomer (physical) controls". I truly do not ever want to take my eyes off the road and navigate 3 screens deep, on a 15 inch laptop screen, to turn on wipers.
Not sure it’s 3 screens it’s just a lot of muscle memory. You have to lightly press the wiper button push it in. And that will trigger the windshield small menu to show up like I II III best I can draw it. So that’s one screen I believe and button press and touch screen press.

I thought Lucid had already made this easier? When I engage Adaptive Cruise, I get frequent reminders to the left of my speedometer saying that Highway Assist is available-- and it shows how to engage it.
That said, our Lucid Owner's Manual says:
"WARNING: Do not use Adaptive Cruise Control on winding roads with sharp curves, on icy or slippery road surfaces, or when weather conditions (e.g., heavy rain, snow, or fog), make it inappropriate to drive at a consistent speed. Adaptive Cruise Control does not adapt driving speed based on road and driving conditions."

Good to hear about the handling. Hopefully, it's just the packed ice.
I'm not planning to go into snow country, but just wondering if I should be concerned about 20" Michelin summer tires having micro cracks from the low temp.
I am looking forward to replacing my crappy tires (Michelin Primacy A/S) as soon as the treadwear starts to wear down. But I have been going back and forth between summer tires (Michelin Pilot 4S or similar) and Performance all season tires (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 or similar). I was planning on the summer tires but this week has been cold here (yesterday at 8:30 AM it was 31 F at my house) and I have seen reviews that say the fall off in performance from the 4S to the A/S Pilot Sport is minimal. I would be interested in any other experiences in the greater Phoenix area with lower winter temps. Thanks.

I am looking forward to replacing my crappy tires (Michelin Primacy A/S) as soon as the treadwear starts to wear down. But I have been going back and forth between summer tires (Michelin Pilot 4S or similar) and Performance all season tires (Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 or similar). I was planning on the summer tires but this week has been cold here (yesterday at 8:30 AM it was 31 F at my house) and I have seen reviews that say the fall off in performance from the 4S to the A/S Pilot Sport is minimal. I would be interested in any other experiences in the greater Phoenix area with lower winter temps. Thanks.
Surprised to hear Primacy A/S wasn't good for you. It's supposed to be a new, improved Michelin.
We have the Pilot Sport All-Season for the EQS. A bit noisier than the OEM Bridgestones run-flat, but seem to perform the same.

Surprised to hear Primacy A/S wasn't good for you. It's supposed to be a new, improved Michelin.
We have the Pilot Sport All-Season for the EQS. A bit noisier than the OEM Bridgestones run-flat, but seem to perform the same.
Thanks. Useful info. The Primacy is designed as a mid level all season tire but not as a performance tire. Lucid Airs are performance vehicles. So is my current GV60P (subcompact in length, almost 500 HP and >500 ft pounds of torque). I just want something stickier.

Tucson here. Picked up my Zenith Red Pure AWD back in June and can't say enough good things about the car. I love being stopped by people at lights and parking lots to answer questions about the car and give people a look. No regrets. Minor nits on the SW and some of them I believe are the fault of Car Play vs Lucid

One of many reasons I would never, ever buy a Tesla.

Today my passenger door handle is stuck and it’s clearly making a clicking noise like it’s trying to open but won’t open. Certainly seems a mechanical failure of the door handle of course the driver side door is the most used door handle on my car. With 12k miles on the car I was thinking also do the 1 year service too. I tried calling since 10am to get a service advisor about every 2-3 hours and still don’t have an appointment. Now I want to vent at least on Tesla I could get an appointment by now or Honda you will at least get an advisor to take your appointment. I don’t understand maybe it’s too filter some of the issues but when you call the service center you first speak to a front line person and they ask you some trouble shoot questions but they can’t schedule your service appointment, I find this pretty frustrating and doesn’t seem efficient to me. Shouldn’t that front line person be able to make service appointment. Why it’s frustrating is cause the actual service advisor maybe unavailable so the end result you call they just take your info and you as a customer don’t feel like you solve for your issue. Now let’s me respectfully contrast with Tesla they will at least let you schedule on their app, and someone will tell you the service center to go to and they also provide you upfront invoice for upcoming charges. I think at least in service Tesla is more likely to give you an appointment that’s my experience. And here I am with a broken door handle and no service after like 3 calls to Scottsdale service center. I can’t be the only person that expects something better than this.

Last edited:
Today my passenger door handle is stuck and it’s clearly making a clicking noise like it’s trying to open but won’t open. Certainly seems a mechanical failure of the door handle of course the driver side door is the most used door handle on my car. With 12k miles on the car I was thinking also do the 1 year service too. I tried calling since 10am to get a service advisor about every 2-3 hours and still don’t have an appointment. Now I want to vent at least on Tesla I could get an appointment by now or Honda you will at least get an advisor to take your appointment. I don’t understand maybe it’s too filter some of the issues but when you call the service center you first speak to a front line person and they ask you some trouble shoot questions but they can’t schedule your service appointment, I find this pretty frustrating and doesn’t seem efficient to me. Shouldn’t that front line person be able to make service appointment. Why it’s frustrating is cause the actual service advisor maybe unavailable so the end result you call they just take your info and you as a customer don’t feel like you solve for your issue. Now let’s me respectfully contrast with Tesla they will at least let you schedule on their app, and someone will tell you the service center to go to and they also provide you upfront invoice for upcoming charges. I think at least in service Tesla is more likely to give you an appointment that’s my experience. And here I am with a broken door handle and no service after like 3 calls to Scottsdale service center. I can’t be the only person that expects something better than this.
Have you tried texting CS? I've never had that much trouble talking to someone, but in general, I get a much faster response texting them than calling them.

You should give them a little time. It’s only been a few hours, not a few days. Try texting them and give it some time before you think it’s unreasonable.

Back