• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Anyone own Polestar 2?

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
What do you like and dislike about it?
Was it fast delivery? Good quality?

also like to know. Reviews seem favorable though power seems anemic.

The problems I have seen noted in reviews is the lack of range and poor efficiency. Otherwise folks seem to like it.
I think 270 range is good enough for city limits everyday driving with home charger, but not convenient long distance. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube reviews, but I don’t trust all of them. I rather trust owners’ words then reviewers’ words who just borrow car to make media content.

I have a closely related vehicle, Volvo's 402 hp dual-motor XC40 EV with about 210 miles EPA range. This SUV shares its architecture and performance with the Polestar 2, though the Polestar gets better range due to better aerodynamics. We've taken several 1000-mile road trips in the Volvo and love it compared to our previous Model 3. Despite the Model 3's greater range, we always take the Volvo due to its greater comfort, safety, and amenities. On a 450-mile road trip, the XC40 requires one more charging stop than our Model 3 did. Not a bad tradeoff for a better car.

The Polestar also has great driver ADAS and safety features that are useful everyday. BTW Volvo's C40 fastback is sort of halfway between the Polestar 2 and the XC40 in case that's of interest.

In summary, I'd get the dual motor variant of the Polestar 2 without hesitation. It'll be a great road-trip car in most areas of the country, though it would be challenging to visit large remote national parks like Yellowstone, Glacier, etc due to lack of charging stations within the park. If you are an Android phone user, you'll love the Polestar car's native Google Assistant, Google Maps and Nav, and other familiar tools. You can actually control your smarthome from the car using voice control just as you would from your phone or other Google Home device. Or ask the car any question you'd ask Google - not just a limited list of commands to control the car.

The Polestar 2 has AAOS/GAS's excellent road-trip planning functionality built in to Google Navigation.

Other than opting for the dual-motor version, I'd skip the performance suspension option as I've heard that the ride is harsher.

After living with the Volvo for sixteen months, I'm looking forward to October's public unveiling of the Polestar 3, a larger SUV with lidar and greater battery capacity. This is the car I'm still considering against my currently confirmed reservation for an Air GT.

I have a closely related vehicle, Volvo's 402 hp dual-motor XC40 EV with about 210 miles EPA range. This SUV shares its architecture and performance with the Polestar 2, though the Polestar gets better range due to better aerodynamics. We've taken several 1000-mile road trips in the Volvo and love it compared to our previous Model 3. Despite the Model 3's greater range, we always take the Volvo due to its greater comfort, safety, and amenities. On a 450-mile road trip, the XC40 requires one more charging stop than our Model 3 did. Not a bad tradeoff for a better car.

The Polestar also has great driver ADAS and safety features that are useful everyday. BTW Volvo's C40 fastback is sort of halfway between the Polestar 2 and the XC40 in case that's of interest.

In summary, I'd get the dual motor variant of the Polestar 2 without hesitation. It'll be a great road-trip car in most areas of the country, though it would be challenging to visit large remote national parks like Yellowstone, Glacier, etc due to lack of charging stations within the park. If you are an Android phone user, you'll love the Polestar car's native Google Assistant, Google Maps and Nav, and other familiar tools. You can actually control your smarthome from the car using voice control just as you would from your phone or other Google Home device. Or ask the car any question you'd ask Google - not just a limited list of commands to control the car.

The Polestar 2 has AAOS/GAS's excellent road-trip planning functionality built in to Google Navigation.

Other than opting for the dual-motor version, I'd skip the performance suspension option as I've heard that the ride is harsher.

After living with the Volvo for sixteen months, I'm looking forward to October's public unveiling of the Polestar 3, a larger SUV with lidar and greater battery capacity. This is the car I'm still considering against my currently confirmed reservation for an Air GT.
October also should reveal the Volvo Embla (EV version of XC90). This is another interesting vehicle that may equal or exceed the Polestar 3. If the range on the Embla exceeds 350, it may pull many folks away from the Pure. Local service by widely available Volvo dealerships, the solid Volvo software, and family friendly SUV will create a tough competitor for Lucid.

October also should reveal the Volvo Embla (EV version of XC90). This is another interesting vehicle that may equal or exceed the Polestar 3. If the range on the Embla exceeds 350, it may pull many folks away from the Pure. Local service by widely available Volvo dealerships, the solid Volvo software, and family friendly SUV will create a tough competitor for Lucid.
Both the Polestar 3 and Embla will be 800V cars as well. I think that in the next few years, 400V cars will be thought of as first-generation EV technology.

Software has actually been an issue for both Volvo and Polestar - it took them over a year after shipment to bring stability to their AAOS implementation. Both finally introduced CarPlay recently after promising it for the end of last year. And there are still no AAOS apps for Electrify America, Pandora, Waze. But it's stable now, and pretty workable, and you get a great car while waiting for further improvement in the software.

I just Turo a Polestar for family member. I’ll post what I like and dislike about the car here.

Like:
- Instrument cluster has more info
- Instrument cluster can summon Google navigation in middle screen
- Dashboard panel (void in Tesla M3 and MY)
- 360 camera, over view only unlike Lucid dynamic rotation
- Simple easily to access infotainment menu
- Charge screen can configure charging amperage
- Faster than 95%+ car out there. 0~60 4.5sec
- Apple CarPlay app
- Android Play app
- Native shark fin antenna with SiriusXM
- Internet browser (Vivaldi)
- Steel panels, smaller than Tesla M3, but 700 lbs heavier
- Design
- Standard HomeLink buttons under rear view mirror
- Frameless side mirrors

Dislike:
- Infortainment look cheap Android tablet w wide border
- Regenerative brake weak (I guess I’m spoiled by Lucid AGT)
- Range at 250 miles
- Camera resolution is low (compare to AGT)
- Chasis use Volvo ICE, with transmission shaft base in middle unlike AGT skateboard design flat back seat floor
- Premium Harmon Kardon speakers are not as hi-def as Lucid speakers (subjective)
- Design oddity of cup holders (inside arm rest) and charging pad.
- Tight, more like 4 people car
- Rare window has limited view from rear view mirror

Attachments

• 6FFB481C-9187-4590-9099-0AEDA06A3697.jpeg
    6FFB481C-9187-4590-9099-0AEDA06A3697.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 85
  • E2AB1464-EA14-447B-AA0D-76DFDA3E5164.jpeg
    E2AB1464-EA14-447B-AA0D-76DFDA3E5164.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • 8D327A0C-5B76-43E5-8FF2-38F8A27EA3CB.jpeg
    8D327A0C-5B76-43E5-8FF2-38F8A27EA3CB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
  • 50439B72-13CF-4C64-A084-1DFE541DCAA4.jpeg
    50439B72-13CF-4C64-A084-1DFE541DCAA4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 9DC84A00-BEF6-4757-AAA8-8D2E7830177A.jpeg
    9DC84A00-BEF6-4757-AAA8-8D2E7830177A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 77E1BA7A-62F9-4109-B480-B14CD0BEFA08.jpeg
    77E1BA7A-62F9-4109-B480-B14CD0BEFA08.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 91
  • 16CEA8D7-15AA-4B3A-9637-46FEE2446D47.jpeg
    16CEA8D7-15AA-4B3A-9637-46FEE2446D47.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 100
  • ED4E76FA-209C-4196-9514-337419D63E95.jpeg
    ED4E76FA-209C-4196-9514-337419D63E95.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 9A03F7C2-F891-4FE9-921D-64685B871EAC.jpeg
    9A03F7C2-F891-4FE9-921D-64685B871EAC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • DDE31106-5345-4610-9923-AAD5FC8F2959.jpeg
    DDE31106-5345-4610-9923-AAD5FC8F2959.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Polestar 2 dual motors - 78kw = 250mi = 3.16mi/kWh

Lucid AGT 21” - 112kw = 469mi = 4.19mi/kWh

Lucid AGT is 32.5% more range per each kW battery. I believe the difference in efficiency is mostly is bc this Polestars still have many ICE design and this car has thicker gauge of steel than my F250 when I compare them knocking.

Last edited:
I had one as a rental when my Lucid was in repair. TLDR; it’s definitely not worth the price point and is super cramped. It’s not a bad EV by any means, but is pretty darn small with plenty of strange quirks.

Polestar 2 dual motors - 78kw = 250mi = 3.16mi/kWh

Lucid AGT 21” - 112kw = 469mi = 4.19mi/kWh

Lucid AGT is 32.5% more range for same kW battery efficiency mostly this Polestars still have many ICE design for less efficiency outcome.
But this isn’t really accurate. The Polestar 2 rental I had averaged 220-230 miles on a full charge.

My Lucid Air GT averages 300-330 miles on a full charge… There’s simply 0 chance of me hitting >400 miles on a single charge with my GT.

I had one as a rental when my Lucid was in repair. TLDR; it’s definitely not worth the price point and is super cramped. It’s not a bad EV by any means, but is pretty darn small with plenty of strange quirks.
This feels like college student car, Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla size cabin.

But this isn’t really accurate. The Polestar 2 rental I had averaged 220-230 miles on a full charge.

My Lucid Air GT averages 300-330 miles on a full charge… There’s simply 0 chance of me hitting >400 miles on a single charge with my GT.
I watched couple YouTube videos, the reviewer of Polestar 2 hit about 72% of EPA where Tesla M3 hit about 82% of EPA. YMMV in Lucid AGT.

This feels like college student car, Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla size cabin.
It had less room to spred my legs than a Toyota Yaris 😅. It definitely felt like something to use as a first time car, or as something to drive if you don’t drive long distances. I honestly couldn’t recommend it considering the competition at the same or cheaper price point. There absolutely nothing this car provides competitively other than the brand. Even then, there’s renowned concerns/issues on service availability in the US and major OTA update issues with the software. (One of their updates broke OTAs all together..)

It had less room to spred my legs than a Toyota Yaris 😅. It definitely felt like something to use as a first time car, or as something to drive if you don’t drive long distances. I honestly couldn’t recommend it considering the competition at the same or cheaper price point.
Yeah, I think Tesla M3 beats this car in price, tech, space, range, acceleration, cabin modernism.

This car is probably rare and very unique on the road - good build quality, feel very solid, and definitely the gauge of steel feel very safe. And for conservative drivers dont like Tesla’s minimalism design, this car looks more familiar to them.

Yeah, I think Tesla M3 beats this car in price, tech, space, range, acceleration, cabin modernism.

This car is probably rare and very unique on the road - good build quality, feel very solid, and definitely the gauge of steel feel very safe. And for conservative drivers dont like Tesla’s minimalism design, this car looks more familiar to them.
I wouldn’t say that. When I picked up my rental, 4 people there asked me if it was a Tesla 😅. Regardless, I was referencing other OEM EVs. I’d easily get a Hyundai or a Mach-E before a Polestar 2 having driven one for a few weeks.

Need this in Lucid!!!
Driver efficiency details
082751C4-DF53-4F96-8242-9BDBAB1DFDF2.jpeg

And instantaneous consumption along with where your electricity is being used.

D0710E7F-61FC-419D-86BA-85DEABEB00C5.jpeg

I wouldn’t say that. When I picked up my rental, 4 people there asked me if it was a Tesla 😅. Regardless, I was referencing other OEM EVs. I’d easily get a Hyundai or a Mach-E before a Polestar 2 having driven one for a few weeks.
If you could get a Hyundai or Mach-E. ;) I think Polestar is currently doing well because their cars are relatively available "in a matter of weeks".

I wouldn't make a blanket statement that Tesla is ahead of Polestar in cabin tech. The Model 3 is missing blind spot warning in side mirrors, 360-degree parking cams, and auto rear cross-traffic/pedestrian braking features that we frequently find very useful. We sold our Model 3 and kept the Polestar-cousin XC40 EV for these reasons and nicer interior, better comfort, quietness, and ride quality.

If you could get a Hyundai or Mach-E. ;) I think Polestar is currently doing well because their cars are relatively available "in a matter of weeks".
Yeah, I was very surprised on website order now, get in November. That’s even faster than Tesla in delivery. I guess China has no supply chain issue like here in the states. The cabin just spell so Northern European. All the steering wheel and seat warmers, but no cooler. 😂 This is N/A in Texas.

Back