• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Anyone own Polestar 2?

It had less room to spred my legs than a Toyota Yaris šŸ˜…. It definitely felt like something to use as a first time car, or as something to drive if you donā€™t drive long distances. I honestly couldnā€™t recommend it considering the competition at the same or cheaper price point. There absolutely nothing this car provides competitively other than the brand. Even then, thereā€™s renowned concerns/issues on service availability in the US and major OTA update issues with the software. (One of their updates broke OTAs all together..)
Iā€™ve read from their website, you can bring this car to any Volvo dealership to service. So that would be big plus than Tesla, Rivian and Lucid. Volvo is their sister company basically share most of parts together.

Yeah, I was very surprised on website order now, get in November. Thatā€™s even faster than Tesla in delivery. I guess China has no supply chain issue like here in the states. The cabin just spell so Northern European. All the steering wheel and seat warmers, but no cooler. šŸ˜‚ This is N/A in Texas.
I was disappointed that Volvo only offers cooled seats on their high-end, high-spec models. You can get great cooled seats in many low-to-midrange Kias.

Had one for three months and traded it for Audi etron gt. Ride was way too stiff and the sportiness and handling were average at best! Was reliable Transport but not very exciting

Had one for three months and traded it for Audi etron gt. Ride was way too stiff and the sportiness and handling were average at best! Was reliable Transport but not very exciting
How do you like Audi ETron GT?

I had one as a rental when my Lucid was in repair. TLDR; itā€™s definitely not worth the price point and is super cramped. Itā€™s not a bad EV by any means, but is pretty darn small with plenty of strange quirks.
I actually prefer a smaller car. If the dual motor version had at least a 300 mile range with better efficiency, I would seriously consider it.

Goodbye to this 1 day rentalā€¦

Conclusion, itā€™s not a bad car. Itā€™s just styling is really up to individual. I asked my soon to go to college son his opinion about M3 or this. He rather have this over M3.

As a parent, I think this car gives me peace of mind in case of a crash. I just like the body is so thick and well built. Itā€™s like in the 90s Japanese save steel to achieve higher fuel efficiency than American autos. Today I feel the same for Tesla body with such high velocity. This Polestar 2 definitely sacrificed efficiency on its weight.
13308524-B9E8-43D0-B4C7-79BEC45AD235.jpeg
9066FE96-9485-44D0-9A00-409DA82E2CA5.jpeg

I've had a Polestar 2 for about 12 months. I'm leasing it as our second vehicle for around town and occasionally for local road trips.

When I leased our P2 last fall, they offered really competitive lease rates. Cheaper than a Model 3, Mach-E, Ioniq 5, lease at that time. I prefer the look over the cross-overs but it also has a hatch back instead of a trunk like the Model 3 which I wanted for dogs.

Overall we have been very happy with it. The Google navigation is possibly the best on the market. Really easy to use and search for chargers and/or destinations. Range is good enough 200-250 miles and it drives like a hot hatch back. The interior feels more upscale than a Model 3, and it's slightly faster to 60 unless you opt for the performance version. Apple car play is a HUGE plus, and they have been good about regular over the air updates to resolve bugs and add new features.

Lease rates have now gone way up and I believe it will lose the $7500 tax credit. It would be hard to justify buying one full price or leasing at the current rates. For reference we leased a fully loaded (except no performance pack) $62k MSRP P2 for $590 / month with zero down. I believe lease rates now put it around $850 / month.

IMG_5529.jpeg

I've had a Polestar 2 for about 12 months. I'm leasing it as our second vehicle for around town and occasionally for local road trips.

When I leased our P2 last fall, they offered really competitive lease rates. Cheaper than a Model 3, Mach-E, Ioniq 5, lease at that time. I prefer the look over the cross-overs but it also has a hatch back instead of a trunk like the Model 3 which I wanted for dogs.

Overall we have been very happy with it. The Google navigation is possibly the best on the market. Really easy to use and search for chargers and/or destinations. Range is good enough 200-250 miles and it drives like a hot hatch back. The interior feels more upscale than a Model 3, and it's slightly faster to 60 unless you opt for the performance version. Apple car play is a HUGE plus, and they have been good about regular over the air updates to resolve bugs and add new features.

Lease rates have now gone way up and I believe it will lose the $7500 tax credit. It would be hard to justify buying one full price or leasing at the current rates. For reference we leased a fully loaded (except no performance pack) $62k MSRP P2 for $590 / month with zero down. I believe lease rates now put it around $850 / month.

View attachment 4339
Are those load carrier bars detachable or permanent?

They deliver so fast, Iā€™ve heard just 10 weeks. So I just ordered one to get $7500 Fed credit incentive. There are other options, but I refuse to pay dealers over MSRPā€¦ 12k and 10k over EV6 and MachE, Cā€™Mon seriously!!!

Are those load carrier bars detachable or permanent?

They deliver so fast, Iā€™ve heard just 10 weeks. So I just ordered one to get $7500 Fed credit incentive. There are other options, but I refuse to pay dealers over MSRPā€¦ 12k and 10k over EV6 and MachE, Cā€™Mon seriously!!!

Those are the factory cross bars and they are detachable.

Back