Anybody know why these chargers won't work on my Lucid?

LucidNJ

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
The parking lot at my place of work has 6 of these 30A level 2 chargers. I don't know if they are on a public charging network or just owned by the building as I don't see them on the plugshare app. In time that I was waiting for my AT to be delivered, I have seen multiple Teslas, plug in hybrids, and other EVs charging with no problem. The adapter on the end is a J1772 so it plugs into my charging port just fine, but all I see is the "preparing to charge" message and my charging port blinks white. I don't really rely on these chargers as I have a level 2 charger at home, but I'm just curious as to why my Lucid won't initiate a charge. Any ideas? From what I'm told there's so special procedure to activate the charger.

Attachments

• 766F1657-D058-4A44-B184-7C5C75BFC0F1.jpeg
    766F1657-D058-4A44-B184-7C5C75BFC0F1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
The parking lot at my place of work has 6 of these 30A level 2 chargers. I don't know if they are on a public charging network or just owned by the building as I don't see them on the plugshare app. In time that I was waiting for my AT to be delivered, I have seen multiple Teslas, plug in hybrids, and other EVs charging with no problem. The adapter on the end is a J1772 so it plugs into my charging port just fine, but all I see is the "preparing to charge" message and my charging port blinks white. I don't really rely on these chargers as I have a level 2 charger at home, but I'm just curious as to why my Lucid won't initiate a charge. Any ideas? From what I'm told there's so special procedure to activate the charger.
It sounds like the charger needs to be activated. Likely thorugh either an app on your phone or an RFID card. It looks like there is a card reader location on the charger.

Same problem with me with EA chargers. Have reported problem to Lucid, no response in a month.

Back