Any Lucid owners who are previously Taycan owners?

Team Geezer

Cars
Taycan 4S, 911 Turbo S
I'm a new to the forum and a current 2020 Taycan 4S owner with an order deposit on a GT (Stellar White Stealth, Mojave Interior, 21" Aero Sport Stealth Wheels). I would love to hear opinions.

I made my initial deposit on a Lucid on 9/14/2020 and eventually cancelled it on 2/12/21, when the delays kept coming. I love the Taycan. For a first year model it had a few teething issues but overall it has been a really great car. But!! I can't tell you how excited I am about the prospect of a Air GT.

I was all set to pull the trigger on a 2021 Taycan 4S when the dealer pulled a fast one on me and I walked. So glad I did cause I love my Dream Edition Performance. I have owned four Porsches (last one was the 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid) and I am obviously a Porsche fan, but the Lucid is in another class altogether. As you probably are aware the GT Performance (which has slightly less HP than the Dream Edition) set the record for a production car at the Goodwind Hill Climb and also recently at the Laguna Seca Hill climb. It beat out all the other production cars including Porsches. Further, I was a passenger with a professional driver a couple of weeks ago at Laguna Seca and we did some hot laps in the GTP and I was extremely impressed. I ran my 911 for five years on the California tracks and probably had well over 500 laps at Laguna Seca, so I know the line very well. The GTP held the line perfectly and never flinched with amazing acceleration even on the short straight aways. This car in the right hands is a beast!! You will not be disappointed.

I'm a new to the forum and a current 2020 Taycan 4S owner with an order deposit on a GT (Stellar White Stealth, Mojave Interior, 21" Aero Sport Stealth Wheels). I would love to hear opinions.

I made my initial deposit on a Lucid on 9/14/2020 and eventually cancelled it on 2/12/21, when the delays kept coming. I love the Taycan. For a first year model it had a few teething issues but overall it has been a really great car. But!! I can't tell you how excited I am about the prospect of a Air GT.
I did the reverse. I cancelled my order for the 2020 Taycan Turbo when it first came out, because of several reasons. One is I was disappointed with the low range, but the dealbreaker for me was the lack of buttons for HVAC , volume and A/C vent control which I am glad Lucid was smart enough to leave alone.

Lucid Air Touring reserved 10/14/20, loaded Taycan 4S as seen in my avatar (MSRP $149,000) was an impulse purchase a month later. Car has been fantastic over the 33,000 miles of ownership. My car has had no issues like many early Taycans. An incredible daily driver. Can't wait for the Touring to arrive in a few months. My test drive of the GT blew me away.

We owned a 2020 4S for 18 months and 13,700 miles. Lots of teething problems as well. We sold it after we realized the 4S was only driven a few hundred miles since the DEP arrived and collecting dust. The driving dynamics of the DEP are close enough to the 4S, but the comfort and interior space made it the preferred car to drive and the car to keep.

I saw a few Taycans at the dealer and decided to see which I liked better in person... well... I found the Porsche to be GORGEOUS, and so was the Air...

Still, I almost grabbed up that white one in the top right corner... Hoping the new SW makes me forget it entirely.

Attachments

• IMG_7931.jpg
    IMG_7931.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 157
The new software is a huge improvement and much more coming in the future. My DEP blows away the Taycan Turbo S 0-60 and the quarter mile. While many claim the Taycans handle better on twisty roads, I'm not totally convinced and in any case for day to day driving, freeways, etc. and overall comfort of the seats and interior, the Lucid is the far superior vehicle. Plus its substantially less expensive than the Turbo S.

Hope you are right Lefty! Seeing the two next to each other was so cool... The Taycan is so beautiful. The Air is too, but you
can't see it in many photos (doesn't photograph like the Porsche IMO)... but you do see it in person. The Air is better in person.

I should have gotten the DEP, but I suppose there is always a Sapphire...

Hope the 2.0+ will be what has been described...

I have so many questions / feature requests after DD'ing mine for the past week & coming from MXP™

I had a Taycan. There are pros and cons of leaving it for an AGT. The range, interior space, and software were the main reasons I left my Taycan behind. Man do I miss driving it at times though. The regen button you had to constantly manually enable was annoying as heck. In case you’re wondering, I’ve gotten far more looks/compliments/comments on my AGT over my Taycan as well.

Being a Taycan and an AGT owner, there are plus and minus for both. The Taycan handles and the built quality is far better than my AGT, in my opinion. However, in terms of range, interior space, cargo capacity these are where the AGT shines. They are both great daily drivers. In a straight line acceleration, they are both about the same. Once you add curves to the equation, that’s where the Taycan can runs circles around the AGT. But let’s be serious here, majority of people are not going to be driving like that. One huge negative for the AGT is the software. Even though, UX 2.0 addresses some of the issues, they are far from fixing all of them. I trust they will eventually, but the big question is when. In conclusion, you will not go wrong with either one. One more thing to add, if you‘re single or have a teenager (I have a 15 year old daughter) I would go for the Taycan. If you’re a family person or plan to drive more than yourself go for the AGT.

Being a Taycan and an AGT owner, there are plus and minus for both. The Taycan handles and the built quality is far better than my AGT, in my opinion. However, in terms of range, interior space, cargo capacity these are where the AGT shines. They are both great daily drivers. In a straight line acceleration, they are both about the same. Once you add curves to the equation, that’s where the Taycan can runs circles around the AGT. But let’s be serious here, majority of people are not going to be driving like that. One huge negative for the AGT is the software. Even though, UX 2.0 addresses some of the issues, they are far from fixing all of them. I trust they will eventually, but the big question is when. In conclusion, you will not go wrong with either one. One more thing to add, if you‘re single or have a teenager (I have a 15 year old daughter) I would go for the Taycan. If you’re a family person or plan to drive more than yourself go for the AGT.
Nice comparison. I really wish the Tacyan would have a lot more range, as it is a really great looking car, but the range just kills it for me.

I have a Taycan Turbo S (went from 2020 to a 2022), and I have a dream edition performance. I use them very differently, but if I had to choose one, it would be the Lucid. Whether the Taycan can be fully used as a daily driver depends on what you are bringing with you, kids, etc. I have 3 young kids, and if they are with me, the Taycan does not work as a daily driver. The backseat is cramped (even for a 12 year old), and cargo space is limited.

Hands down the Turbo S wins on corners, driving engagement, steering wheel (for me the most important feel in the vehicle), software (the newest updates are a lot better than the original implementation) and by simply having Sirius XM... the dream is more comfortable, the ride is better across various road types, and I can actually fit golf clubs, briefcase, luggage and still have the massive back seat available for the kids. I don’t really care if people gawk at my car, but the Lucid gets more “oohs and aahs”.

If range anxiety is an issue, I would never get a Taycan or an E Tron GT for that matter. The Turbo S goes 212 miles and that gets wiped out fast. Considering that my luck with EA chargers is limited, and I find only 25-50% of them work at any given time, I can’t rely on the Taycan at all for heavy driving. I can use the Lucid with no fear and routinely drive up into the mountains and back and can choose whether to charge or not. This will probably be less of an issue as charging networks are built out.

Nice comparison. I really wish the Tacyan would have a lot more range, as it is a really great looking car, but the range just kills it for me.
Range on the Taycan is the biggest issue for me. That + interior space for occupants is what relegates it to non-daily driver.

Range on the Taycan is the biggest issue for me. That + interior space for occupants is what relegates it to non-daily driver.
The range is 100% hands down the biggest issue on the Taycan (next to software). The interior space is really just the typical debate of sports car or family car 😅

The range is 100% hands down the biggest issue on the Taycan (next to software). The interior space is really just the typical debate of sports car or family car 😅
True. Although I’m not sure the Air qualifies as a true family car.

Back