Another review: Software troubles are holding this car back

windscar911

Verified Owner
Cars
Air, 911
He misunderstands what "Android Automotive" means here. He thinks it means Android Auto but ultimately the software story in this car is just not great.

Also measured weakness in the Bass here. I wish they tried to reset and see if the Bass came back.

Stuff like this is simple unacceptable imo, I wish Lucid was more public about what they're doing to fix this. I've been on the fence after seeing all these issues.
Doing another test drive next week before I decide one way or another.

Reactions: Bel
He misunderstands what "Android Automotive" means here. He thinks it means Android Auto but ultimately the software story in this car is just not great.

Also measured weakness in the Bass here. I wish they tried to reset and see if the Bass came back.

Stuff like this is simple unacceptable imo, I wish Lucid was more public about what they're doing to fix this. I've been on the fence after seeing all these issues.
The next software update (the 2.0 “big one”) should relieve a lot of these issues.

Don’t let it deter you from the car. It’s a spectacular drive.

Or wait, up to you.

Or wait, up to you.
If I get a VIN assigned, can I still choose to punt it until some later date (likely resulting in a different VIN)?
I really want to love the car, but I will be very disappointed if it dies on my like it does in this video. I've been following the forums and the company very closely, hoping for that 'big one'.

If I get a VIN assigned, can I still choose to punt it until some later date (likely resulting in a different VIN)?
I really want to love the car, but I will be very disappointed if it dies on my like it does in this video. I've been following the forums and the company very closely, hoping for that 'big one'.
The vast majority of owners have been extremely happy with their cars. There is, of course, some chance that you may not be.

That said, I have no idea if you can delay it, but probably?

This is pure speculation on my part but I think that if you got a VIN and refused to take delivery but wanted to wait some unspecified amount of time for a car, your original order is cancelled. You would be subject to new pricing and asked to put in an order when you are ready to take delivery.

I think part of it is your timing. If you tell Lucid I have cold feet before they start production of your car, they'll treat you differently than after you've been assigned a VIN.

Last edited:
This is pure speculation on my part but I think that if you got a VIN and refused to take delivery but wanted to wait some unspecified amount of time for a car, your original order is cancelled. You would be subject to new pricing and asked to put in an order when you are ready to take delivery.

I think part of it is your timing. If you tell Lucid I have cold feet before they start production of your car, they'll treat you differently than after you've been assigned a VIN.
Yes, I'd be surprised if it was not cancelled.

As others have said above, you can 'punt' your reservation by about 10 to 20 days citing business trip, scheduling conflicts, etc .. But beyond that, nope.

Or, if you don't care/mind, change your configuration, to say, Cosmos Silver & that will put you at the end of the queue & you can 'wait it out' till mid 2023 or later.

The cars 'dying' is real & I'm not going to take away the seriousness of those posts. If *that* singular is a key metric for you, then this is *not* the car for you. And you will be better served by giving up your place in the queue & waiting it out for a year, till 'things' (hardware, software, customer service, rental car, ...) sort out to your acceptance threshold.

P.S: I would like to tell you about the majority of users not having the 'dying' issues and that it will not happen to me or you. I drive my car, with Plan B in mind always - that may not suit you. But when I drive, I forget about Plan B and I have a big grin on my face. :).

YMMV.

The car has an amazing ride and feel… It is like no other BUT, it comes with software bugs/flaws that should get ironed over time. If you can deal with that, then you should buy the car. If you can’t, then I would buy another car or wait until bugs are less or gone.

I agree with some of the reviewers frustrations.

I’m definitely rooting for Lucid. These are fixable problems, I hope.
The lack of communication is concerning but I guess they don’t owe me anything until I own the car.

I think I’m going to make a decision after doing another test drive. I already know I LOVE how the car drives, it’s just excellent. But if my test drive has the same old issues(audio cut out, seat massage stopped working, pax seat lumbar stopped working, backup camera blanked out) as I had over 4 months ago then I will have to make a hard call.

I believe the big update was supposed to be coming in the “coming weeks”. It will be a month next week since that statement was made which isn’t “coming weeks”.

1.2.17 is crap! From the AC turning off and on again to TiDAL and TuneIn constantly cutting out I’m getting over having to constantly reload the apps to only have them drop out 5 mins later. The moment you see a bar drop on signal you can bet your bottom dollar the music / online radio will stop 5 seconds later.

If you want to delay your delivery just ask for the 20 inch wheels. That should knock you back to the first quarter of 2023

If you want to delay your delivery just ask for the 20 inch wheels. That should knock you back to the first quarter of 2023
Then there is no tax credit and you are stuck with 20” wheels 😜

I just received my car about 10 days ago. Yes, there are still software bugs that I find a tad frustrating at times, but since I expected them , I am more prepared to deal with them.

That being said ,and this is going in CAPS to stress my strong feeling about the car. DON’T LET THAT DISSUADE YOU. THE CAR IS LIKE NOTHING ELSE I HAVE DRIVEN.!!!

While the bugs may irk you from time to time, the sheer enjoyment from driving the car outweighs any negative at this point.
My bugs have been minor and mainly consist of problems with the radio/tidal and occasional frustrations with the car not being recognized immediately .

As far as the bass, I have struggled with this point. After much finagling with the settings I think I have it down. When tracks are in Dolby Atmos , the sound is unbelievable. When not in Atmos , the sound is good but I agree some of the lows are lacking. I turned down the mid and treble and cranked up the bass and most tracks sound great. When you get the right music in this car , it’s unbeatable and Tidal let’s you do that .

Do I get a little frustrated sometimes ? Yes. Is it worth it because of the ridiculous driving characteristics? EMPHATIC YES.

Sorry for the long post, but I struggled with the same questions . Glad I followed through with my purchase . Good luck.😊😊😊

This is correct. I considered doing this and opted not to for this very reason. There are no exceptions to this policy.

My car is solid, quiet, powerful, and handles well. The sound system is great. I don't have a lot of miles yet—only 1400, but overall the car is dependable and a pleasure to drive. It does have some software problems such as the clock defaulting to the wrong time zone for the first 5 minutes of a drive, the sound system dropping out and then forgetting what it was playing, and Alexa at times is spotty, but to me, these are minor problems that I believe Lucid will solve.
Lucid's customer service has been wonderful. On the two times I interacted with them they were quick to respond and were dedicated to solving the problem.

I just received my car about 10 days ago. Yes, there are still software bugs that I find a tad frustrating at times, but since I expected them , I am more prepared to deal with them.

That being said ,and this is going in CAPS to stress my strong feeling about the car. DON’T LET THAT DISSUADE YOU. THE CAR IS LIKE NOTHING ELSE I HAVE DRIVEN.!!!

While the bugs may irk you from time to time, the sheer enjoyment from driving the car outweighs any negative at this point.
My bugs have been minor and mainly consist of problems with the radio/tidal and occasional frustrations with the car not being recognized immediately .

As far as the bass, I have struggled with this point. After much finagling with the settings I think I have it down. When tracks are in Dolby Atmos , the sound is unbelievable. When not in Atmos , the sound is good but I agree some of the lows are lacking. I turned down the mid and treble and cranked up the bass and most tracks sound great. When you get the right music in this car , it’s unbeatable and Tidal let’s you do that .

Do I get a little frustrated sometimes ? Yes. Is it worth it because of the ridiculous driving characteristics? EMPHATIC YES.

Sorry for the long post, but I struggled with the same questions . Glad I followed through with my purchase . Good luck.😊😊😊
You mirror my sentiments, although I think it sounds very good even when not listening to Dolby Atmos. With Dolby Atmos some songs are the best I’ve ever heard from a car. I do find myself frustrated with the cutting out when listening to Tidal, so often I just listen to Amazon.

Knowing that we are in for a 2.0 upgrade in the relative near future, I’m ok with it all. The minor inconveniences to me are a small price to pay for OG pricing, the tax credit and having the distinction of being one of the only Lucid’s that people have seen.

You mirror my sentiments, although I think it sounds very good even when not listening to Dolby Atmos. With Dolby Atmos some songs are the best I’ve ever heard from a car. I do find myself frustrated with the cutting out when listening to Tidal, so often I just listen to Amazon.

Knowing that we are in for a 2.0 upgrade in the relative near future, I’m ok with it all. The minor inconveniences to me are a small price to pay for OG pricing, the tax credit and having the distinction of being one of the only Lucid’s that people have seen.
Yes. I have been really concentrating on the audio for the last couple days and I think I understand it much much better. I wish it was a tad more customizable, but after taking advice from many of the members on the forum I am becoming more enthralled .
Sometimes with Atmos I get startled ( in a good way )because there are sounds being thrown around in ways I would have never expected.

When one plays around with the system , I think they will really like. Bunnylebowski even got me to like When Doves Cry by Prince. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I may want to try Amazon music also.

I believe the big update was supposed to be coming in the “coming weeks”. It will be a month next week since that statement was made which isn’t “coming weeks”.

1.2.17 is crap! From the AC turning off and on again to TiDAL and TuneIn constantly cutting out I’m getting over having to constantly reload the apps to only have them drop out 5 mins later. The moment you see a bar drop on signal you can bet your bottom dollar the music / online radio will stop 5 seconds later.
Technically any week that isn’t in the past, or the current week is “coming” ;)

I.e. I think they close their language carefully.

This is correct. I considered doing this and opted not to for this very reason. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Yes- I asked Lucid this question as a hypothetical (as I’m not expecting to be at that point for some time). Once a VIN is assigned they will be somewhat flexible to work around travel/vacation schedules for delivery, but they won’t put off delivery for weeks, or allow any sort of hold (I.e unassign a VIN then assign a new one when customer requests at some future date).

I’m definitely rooting for Lucid. These are fixable problems, I hope.
The lack of communication is concerning but I guess they don’t owe me anything until I own the car.

I think I’m going to make a decision after doing another test drive. I already know I LOVE how the car drives, it’s just excellent. But if my test drive has the same old issues(audio cut out, seat massage stopped working, pax seat lumbar stopped working, backup camera blanked out) as I had over 4 months ago then I will have to make a hard call.
If you postpone and select the 20" wheels, DM me and maybe we can swap my 21s for your 20s.

Back