• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Another positive EA experience

Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
I’ve seen a lot of negative posts about EA here on the forum, but I have been very pleased. This station is 2 miles from my house. 150kW.
IMG_4362.jpeg

That's pretty comparable to what I had yesterday. Did you notice if/how quickly it went down from there? And did the charger display the speed requested by your car?

Lately my EA experiences have been very good. Over the past month+, the 6-150kW-charger installation at our local Target has had every station running at full power when I've been there. I regularly get this message when I come in with 30-35% battery. Keep it up Lucid and EA! :)

There is a EA charger about 1 1/2 miles from my house. Only 150 Kw. The max I get is about 85 Kw.
And this just happened earlier this week. The other closer to me is about 15 miles away.:(

Hey they can’t all be bad experiences. But when you can’t charge, or have to wait for a kiosk because 1/2 are broken or your car is limited by the charger to some ridiculous low level and this occurs 25 percent of the time it sours the experience of the other 75 percent uneventful experiences

Hey they can’t all be bad experiences. But when you can’t charge, or have to wait for a kiosk because 1/2 are broken or your car is limited by the charger to some ridiculous low level and this occurs 25 percent of the time it sours the experience of the other 75 percent uneventful experiences
I have a hard time believing the bad incidents are anywhere near 25% of the time over the past few months. I can tell by the decrease in complaints here alone that the EA situation has improved significantly. Most seem to complain of ping-ponging or having to switch cables more than anything else now. Which is hardly a big issue.

Funny enough, I noticed it says charging power limited. Or is that just what the lucid says below 350 kwh?
Yes, I’m not sure why it says that since it is actually a 150 kW station anyway.

Yes, I’m not sure why it says that since it is actually a 150 kW station anyway.
The phase is actually "Charging power limited by station", which means the car wants more power, but the station is limiting how much it provides.

I’ve seen a lot of negative posts about EA here on the forum, but I have been very pleased. This station is 2 miles from my house. 150kW.
View attachment 12850
Must be the EA chargers with a square hole in them. Those are the ABB chargers, out of the three Signet, BTC, and ABB. The ABB chargers are the most stable, and provide the highest KWs. There are few at a location in Hayward, CA and only 1 charger #10 at the San Francisco Premium Outlets in Livermore, CA is this square hole in the charger unit. Consistently it provides the higher charger rate.

Must be the EA chargers with a square hole in them. Those are the ABB chargers, out of the three Signet, BTC, and ABB. The ABB chargers are the most stable, and provide the highest KWs. There are few at a location in Hayward, CA and only 1 charger #10 at the San Francisco Premium Outlets in Livermore, CA is this square hole in the charger unit. Consistently it provides the higher charger rate.
This kind:
IMG_4364.jpeg

I have a hard time believing the bad incidents are anywhere near 25% of the time over the past few months. I can tell by the decrease in complaints here alone that the EA situation has improved significantly. Most seem to complain of ping-ponging or having to switch cables more than anything else now. Which is hardly a big issue.
As they say” your mileage may vary “ I’m sure some people live close to low usage relative new EA chargers that provide good service. I use primarily 4 that are within 35 miles of me, Newburgh, Orangeburg, White plains and garden state mall. All of them are high volume usage and within the last three months have been partially or mostly down, or limit charge. Three of these locales have chargers placed within the last year. So yeah 25 percent is a conservative figure. I have 19000 miles on my car so I use it a lot

The phase is actually "Charging power limited by station", which means the car wants more power, but the station is limiting how much it provides.
..which is funny because its already pulling 25 kw more than its “max.“ I wish we could see the charging speed that the car requests.

..which is funny because its already pulling 25 kw more than its “max.“ I wish we could see the charging speed that the car requests.
I’m not sure why they called them 150 in the first place because they are capable of 175. Maybe a marketing decision.

I’m not sure why they called them 150 in the first place because they are capable of 175. Maybe a marketing decision.
They are only capable of 150 on 400 volt cars. Good question why the discrepancy between 150 and 350 units since the 350's only provide 350 to 900V cars.

Probably to avoid lawsuits, similar to "lesser mph" speedometers and things like BMW and Porsche understating HP numbers.

At Orangeburg now. Still only 2 out of four working after several days since I was last here. Was pulling 141 kW out of a 150 charger when I hooked up at 25percent. It did Yoyo quite a bit though.

Great experience today. 25 minutes of preconditioning did the trick (10 minutes longer than usual). 150+ kW at 42 SOC.

Previously charging around 60-90, same location.

PXL_20230617_141810697.jpg

Great experience today. 25 minutes of preconditioning did the trick (10 minutes longer than usual). 150+ kW at 42 SOC.

Previously charging around 60-90, same location.

View attachment 13020
Premium outlets station 2 is giving me 74 kw at 92% right now. Really nice. Charging to 100 for the trip back, sorry local Las Vegasians!

Back