Charge Loss While Idle

AZPure

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
What has been your experiences with charging loss while the car is off/idle? For context, I live in AZ and keep the car garaged. It does get hot in there. I’ve noticed it losing 5+ miles of range from the morning to the afternoon. This is when the battery has approx 60-70% SOC. I know it will turn on to keep the battery at an optimum temperature but this seems excessive. I turned off passive unlock and I refrain from checking the app but still, the range dwindles.

I haven’t installed a charger yet as I’ve just been using the trickle charger at night and EA near my house to supplement.

Your SOC loss is high. It seems something is still waking the car up and causing the extra loss. Even with passive unlocking off, try keeping fobs and mobile key far from the car.
Yeah I need to have the car road force balanced so I’ll bring this up as well with service. It probably wouldn’t be an issue if I just left it plugged in but given the heat of the garage, I try not to trickle charge during the day.

If you wake up the car in any given ways, the car will take a while for the motors to go to sleep - something like 5 to 10 minutes. These extra times for the car to go to sleep do contribute to range loss.

I have the same issue. For example, I drove to work today and parked when I was at 80% SOC. 8 hours later, I left the office, and the car was at 78% SOC. My phone was far from the car all day so it is not a key fob or phone causing it to wake. Based on the Lucid calculation (which is based on 425 miles on a full battery) I lost about 7 miles. The same thing happens at home overnight.

My son has a Chevy Bolt EUV, which loses almost nothing overnight - sometimes 1 mile max. Does anyone know why my Lucid loses so much charge loss?

I have the same issue. For example, I drove to work today and parked when I was at 80% SOC. 8 hours later, I left the office, and the car was at 78% SOC. My phone was far from the car all day so it is not a key fob or phone causing it to wake. Based on the Lucid calculation (which is based on 425 miles on a full battery) I lost about 7 miles. The same thing happens at home overnight.

My son has a Chevy Bolt EUV, which loses almost nothing overnight - sometimes 1 mile max. Does anyone know why my Lucid loses so much charge loss?
When your car is parked at the office, is it on any sort of Wi-Fi signal? I recently let my car sit for 16 days. I had Wi-Fi off... it lost about 4%, or about 1/4% per day. I do agree with you that the Lucid uses more battery while idle than many other EVs, including my own Jaguar I Pace. It's my theory that the Lucid "phones home" more often than other cars to upload and download logs and such stuff. Also, if you have passive unlocking turned on, the car will be constantly looking for the signal from a key.

Turning the wifi off is not a big deal as we really only use it for OTA updates. But the passive lock and unlock is pretty important! I will try restricting both over the next couple of days and see. Thanks.

Turning the wifi off is not a big deal as we really only use it for OTA updates. But the passive lock and unlock is pretty important! I will try restricting both over the next couple of days and see. Thanks.
Some have reported that when the Wi-Fi is turned on, the car uploads a lot more information than it does over cellular. I’m not sure if this is actually true but it could indeed affect battery if it is.

Back