Annual Service

I just got my car back from its one year service. They sent a flat bed truck to Naples, Fl from Miami and left me a new GT. It took a week as they had to replace a shock in the frunk and had to order the part. They fixed a few minor things on my list as well. Came back in perfect shape and cost was a little less than $600. I am used to my Mercedes yearly service of $1500 to $3000. I still don’t think Lucid can begin to be successful until it has more show rooms and service centers. Towing a car across Florida twice and leaving a loaner for a week has to cost a fortune. But I love the car and can’t say enough good things about the way they have treated me. Mike

Thank you for sharing that is great to hear as a new owner. We live 5+ hours from the nearest service center in Dallas and our service center is in Houston and I agree I hope they get a lot more service centers but as long as they will bring the cars there on their dime I'm ok.

Millbrae tech quoted me $650 for my 1 year service. i saw the list of things they do at 1year service and it feels like a rip off for that price point. it doesn't rain a lot here so i'm sure the wiper blades are still good. Costco sells those batteries for $20 or so for a dozen. the only thing that maybe tricky to do is the filters.
I just got my annual service performed in Millbrae recently. It was not $650. It was $350.

The most important service item on the list is steering/suspension alignment. I get that done typically every time I buy new tires which is every 24 months. All of the other items can be DIY or electronic diagnostics.

It reads 2mph low no matter what; that is intentional.
So, just got to 12K in 9 months in 2023 AT - no problems/drives great. Is there a dash notification to schedule or do you call CS to schedule, or do you just call the service center?

So, just got to 12K in 9 months in 2023 AT - no problems/drives great. Is there a dash notification to schedule or do you call CS to schedule, or do you just call the service center?
No dash notice for annual service. You can call either local service center or customer care. If you call customer care they will just have the local service center call you.

I'm highly disappointed in the "Annual Service" visit I had last week. The tech was more interested in time (leaving) than performing the work. The service was done in my garage, and the car never moved an inch. All that was done was the cabin filters (3) we're replaced and the windshield wiper inserts were replaced. Nothing else was done! No computer hookup to check the batteries, no brake checks, nothing. And for all this nothingness they want $350. They also didn't bring the weatherstripping with them that still needs to be replaced.

I'm highly disappointed in the "Annual Service" visit I had last week. The tech was more interested in time (leaving) than performing the work. The service was done in my garage, and the car never moved an inch. All that was done was the cabin filters (3) we're replaced and the windshield wiper inserts were replaced. Nothing else was done! No computer hookup to check the batteries, no brake checks, nothing. And for all this nothingness they want $350. They also didn't bring the weatherstripping with them that still needs to be replaced.
Sounds like a bad service experience :( perhaps @mcr16 can help investigate?

Sorry to hear about what happened. FWIW, there isn’t *that* much involved in an annual service, but it does sound like there were potentially some checks that went undone.

... No computer hookup to check the batteries...
Sorry about your experience. I imagine Lucid already has the data for battery health by OTA telemetry.

Sorry about your bad experience. FWIW, I had my annual service done a few months ago in my driveway. The mobile tech did everything on the list except the wheel alignment (which requires going to a service center). Took a couple of hours. The total cost was just over $400 after tax. I was pleased with my service experience. I live in Baltimore BTW.

Hi, @LUCI GT. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I just sent you a DM.

I overheard one of the technicians, plus reports on the forum. Lucid monitors a great deal of the electronics remotely. An email would probably inform you sooner than an annual checkup of any concerns.

Brake check would be good, but I can hardly see those needing to be replaced after 12k miles.

I posted a chart in here regarding what to expect for your annual service visits, and if you hadn't hit 24k which is the first major milestone, then 12k one isn't that much work

I overheard one of the technicians, plus reports on the forum. Lucid monitors a great deal of the electronics remotely. An email would probably inform you sooner than an annual checkup of any concerns.

Brake check would be good, but I can hardly see those needing to be replaced after 12k miles.
Probably never if you primarily use regen. My I Pace has almost 45k miles and when I recently had new tires put on I checked the pads… they looked basically untouched.

It reads 2mph low no matter what; that is intentional.
Don't you mean high? The concept as I understand it is that if, e.g., you set your ACC at 65 when the speed limit is 55 (something drivers do in Arizona all the time), you will be actually going 63 so any speeding ticket you get will not be the fault of the speedometer.

Don't you mean high? The concept as I understand it is that if, e.g., you set your ACC at 65 when the speed limit is 55 (something drivers do in Arizona all the time), you will be actually going 63 so any speeding ticket you get will not be the fault of the speedometer.
Mine's 1 mph 😉

A quick shoutout to mcr16 from this forum. He contacted me privately, and put the Miami service center manager in touch with me today. She was very concerned with the lack of work done that should have been done. Most technicians carry a laptop with them to connect into the car, it's been done in the past with my car on other service visits. It was not done last week. We're currently waiting on the driver door weatherstripping before she sends a different tech out to complete what wasn't done. To those who responded above, thank you. There is a great group of members here, and I really appreciate the support.

Yes, that's what I meant. Holiday brain

Back