Annual Service

The wiper fluid sprays through the blades, so I assumed they would be harder than a typical wiper blade to replace. But if there are third-party options, all the better.

I assumed the fluid sprayed through the metal struts, not through the rubber blades themselves. I never really looked, though.

Where did you get the aftermarket wipers? I guess I falsely assumed they wouldn't be readily available at auto parts stores.
I bought wiper inserts on Amazon. The actual wiper assembly I have not changed myself as those are expensive and are more than just the wipers as they are heated and have the washer fluid built in.

I would double check that because a lot of people from Lucid had misinformed me on just about everything I asked in the past. Also, the cost around $300-400 for the annual service is very reasonable considering the cost of the car.

I've been advised to book my annual service by my SC. Does anyone know whether it will affect my warranty if I don't service it? With my model X I serviced it once in 4 years as it wasn't actually necessary to keep the warranty, and I looked at the service bulletin and it didn't seem relevant to keep the car running smoothly (e.g. like an oil change), so I decided to service it prior to the warranty expiring. I don't care to pay for overpriced fluid filling as I can easily do that myself and I've also change my own wiper blades already so to pay for those again seems like a waste.
IMG_20230911_164056.jpg

These are the service intervals and the checklist

On a car like this - that is all new technology only fully understood by the manufacturer - why wouldn't it be worth $400 to have that manufacturer look it over and be sure everything is A OK?

Makes zero sense to spend this kind of money on a car and then skimp like that IMO.

It cost me $360 exactly to have my service done. Including tire rotations at my house.

They have to be losing money on mobile annual service. To roll a truck, where the tech spends all that time driving and not billing, for that little revenue can’t be a money maker…

They have to be losing money on mobile annual service. To roll a truck, where the tech spends all that time driving and not billing, for that little revenue can’t be a money maker…
So you think it's cheaper to have a big location with dedicated technicians on the hour to do a cabin air filter and wiper blade change, and fob change? I'm sure it would cost them much more for that.
Having a mobile can do small services in people's houses not only is more of a VIP and luxury feel, but also paying 1 guy to drive around is far cheaper than taking up space in a location with dedicated technicians. Leave that for the bigger stuff (or 24k service which is much higher than the normal 12k service)

So you think it's cheaper to have a big location with dedicated technicians on the hour to do a cabin air filter and wiper blade change, and fob change? I'm sure it would cost them much more for that.
Having a mobile can do small services in people's houses not only is more of a VIP and luxury feel, but also paying 1 guy to drive around is far cheaper than taking up space in a location with dedicated technicians. Leave that for the bigger stuff (or 24k service which is much higher than the normal 12k service)
Centralizing the techs allows more of their time to be spent on billable hours, rather than travel...unless they start charging for travel for mobile services.

Get that in writing.

It shouldn't be hard to get it "in writing" with a simple web search. It's the law. They can't force you to use them for service, have to perform recall services for free, can't stop you from doing your own maintenance, and can't void your warranty except in cases where your negligence caused the problem. And in those cases, it would be for the relevant component, not the entire car.

If something is leaking, and they can show that it was leaking at the time you were due for annual service but you failed to do it, and the lack of service caused damage, that would be on you. But it wouldn't mean that if your screen broke or your headlights stopped working, it wouldn't be covered.

Also, most if not all of the parts needed wouldn't be relevant to warranty. If you keep your car garaged and drive for a few thousand miles per year, your wiper blades will probably be like new, and your air filter might not be dirty. If you don't change the batteries in your sun visor, the worst case might be having to change them later, if you even use the battery. Just remember to read the instructions and warnings so you know not to eat the batteries. I assume that people who don't read that assume that batteries are snack food, or they wouldn't have put it in the manual.

Regardless, annual service is cheap enough, but don't worry about losing your warranty as a result of getting your service a few month's late.

View attachment 14951
These are the service intervals and the checklist
Nothing in that 12K mile service should void the warranty. Understand 360 is nothing based on the value of the Car but the tech kind of rolled his eyes when talking about it.
Well worth it if the car is parked outside and driven in a dusty environment and also where it rains a lot. You can’t mess with your Viper blades. Vision is already an issue with some of us Baby Boomers 😂

Millbrae tech quoted me $650 for my 1 year service. i saw the list of things they do at 1year service and it feels like a rip off for that price point. it doesn't rain a lot here so i'm sure the wiper blades are still good. Costco sells those batteries for $20 or so for a dozen. the only thing that maybe tricky to do is the filters.

Millbrae tech quoted me $650 for my 1 year service. i saw the list of things they do at 1year service and it feels like a rip off for that price point. it doesn't rain a lot here so i'm sure the wiper blades are still good. Costco sells those batteries for $20 or so for a dozen. the only thing that maybe tricky to do is the filters.
Was the higher quote for the 1 year service because you asked for mobile service and you're in, what they consider, to be a reasonable distance to a service center?

I just changed wiper blades on two cars that hadn't had them changed in many years. The cars are regularly parked in a garage. With one car, it was the first time in six years. The new blades did wipe better, but the old ones did not create problems seeing anything. With the other car, the blades were even older. Modern wiper blades work better, which I'd expect given that it cost me about $50 for the replacements for each car. The days of $3 refills that last six months is long gone.

If they don't wipe clean, they likely need replacement, unless there's a problem with the arm itself.

Was the higher quote for the 1 year service because you asked for mobile service and you're in, what they consider, to be a reasonable distance to a service center?
It's not for mobile service.

So, I just texted "Customer Care" to get my "annual service" scheduled as I am a month or so out. I was told via text that "you have XXXX miles on your car and we do not schedule annual service until you have 12,000 miles."
Humm... well I just texted them to schedule an appointment. Now reading here it looks like I don't need it / can't get it.

Good news is I only have ~8500 miles in 13 mo. so I may be able to make it all they way to the opening of our local service center sometime in 2024-25-26...
.. looks like all the annual service items are DIY anyway: wipers & filters; check tires and brakes; general inspection. Just swapped out the summer 21's, washed them, put them in the storage covers for next year. It's really the best way to inspect tires: found another nail (just in time). Oh it's so difficult to have pristine rims until you don't...
no - you only need lucid to do anything when switching wheel sizes (19 to 21, for example)
Can confirm. Just switched back to as delivered 19" A/S and TPMS is working fine. Forgot to mark which wheel goes on which corner but set all cold pressures to 49 psi and confirms on pilot panel. Once one goes low I figure I will know which corner it's supposed to be...if it works that way? So far knowing they are all the same is comfort enough. Also, it's nice that the TMPS matches what I get on my tire gauges.

Now I have to check that my speedometer is correct (reads low on 21"s ). Car was calibrated for 19" A/S wheels/tires.

Oh..something I need mobile service for: the aero wedges in front of the front wheels. I found one by looking in my rear-view mirror...the other was hanging by the front fasteners only. I need a few and their fasteners to carry with me...like spare key fob batteries.

If you have a steep apron to your driveway, or go over speed bumps: better check in front of the front wheels.

Last edited:
Back