Annual Service

So, I just texted "Customer Care" to get my "annual service" scheduled as I am a month or so out. I also would like for them to change out the tire I have a small bubble on (really small). I was told via text that "you have XXXX miles on your car and we do not schedule annual service until you have 12,000 miles." That is NOT what the manual says. So, are they telling me to go against what the manual says and would doing such void any warranties???

Seems to me that they just can't keep up with service requests. The tire is an entirely (excuse the pun) different issue and I really do not want to start down that path.
Hmmmmm. I just had my annual service done at 11,000 miles while the car was getting recall fixed . Maybe talk directly with your service center instead of CS?

CS finally said they were sending the request to my Service Center. The exchange was strange.

First, they told me what I stated above.
I then quoted the manual with respect to it being “12 months or 12k miles, whichever happens first”
They finally said that it would be up to the service center when they received they request even though they (Customer Care) denied it outright at first.

The whole interaction was just “wrong” and extremely worrisome. They really need some work/training in Customer Service. The CS team should never be contrary to the manual, especially in areas that might impact warranty.

So, I just texted "Customer Care" to get my "annual service" scheduled as I am a month or so out. I also would like for them to change out the tire I have a small bubble on (really small). I was told via text that "you have XXXX miles on your car and we do not schedule annual service until you have 12,000 miles." That is NOT what the manual says. So, are they telling me to go against what the manual says and would doing such void any warranties???

Seems to me that they just can't keep up with service requests. The tire is an entirely (excuse the pun) different issue and I really do not want to start down that path.
Is there any real downside to delaying? It’s not like there’s engine oil that gets dirty…

In any event it’s documented so they can’t say you didn’t service the car correctly, because you followed their directions.

I guess I would rather do what has been documented as a requirement than fighting over it later if there was ever a reason to, plus I have a few other things I need them to look at. It just makes sense for them to make one trip.

Last edited:
It's really just cabin air filters and wiper blades.

So, if you ignore “annual service” as defined in the manual, does it void your warranty? The copy of the manual that @hydbob posted on page 1 of this thread includes much more than that. Although many items are just inspections, does ignoring the annual service and thus not catching something on one of these inspections void the warranty and cause me to have to pay for something that may have been caught?

Bottom line, manual requires annual service at a specified interval and I do not trivialize that requirement. Even though the only items they might replace are filters and wiper blades, the more important items are the inspections and checks and the potential of uncovering something that might need further attention.

The reluctace to schedule service that their own documentation requires does not cut it and is not a good look.

Bottom line, manual requires annual service at a specified interval and I do not trivialize that requirement. Even though the only items they might replace are filters and wiper blades, the more important items are the inspections and checks and the potential of uncovering something that might need further attention.

The reluctace to schedule service that their own documentation requires does not cut it and is not a good look.
It also makes no sense financially. Since you have to pay for that service.
My guess is the shop is backed up and that particular employee wanted to keep their own schedule from getting overloaded. Which, fine. Just say, "Hey, can we schedule this for late June?" or something like that?

It was via text with Customer Care. I agree, no financial sense on multiple levels.

Guess i need to read the manual about the 12k service checks. Alignment is the only thing missing from the general comments. Source: a mobile technician on what's involved at my house a week ago.

$650+ if I remember the service orders correctly just for travel to get to my place... A local shop can do everything and provide paperwork if needed for the warranty would be my guess. I'll certainly not be paying that amount just for those three things: wipers, air filter, and alignment.

Guess i need to read the manual about the 12k service checks. Alignment is the only thing missing from the general comments. Source: a mobile technician on what's involved at my house a week ago.

$650+ if I remember the service orders correctly just for travel to get to my place... A local shop can do everything and provide paperwork if needed for the warranty would be my guess. I'll certainly not be paying that amount just for those three things: wipers, air filter, and alignment.
That is contrary to what I have been told regarding cost, but the Mobile guys are in Charlotte quite a bit, so travel is somewhat easy to coordinate.

I still have heard nothing back, not saying that is bad or unacceptable, just not the usual quick response I had received in the past.

That is contrary to what I have been told regarding cost, but the Mobile guys are in Charlotte quite a bit, so travel is somewhat easy to coordinate.

I still have heard nothing back, not saying that is bad or unacceptable, just not the usual quick response I had received in the past.
I was using the service order requests for things covered by warranty up to this point as reference. The travel from Atlanta to Huntsville is a bit, and the travel cost is typically in the hundreds. It may not apply to annual/12k service checks, but I am not eager to find out as I expect the customer (eg. me) to cover travel costs for a technician.

I was using the service order requests for things covered by warranty up to this point as reference. The travel from Atlanta to Huntsville is a bit, and the travel cost is typically in the hundreds. It may not apply to annual/12k service checks, but I am not eager to find out as I expect the customer (eg. me) to cover travel costs for a technician.
I normally would as well. I get charged for the visit to my lake house to service the boat, but not if they are servicing other boats in the same trip. They will split the cost by however many of us there are as we are also trying to accommodate their schedules, more than two and no charge. In Lucid's case, I have never been charged for a visit as they are usually done in conjunction with other visits in the area. I probably would not have purchased this car had they told me they were going to charge travel time for mobile service, but I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

I texted Customer Service last Friday to schedule my annual service (my car is at about 11,400 miles - have only driven it for about five of the eight months I've had the car - and CS told me the Natick Service Center would contact me Monday. I got a call Monday afternoon and got an appointment for tomorrow, but I had to postpone till next week. No discussion about timing, and they asked if I could bring the car down. What? Take the car on a 200-mile road trip on a sunny day? No problem, so I have it scheduled for next Wednesday now. They estimated 2-3 hours for the service. I didn't ask the cost.

IMG_0124.png

Here’s the invoice from my recent annual service. Canadian dollar pricing I believe since it was done up in Vancouver.

I texted Customer Service last Friday to schedule my annual service (my car is at about 11,400 miles - have only driven it for about five of the eight months I've had the car - and CS told me the Natick Service Center would contact me Monday. I got a call Monday afternoon and got an appointment for tomorrow, but I had to postpone till next week. No discussion about timing, and they asked if I could bring the car down. What? Take the car on a 200-mile road trip on a sunny day? No problem, so I have it scheduled for next Wednesday now. They estimated 2-3 hours for the service. I didn't ask the cost.
I just had the annual service at Natick and it was $350.

That amount is consistent with what I was told. I added a couple items for service to look at, door not always closing and a we hear a screeching/gurgling sound coming from around the cup holders. Still have not heard from service yet.

I brought my car in for a due bill item last week and another Lucid owner who was well under the 12,000 mile mark was asked whether he needed to bring the car in for annual service. He was told he could split the difference - not wait another year, but perhaps four or five additional months because there were some things that degrade based on time more than wear-and-tear.

Has anyone done the annual 12K service themselves? With the basic stuff that it includes, I"m wondering if I can just do the wiper blades and cabin air filter and take the car to a local shop for the tire rotation.

Depending on when you had your last service, there are several service bulletins they performed when they did my annual service. For my car, one of those included replacing a couple pieces of trim that I had no idea needed replaced.

Back