RESOLVED Android s22 Mobile Key ?

Yea, that's a workaround, but the app shouldn't need to be open for the mobile key to work right?
No, the app needs to be running in the background and active unfortunately. It's possible to uninstall the lucid app and still have the mobile key installed as a Bluetooth device, so you can call it a system limitation or a security measure...

If you go to Bluetooth settings and click on the mobile key, it will say "An app is needed to use this device." So it's a 2-requirment process of needing both mobile key + app open.

Will also add that it drains 1% of my battery per day, so it's a very negligible cost.

Last edited:
This setting seems to have solved the issue. I have walked up a few times and handles come out as I am a few feet away.

This setting seems to have solved the issue. I have walked up a few times and handles come out as I am a few feet away.
I don't see any setting on Android in the app or app info to make it run in the background. Where is that setting?

I don't see any setting on Android in the app or app info to make it run in the background. Where is that setting?
Look at post 15 & 18 - To keep it running in the background its in your Apps -> Lucid -> Battery

Look at post 15 & 18 - To keep it running in the background its in your Apps -> Lucid -> Battery
Screenshot_20230420_120657_Settings.jpg

This one? It was earlier set to Optimized.

Screenshot_20230420_120657_Settings.jpg

This one? It was earlier set to Optimized.
That did not work. The app still needs to be open to unlock when I approach.

Try watching this. Sorry for the low quality video, but the other one on YouTube is 10 minutes long. Figured this one is easier to understand.
Thanks. I use Nova Launcher to avoid the Samsung specific features and have my apps the way I want when I change phones. The above is not possible with Nova Launcher. I will just manually open the app 1 min before I want to drive for now till the bug is fixed.

Finally!
Screenshot_20230420_132119_One_UI_Home.jpg

@HariK : I use Nova as well & it works.

Open the Lucid App
Do not close the app
Select the home button
Select the recent apps (three vertical lines in the bottom)
You will see the Lucid App in the app carousel
Tap the "L" only. Do not open the app. Just tap the L portion only.
You will see the various options

Good luck

@HariK : I use Nova as well & it works.

Open the Lucid App
Do not close the app
Select the home button
Select the recent apps (three vertical lines in the bottom)
You will see the Lucid App in the app carousel
Tap the "L" only. Do not open the app. Just tap the L portion only.
You will see the various options

Good luck
Thank you sorry for the delay in reply. I was able to do that. Now I don't have to remember to open the app 2 minutes before I start driving for the mobile key to work. I use the frunk a lot and it is much easier to press and hold the fob for it than opening the app select open frunk and confirm or open the driver's side door, push the frunk open bottom left and walk to the frunk. That said it is still a bug that the app needs to be open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420_132119_One_UI_Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_132119_One_UI_Home.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 65
Reluctantly, I've been testing this and yes it won't open without the app being open. It also will give you a no mobile key detected if you kill the app inside the car.
Wait: are you folks complaining? I love that my car doesn't start flashing and flapping when I'm working in/around the garage and have my phone with me. That the car does not "wake" until I open the Lucid app is a feature. Full disclosure: I'm a fob guy.

My biggest problem with new cars is you can't turn them off. I've been driving my son's 328 and still haven't figured out the sequence for shutting off the car. There's always lights on even after pressing the stop button five times. There is some secret sequence of brake pedal and P and radio knob... and pressings of the START button...I don't know. There is no indication that the car is "off". I need an idiot light that says: "THE CAR IS OFF. IGNORE THE RADIO AND HEADLIGHTS BEING ON, AND THE HUGE BMW LOGO THAT JUST APPEARED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU WILL STAY ON LIKE A REFRIGERATOR LIGHT.

Erwin Schrödinger designed the system:
"In the experiment, a hypothetical Lucid may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while it is unobserved in a closed garage, as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur."

Lucid: Yes you can't turn it off, and it won't tell you it's safe to leave, but it goes quiet in a reasonable time (but wakes up unexpectedly if you don't run away after exiting). If you go back to the garage to check the cat dies and you get blasted with gamma rays.

My mobile works intermittently, and I can't figure out a pattern as to when it does or does not work. I have it set to "Keep Open" and the Battery to "Unrestricted". Anything else I need to do? As it is, I need to open up my app every time in order to unlock the car.

Screenshot_20230516_224931_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230517_203816_Settings.jpg

Reluctantly, I've been testing this and yes it won't open without the app being open. It also will give you a no mobile key detected if you kill the app inside the car.
This is a feature, not a bug.
If you don't close the app...

(not sign out of the app: just close it by pressing the "clear all" tab hidden behind the app on your phone)

... it will "wake" the car every time your phone is in range.
...the phone app has a "huge" range...mine will wake the car from any room in the house...this will cause "vampire drain",
so turn the app off when you don't need it. When you want to use your phone as the mobile key all you do is press the icon and the car will wake in a few seconds.

This is a feature ! Now you can have your phone with you to listen to music/ podcasts while you do stuff near the car without having the car turning on and off all day long.

Also, you don't need to buy a Faraday pouch for your key fob = just fold it in a piece of aluminum foil.

I have found, as much as I like the fob, that the mobile key (I have Pixel 5a) is faster and works flawlessly. I am now one of Bobby's converts. Nice to have one fewer things in my pockets. Before I discovered this I had to sign out of the app to prevent the car from waking, which is a pain. A teenager explained to my how apps work...all the different kinds of swipes and locations of hidden buttons.

My mobile works intermittently, and I can't figure out a pattern as to when it does or does not work. I have it set to "Keep Open" and the Battery to "Unrestricted". Anything else I need to do? As it is, I need to open up my app every time in order to unlock the car.
I have the same outcome after verifying all recommended settings have been applied

Weird, I've been a FOB fan from the beginning, but I've been using Mobile Key exclusively for the past month and only 1 time did it not lock when I walked away, every other time it's worked as expected.

Back