And People Are Writing About Problems Wthe Lucid. Just look At This!

DJL

Verified Owner
While having other car manufactures having reliability problems is not much of a soothing medicine for those who have had some problems with their Lucid, I just read this about Telsa. Sigh, all of the manufactures seem to be having their fair share of issues as we rush into the ICE to EV transition. To read the article from HotCars, just click HERE

Don't care about Tesla, only Lucid.

Don't care about Tesla, only Lucid.
I agree. The point I was tryng to make was that every EV manufacturer is having similar problems as Lucid simply because we are still in the early phase of mass production of EVs and I believe there will be a long period where such issues will be ocurring. I keep reading posts on this forum about people leaving Lucid to chase after another EV because of reading about the problems Lucid owners are having. While the grass always looks greener on the other side, each car company is having similar problems. If you want an EV, just understand this and buy the one which meets your needs and/or desires and enjoy it with your eyes wide open.

While having other car manufactures having reliability problems is not much of a soothing medicine for those who have had some problems with their Lucid, I just read this about Telsa. Sigh, all of the manufactures seem to be having their fair share of issues as we rush into the ICE to EV transition. To read the article from HotCars, just click HERE
This strikes me as a bit of a hit piece or at least heavily biased. They’ve cherry picked issues teslas have had over the last 12 years to paint a less than stellar picture.

It’s disingenuous given they started out discussing the 2023 Model S.

My take is we shouldn’t be giving HotCars clicks for this type of article.

This strikes me as a bit of a hit piece or at least heavily biased. They’ve cherry picked issues teslas have had over the last 12 years to paint a less than stellar picture.

I appreciate you insight and input.

Teslas have their issues sure but they have produced upwards of 3 million cars so far. Statistically speaking, they are plenty reliable.

Tesla has ranked near the bottom for reliability and near the top for customer satisfaction for years.

Some call it the Cult of Elon

The good news is that I saw my first commercial for a Lucid on national TV. CNBC(the stock market channel).

I agree. The point I was tryng to make was that every EV manufacturer is having similar problems as Lucid simply because we are still in the early phase of mass production of EVs and I believe there will be a long period where such issues will be ocurring. I keep reading posts on this forum about people leaving Lucid to chase after another EV because of reading about the problems Lucid owners are having. While the grass always looks greener on the other side, each car company is having similar problems. If you want an EV, just understand this and buy the one which meets your needs and/or desires and enjoy it with your eyes wide open.
My wife has an AMG EQS and so far, she has had no issues and the software works well.

We owned, 7 Teslas and have gone from a early "nightmare ownership" to zero issues. One thing Tesla does that no other EV can do is the speed at which they can troubleshoot and carry out the repairs. Tesla replaced the rear drive unit of our 2016 MX in less than 4 hours. Tesla picked up the car in the morning and brought it back to the house at 3PM the same day.

My wife has an AMG EQS and so far, she has had no issues and the software works well.

So far, albeit in only two weeks, my Genesis GV60 performance has been solid. Boots up instantly. Doesn't handle like the Lucid (what SUV or semiSUV does?) but is so much easier for my 77 year old body to get in and out.

I was, and I am, confident that Lucid will get its software right. My problem was the unwillingness (or inability) to at least post specs on the base model so I would know if I should be willing to wait for it. I thought that was what would happen November 15 but it didn't. If they did, and it had met my wants/needs, I would have willingly waited.

But the GV60 Performance is a great alternative (if you are willing to have a smaller vehicle; I actual prefer a smaller vehicle).

HotCars? I'm sorry they've a poor reputation from what I know.

Funny thing, I showed AMG ESQ to my wife, as a test, asking, honey, what do you think?
Her answer, are you joking? Why would you punish me like that?

My 16 year old DB9 has never had a software update and never needed service. It boots up instantly because there’s nothing to boot up. Gets a scorched earth 13mpg if I feather it, which I don’t. The HA doesn’t work at all because, well, there is no HA. No 3D camera, no backup camera, no SiriusXM, no Bluetooth, no frunk because there’s 12 big cylinders in the way. The trunk gladly holds one set of golf clubs assuming the woods are in the passenger seat. The backseat is only used by those with no legs. Despite these shortcomings, I love the car.

My 16 year old DB9 ... I love the car.

( I read "DB9" with an English accent ... hear it in my head when I see the Marque. ... the music of a V12 and the Jezzer saying "DB9". )

Back