• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

An idea for cooling the garage while charging

Was just thinking of asking you for feedback.
We’re definitely heavy users. 50 gallons wouldn’t cut it. Will have to ask Fidel why they’re not doing that size.
Also wondering about other brands, too.
Overall, you’re happy with their service?

Yes...so far. And I have been able to use it solely in heat pump mode since installation. That will bring my costs way down and increase the cooling effect. My only hot water problem right now, and I have had this one for a long time, is that the sinks are mostly far away from the water heater and it takes a ridiculously long time for the water to go from cold to hot at the tap. I know I can install a recirculating pump at the farthest sink but there are several far away so i don't know if it will help. I just hate wasting water.

I have installed Rheem heat pump water heater at our home (4 people) which is 60 gallons capacity. The unit sufficiently cools the garage and my garage temp stayed between high 70s and low 80s during the recent heat wave in CA with my AGT in charge. I also have tesla batteries in the garage that feed from solar panels. I have a recirculation pump that runs every 30 mins.

Yes...so far. And I have been able to use it solely in heat pump mode since installation. That will bring my costs way down and increase the cooling effect. My only hot water problem right now, and I have had this one for a long time, is that the sinks are mostly far away from the water heater and it takes a ridiculously long time for the water to go from cold to hot at the tap. I know I can install a recirculating pump at the farthest sink but there are several far away so i don't know if it will help. I just hate wasting water.
I actually just got the gas tankless water heater and a mini-split AC installed yesterday.
According to the company, they've installed 60 of these min-splits in Phoenix, and that's the best solution for garage cooling.
Fidel was here, but I didn't know after the fact Sam, his 4-month-old apprentice did most of the work.

I actually just got the gas tankless water heater and a mini-split AC installed yesterday.
According to the company, they've installed 60 of these min-splits in Phoenix, and that's the best solution for garage cooling.
Fidel was here, but I didn't know after the fact Sam, his 4-month-old apprentice did most of the work.
That would be vastly illegal child labor! I assume you mean that Sam has been his apprentice for four months.

Fidel was training a colleague when he did my install.

That would be vastly illegal child labor! I assume you mean that Sam has been his apprentice for four months.

Fidel was training a colleague when he did my install.
Yes, your inference is correct. Sam was a grown-up.
I actually had 2 crews for the good part of the day, plus one guy who came to deliver a tool they didn't have.

well...with so many variables I was unable to tell if the heat pump hot water heater sitting in my garage was cooling the garage. But it has been pretty cold (by our standards) lately and I can tell that the garage is feeling cold so I think it is noticeable.

I have installed Rheem heat pump water heater at our home (4 people) which is 60 gallons capacity. The unit sufficiently cools the garage and my garage temp stayed between high 70s and low 80s during the recent heat wave in CA with my AGT in charge. I also have tesla batteries in the garage that feed from solar panels. I have a recirculation pump that runs every 30 mins.
What brand of timer are you using that turns your recirc pump on every 30 minutes?

the energy cost for heating water being circulated needlessly is more expensive than the inconvenience of cold water for a few minutes. I have had these systems (I use Paloma's) for decades.

the energy cost for heating water being circulated needlessly is more expensive than the inconvenience of cold water for a few minutes. I have had these systems (I use Paloma's) for decades.
I agree. But it depends on the region/location and the water/electricity sources you use. For me, my water company charges exorbitant amount for water usage. I pay ~$180 per month normally. If i exceed my monthly quota i pay penalty. But for electricity, i use solar and battery. Effectively i don't pay anything to PGE (except the mandatory fee) for electric usage. So the circulation pump works better for my situation. I think individual situation varies.

In today's world it is a trade off decision between energy and water conservation!

Back