Among First 12 Dream Edition Owners

Were you told that color would make any difference on delivery times?
That red would take longer than the other colors was the impression I took away from conversations I had in Arizona --- but I don't recall the specifics of how big of a difference it would make or who I heard it from. I could be wrong or things could have changed since then.

It's become clear to me that the impression you developed was accurate. My beef with Lucid is not that the red will take longer; I understand color batching and that it's usual in car manufacturing. It was with that knowledge that I specifically asked whether choosing red would change my place in queue. My beef is that I was twice told that it would not, leading me to think that Lucid had already run Zenith Red in the paint shop in preparation for start of assembly -- especially as I had heard a couple of months earlier from a reliable source that red would be added to the Dream color choices.

I'm so sorry @hmp10. I ordered my AGT in Zenith Red and I get the feeling its the most popular color in AGT so maybe they want to run all those together? Last of the DE and first run of AGT in Zenith Red.

It is my hunch and hunch only that gold cars have all been produced and that they are just going over them with a fine toothed comb to fix any issues and do a thorough QC per their philosophy of delivering high quality (which is of course the right thing). I disagree with the extreme quiet and lack of communication though, seems like it could be much better handled. Also dislike the lack of information their own sales people have or intentional facade thereof.
My DE is also gold, P, 21" wheels and my order was placed in September 2020 and confirmed September 25, 2021. So based on @hmp10's update about his FA, i would hope to hear something soon but still expect it to be after Thanksgiving. I am located in Orlando.

I'm so sorry @hmp10. I ordered my AGT in Zenith Red and I get the feeling its the most popular color in AGT so maybe they want to run all those together? Last of the DE and first run of AGT in Zenith Red.

I suspect that's what is going on.

Since my AGT will be either in Gray or Silver, and Zenith Red is the most popular, then I expect my car to probably be delivered probably last out of the color choices. It would be nice to know how color choices will affect delivery. I had previously e-mailed my SA requesting an approximate delivery date, so I can time selling my present car before my AGT arrives, but I have not had any reply to date. All this secrecy is not helping the mindset of those who have supported Lucid the most. I think we deposit holders deserve better.

I haven't heard from my sales person, but right now I don't think I have any reason to be contacted. This time next month is a different story. I may have an issue if for some reason they are able to compete all the AGT by April or early May. Not sure if they will store car for me till June.

Since my AGT will be either in Gray or Silver, and Zenith Red is the most popular, then I expect my car to probably be delivered probably last out of the color choices. It would be nice to know how color choices will affect delivery. I had previously e-mailed my SA requesting an approximate delivery date, so I can time selling my present car before my AGT arrives, but I have not had any reply to date. All this secrecy is not helping the mindset of those who have supported Lucid the most. I think we deposit holders deserve better.

It's a small sample, but over a third of the 60+ non-Dream reservations reported on another forum opted for Quantum Gray, suggesting it will be one of the most popular colors, if not the most popular.

If you order a Tesla, you can find out exactly what impact color choice will have on your delivery time simply by changing colors in the order configurator. In fact, our desire to trade in our old Tesla before its extended warranty ran out was the reason we opted for white on the Plaid, as it had the earliest delivery date by three months. A friend took delivery two weeks ago on a red Mustang Mach-E, a delivery date he knew could have been earlier had he selected another color, because Ford told him that. Another friend selected a Moonstone Gray VW ID.4 because he did not want to wait the extra couple of months that VW told him it would take to get the blue he preferred, as he was trying to time the delivery to the expiration of the lease on his prior car.

My original choice for the Air Dream was Infinite Black (as my favorite Quantum Gray was not available). I only changed my mind after the Zenith Red became available because my partner and two friends who visited a Design Studio with us lobbied hard for the red. If the color choice makes a difference on whether or not I get the car before the tax credit for cars over $80,000 expires -- and if Lucid gave me false information about color not affecting production schedules -- I will be one p****ed off customer.

Lucid is still telling me that all the Dreams will be delivered before year end, i. e., in this tax year. If so, that will be fine. But they're also still refusing to tell me whether color choice affects production date when it's become pretty obvious that it does, so I am now taking anything they tell me with a grain of salt.

This is current language regarding EV tax credit.
The new language allows for vans, trucks and SUVs with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of up to $80,000 to qualify for the $12,500 credit. Previously, the initial framework set a limit of $64,000 for vans, $69,000 for SUVs and $74,000 for pickup trucks.

The Democrats also reduced income eligibility to claim the full credit. Single filers with adjusted gross annual incomes of $250,000 or more, or joint filers with AGIs of $500,000, will not be eligible for the full credit. The dollar figures are down sharply from $400,000 for single filers and $800,000 for joint filers

If the color choice makes a difference on whether or not I get the car before the tax credit for cars over $80,000 expires -- and if Lucid gave me false information about color not affecting production schedules -- I will be one p****ed off customer.
From what I’ve read, the tax credit cutoff for cars will be much lower than $80,000. I believe it was closer to $55,000. Another brilliant move by Congress.

But they're also still refusing to tell me whether color choice affects production date
I am asking for you along with the wheels question -- hoping to have an answer soon.

Were you told that color would make any difference on delivery times? I've twice been told by my Delivery Advisor that it doesn't (although I have since come to doubt that).
What I have been told is "Zenith Red will be delivered in Dream Edition later on this year"

What I have been told is "Zenith Red will be delivered in Dream Edition later on this year"

I was told yesterday my car was in production. I asked if that meant it was now in the production queue or whether it was actually on the production line. My Delivery Advisor said it was actually in production, but in the "early stages". I couldn't get any detail on what that means. Does that mean the body is still in the paint shop or somewhere on the assembly line? I was told that the VIN was not yet available.

Last edited:
I was told yesterday my car was in production. I asked if that meant it was now in the production queue or whether it was actually on the production line. My Delivery Advisor said it was actually in production, but in the "early stages". I couldn't get any detail on what that means. Does that mean the body is still in the paint shopI or somewhere on the assembly line? I was told that the VIN was not yet available.
That is great news!

Congrats hmp10, it's been a long journey for you and the light is clearly at the end of the tunnel. I would never have had your patience.

I was told yesterday my car was in production. I asked if that meant it was now in the production queue or whether it was actually on the production line. My Delivery Advisor said it was actually in production, but in the "early stages". I couldn't get any detail on what that means. Does that mean the body is still in the paint shop or somewhere on the assembly line? I was told that the VIN was not yet available.
I meant to ask you, what type of additional deposit did they ask of you? I assume that they wouldn't put the car in production based simply on the reservation deposit.

My deposit was $25,500 for the Dream Edition. When Lucid later lowered the Dream deposit to $7,500 and offered to return the difference without losing place in queue I chose to leave my full deposit with them.

They sent me a preliminary invoice at the time I confirmed my order, and it didn't require any further payment until the car was ready for delivery.

Congrats hmp10, it's been a long journey for you and the light is clearly at the end of the tunnel. I would never have had your patience.

Yes, I feel sorry for me, too. But then I keep thinking about Ashoka8350 who waited 17 months longer than me. He's my hero.

I meant to ask you, what type of additional deposit did they ask of you? I assume that they wouldn't put the car in production based simply on the reservation deposit.
When you are notified that you can place your order, no additional payment beyond the $7500 deposit is required. However, this is when you lock in the selections. The remainder of the payment is required when arranging delivery. Of note, since they are doing this for the first time with many different states, check carefully that they got the taxes (or no taxes) and other state fees right. In my case, in NJ there is no sales tax on EV (saves over $11K on Dream) and they got this correct, but they included a NJ luxury vehicle tax in the invoice. I noticed and sent documentation that this tax also did not apply to zero emission vehicles so they corrected the invoice.

Back