Amazon Alexa skills with Lucid motors

I can’t find Lucid Motors in the Skills tab in my Alexa app. Am I missing something or perhaps it’s not available in Canada? Alexa is connected to my car (I can ask generic questions like “what is the weather today”) but it won’t respond to any of the skills it is supposed to such as “Alexa, lock my doors.”
it's dumb alexa. For some reason, the in-car alexa systems don't work the same way an echo device does. It does not work with the majority of smart home commands.

I can’t find Lucid Motors in the Skills tab in my Alexa app. Am I missing something or perhaps it’s not available in Canada? Alexa is connected to my car (I can ask generic questions like “what is the weather today”) but it won’t respond to any of the skills it is supposed to such as “Alexa, lock my doors.”
The problem is that you need to be very specific with the commands or its effectively useless. If you go to the Alexa integration area in the settings of your Lucid I believe it has the list of commands you can use but from past experience you need to say them verbatim for Alexa to understand. It's too dumb to figure out when you deviate away.

The only command I use in my car with Alexa is "Alexa, open the garage door" everything else is just quicker for me to do manually vs trying to remember the exact words.

I have very few problems with Alexa in the car seems to work for most things although oddly enough it doesn't recognize SirusXM as an authorized device (weird). The Alexa Lucid Skill however (where you tell your home Echo's to "Lock the car doors" or some such) simply doesn't work for me. When I try it, I get all sorts of less-than-helpful information about Lucid Motors. I tried various combinations/re-linking the skill/etc for about 30 min then I felt I had better things to do. If anyone has the skill working where it interacts with your car and wants to tell me where I messed up, it would be most appreciated!

Back