Amazon Alexa skills with Lucid motors

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Heh guys, I know Google was just removed as an app for Lucid Motors but the Alexa integration is still there.

I tried messing with the skills and Amazon/Alexa has no idea wtf Lucid is and continuously says "sorry can't help you" or whatever the generic response is. It's as if it doesn't know what the skill is.
Has anyone been successful?
Screenshot_20230708-190516.png

Mine works as described with the same example phrases minus the ~30 sec wake up time if the car has been sleeping. Works from both my Echo Show in the kitchen and on my Pixel 7. The car has to be awake and online for Alexa to communicate with it.

Car has to be awake and it can only do those 6 things listed and you have to use their very specific wording when you’re using Alexa-enabled devices.

While in the car, it can do more things like change treble/bass levels, find destinations and start/cancel navigation, will answer any questions you’d ask Alexa in an echo device and play music. I’ve tried “turn on the AC” and that didn’t work, I think at one point something like “increase fan speed” worked but would be nice to have an official list of commands available for in-car controls.

Remote "Alexa, lock my car." works but "Alexa, unlock my car." doesn't. This will be an interesting thread to see what Alexa skills people tried and worked. I couldn't find anything on the web that lists all the remote skills you can do.

Remote "Alexa, lock my car." works but "Alexa, unlock my car." doesn't. This will be an interesting thread to see what Alexa skills people tried and worked. I couldn't find anything on the web that lists all the remote skills you can do.
I tried and then gave up.

I've given up on using Alexa. I can't get the navigation to work at all. Very poor implementation.

I have found navigation mostly useless. I use Waze so no big deal. It’s good for playing music. On my last road trip, my wife and I literally killed and hour requesting bar songs so we could sing along. That was probably the best part of the drive courtesy of Alexa. But I don’t rely on it for anything important.

My Alexa isn't working now. When I press the microphone button on the steering wheel, I just get a red line at the bottom of the upper infotainment screen. Has anyone seen this? How do I get it fixed?

I haven't seen that. But pressing the microphone button is hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes nothing happens at all. What is always reliable for me is to say "Alexa" and give it a command. That being said, 98% of my usage is to tell her to call or text someone. I haven't tried to use it for navigation or to operate car functions.

My Alexa isn't working now. When I press the microphone button on the steering wheel, I just get a red line at the bottom of the upper infotainment screen. Has anyone seen this? How do I get it fixed?
I found out what it is. I had the "Alexa hands-free" option turned off. When I was on a previous version of the software (I'm on 2.1.2), though, I had this option turned off so I could access Alexa by pressing the Microphone button because I didn't want her to turn on by saying her name.

Do you know if this is still possible, where I'm able to use only the microphone button (and not "Alexa") to activate Alexa?

I found out what it is. I had the "Alexa hands-free" option turned off. When I was on a previous version of the software (I'm on 2.1.2), though, I had this option turned off so I could access Alexa by pressing the Microphone button because I didn't want her to turn on by saying her name.
I didn't even realize there was a Hands-Free setting. I was wondering why my button wasn't working. So after reading this, I turned it off. But for some reason, that also turned off the Bluetooth connection to my phone, which I couldn't get connected again until I turned the hands-free setting back on. So I'll just say Alexa if I need something. It's not a big deal., definitely not worth the amount of time it would take to get it straightened out.

This is happening to me too, probably a bug that was introduced?

Wait, there was once an option to use Google's hands free voice commend system?! As much as I enjoy my cathartic screaming matches with Alexa, I would very much like to revert to that time since I've never once had an issue with Google. Hopefully the imminent and anticipated Android Auto integration allows me to go back to that panacea since I don't like the person I am when I'm with Alexa.

Wait, there was once an option to use Google's hands free voice commend system?! As much as I enjoy my cathartic screaming matches with Alexa, I would very much like to revert to that time since I've never once had an issue with Google. Hopefully the imminent and anticipated Android Auto integration allows me to go back to that panacea since I don't like the person I am when I'm with Alexa.
No, it's been Alexa from the beginning

Alexa hands free is usually nice to me when I talk to her. The only thing it can't do that Google could is figure out sentences. If I tell her to send a message with more than one sentence, it comes out as one long series of words.

Alexa hands free is usually nice to me when I talk to her. The only thing it can't do that Google could is figure out sentences. If I tell her to send a message with more than one sentence, it comes out as one long series of words.
I hate alexa because it has little to no integration with other products. At least with google, it works with other google products.

(and the fact that when i was younger, i told it to turn off the profanity filter to spell a song and it said something along the lines of "absolutely not, aren't you 8 years old or something?

the thing is, i WAS 8 years old, so that just completely creeped me out, there is truth to alexa listening in on conversations..)

Back