ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

Was finally able to confirm my AT order yesterday and am waiting to hear from a DA... Regarding delivery, I'm assuming my EV would go to Houston for PDI. Does anyone have experience with Lucid doing home delivery? Is it still being offered? I would like to schedule PPF sooner than later.

I'm currently based out of McKinney but will be commuting between east TX and Plano on a periodic basis in the future. With Houston currently the closest Service Center and the Plano Studio still not open, it seems the Mobile Service will be my initial go-to for physical repairs. How have the Mobile Service techs been in the Dallas area? I realize if needed Customer Service would assign my issue to a MS tech, but I'm curious if there are any techs out of NE Texas or is Dallas the closest? TIA.
There are currently 3 mobile techs in the DFW area, none in east texas, so far the experience has been good; I had the dreaded 12V failure while parked in my garage at night and they were out first thing the next morning.

Lucid is coming to Austin Next weekend!

When I went to Houston Service Center on July 5th, they only had 6 cars in show room. In April when I picked up, there were 12. Today, I see 50~60 AGT there and first time faced Cosmos Silver and 20” close up. They are running out of parking space. The next door Tesla Delivery Center has about 35. This is complete reverse situation 6 months ago. At this rate, Lucid may open more Service Centers in Texas as Tesla did.
8349749F-3762-41F6-A743-9A305B1C1212.jpeg77300BDC-CC78-4B99-A89A-B5E99F4B0A08.jpegC5CE754D-D1BD-4B15-A6A8-9231065D9EB8.jpegCF8E30B9-3D5B-483F-81AA-DB586D518D58.jpegD8DE9E78-BFF0-4E17-B005-5F5274A28A47.jpeg9F630908-D9B2-4C55-B510-E737F2B721B9.jpeg

For anyone considering doing any "wrap" work (i.e. PPF, ceramic coating or window tinting) in Austin, I just got my AGT back from Xpel Austin and I'm really happy with the work they did. So shiny! They also have a lot of beautiful cars that they were working on so they seem quite popular. Obviously can't comment on the longevity of the work, but their warranty and annual ceramic checkins are good. All in with tax I paid $4210 for full front PPF coating and full ceramic coating with level 1 paint correction. It was not the cheapest when I called around Austin, but they appeared to be the most professional and less "one dude working out of a garage" than some of the other places I called. The biggest difference with some other places appeared to be in the ceramic coating, but then I learned other places were not including the paint correction in their quotes.

I really would have liked to get their "stealth" film on the whole car (it's a matte film that looks awesome IMO on the cars in their garage that had it), but alas I lost that battle with my partner.

It is a great experience in the car show and meeting personally and knowing for each other and enjoyed the experience.
Yes, I love driving this car more than all other cars I ever owned. After you 2 left, I came back from breakfast, my Air was lonely in parking lot. I was surrounded by people asking me about EV in general, but came to the show late. I felt like Lucid ambassador. 😆

Last edited:
I took opportunity to meet my friend nearby and had breakfast home made anyway lets plan to meet soon for coffee.

My friend who lives across street from LaCenterra with F150 Lightning came here. He wanted to see more EVs only saw us 3 Air there. Such disappointment I didn’t get to see Hummer or Rivian EVs.

Anyway, I think I’m going to Austin Electrify Expo next Saturday.

Any Austin Lucid owner going?

Looks awesome! Noticed two of the three cars are not sporting a front license plate. Curious what our TX owners and future owners are thinking on the front plate topic... I'm leaning toward not having the front plate permanently installed but rather pop it onto the dash in the cabin should I get pulled over.
That’s what I do. If I get reprimanded, I’ll install.

Same here. I never installed it on my previous car and drove that way for 4 years. Did NOT have the front plate holder installed on my AGT.

I'm planning on getting a front license plate decal, e.g. https://customlicenseplates.us/. Legality seems to be a gray area, but given how many cars I see with no front plate at all I'd be shocked if someone were pulled over for this.

Lucid is coming to Austin Next weekend!

Tomorrow to Sunday is Electrify Expo at racing track in Austin. I will be going to check out Lucid team on Saturday. If anyone else is going, post here or DM me.

Have an electrifying weekend!

I went out today to the Electrify Expo but it’s pretty much rained out and bad weather.

I will be out here tomorrow with the sunny weather. Probably after lunch time.

Attachments

• 8C68913C-954D-465D-9CDC-29C41DCB9286.jpeg
    8C68913C-954D-465D-9CDC-29C41DCB9286.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 50
  • 6E03D665-E331-454B-B061-18A93E8B1481.jpeg
    6E03D665-E331-454B-B061-18A93E8B1481.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Tomorrow to Sunday is Electrify Expo at racing track in Austin. I will be going to check out Lucid team on Saturday. If anyone else is going, post here or DM me.

Have an electrifying weekend!
Thinking about heading over tomorrow as well, but have soccer games in the morning. If not tomorrow, then Sunday...

I went out today to the Electrify Expo but it’s pretty much rained out and bad weather.

I will be out here tomorrow with the sunny weather. Probably after lunch time.
Never been to this event. Will there be test drive? Not as I needed, I will be coming with Air.

Never been to this event. Will there be test drive? Not as I needed, I will be coming with Air.
The one I attended in Riverside, I volunteered to give test rides =) Sprint mode all day

Back