ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

Reserved Lucid Air Pure since July 2021...Sugar Land/Houston area resident...first EV ever...super stoked..

Will do. They're bringing over from Houston to ATX today straight to the detailer. So will also have a professional set of eyes on panel gaps, trim, etc.
Curious, if they are doing the PDI at the Houston SC, how do they ship your EV to detailer? Is it in a protected closed in car carrier?

Curious, if they are doing the PDI at the Houston SC, how do they ship your EV to detailer? Is it in a protected closed in car carrier?
Something like this.

12EDA9CF-FAE4-43A7-9831-3F68A2753BD8.jpeg

It was delivered in a closed carrier. Mine was one of two they delivered in Austin that day...

Hi everyone! Anxious future owner here from Rosenberg Texas. Finalized my Air Touring order yesterday and super excited! I went with the QC, glass canopy, 19"inch wheel + Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro.

Finally! My first test drive! All I can say is WOW! Drove an Infinite Black GT running 2.0.24 and saw no issues. Gives me confidence in the AT that will hopefully be delivered to me before the end of the year.

My wife and I did the test drive out of the new Legacy West Studio in Plano, TX. I counted 5 GTs being used for test drives and they had as many in the nearby parking garage charging... Interesting that during the hour we were there, there were probably a constant 10-15 visitors and as many Lucid personnel in the Studio. Down the street in the Tesla Studio... crickets. I guess there is something to be said about being the new kids on the block.

AT Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz, 21", DDP - should have it in December. Yantis, TX

Has anyone in this group added a TxTag sticker for tolls? I read in some other threads (https://lucidowners.com/threads/ezpass-with-lucid-air.313/post-4362) and forums that EZPass users had to install their transponder on the lower right corner of the windshield where Lucid deliberately left off some metallic coating on the windshield.

The TxTag is just a little sticker with an embedded microchip, so I'm not sure if it uses the same technology as EZPass, but I just wanted to check first if anyone had any issues with a TxTag, and if not, where did you install it (e.g. just beneath the rearview mirror?)/

Has anyone in this group added a TxTag sticker for tolls? I read in some other threads (https://lucidowners.com/threads/ezpass-with-lucid-air.313/post-4362) and forums that EZPass users had to install their transponder on the lower right corner of the windshield where Lucid deliberately left off some metallic coating on the windshield.

The TxTag is just a little sticker with an embedded microchip, so I'm not sure if it uses the same technology as EZPass, but I just wanted to check first if anyone had any issues with a TxTag, and if not, where did you install it (e.g. just beneath the rearview mirror?)/
Lucid has changed the windshield design and you can now put it anywhere.

Yes I installed a TxTag right under the rear view mirror and haven’t had issues.

I didn’t use microchip sticker. I requested a special bar and use double side tape place it behind my cockpit. I dislike sticker on my windshield. I had other cars using stickers, but Lucid Air windshield is different, I wanted maximum visibility.

I didn’t use microchip sticker. I requested a special bar and use double side tape place it behind my cockpit. I dislike sticker on my windshield. I had other cars using stickers, but Lucid Air windshield is different, I wanted maximum visibility.
How do you get a special bar?

Any DFW area people that can recommend an electrician ?

How do you get a special bar?
My wife went to EZTag shop requested for me.

It’s RFID transponder that get screwed to the front license plate and look like this. I have it double taped behind my pilot panel. So it is not viable to me from driver side.

E91787C1-4DC3-42B8-B77C-75E387A7BE9D.jpeg

Curious if anyone has insight as to whether any ATs are showing up yet at the Houston SC... Seeing some comments on this Forum that some customers are getting an option to pick up their vehicle at the AZ factory. I'm sure there is a huge push (working 3 shifts 6 days a week in the factory) to get as many vehicles delivered this year, but realistically it seems there could be a delivery carrier shortage especially during the holidays...

My DE in in the Houston service center for a couple of issues. While there, Josh and his team found two other issues and fixed them!

I know that some people are reporting bad service in a couple of areas, but I have to say that I have only had great service here in Houston.

Keep up the great work guys!!

Back