ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

Yup, got that. Asking for Reservation Date.

Thanks.
Apologies, my reservation date was actually May 31, 2022 (and not June 2021 - that was for something else) for the Air Pure but upgraded to the Air Touring and now looking to upgrade to the GT. Waiting for confirmation on that.

Maybe one of these days I will make my way to the Plano Studio but really have no need for it unless they allow us to charge our car there for free.
Saw a Gold GT or DE in Plano last weekend. My second one in the area.

Apologies, my reservation date was actually May 31, 2022 (and not June 2021 - that was for something else) for the Air Pure but upgraded to the Air Touring and now looking to upgrade to the GT. Waiting for confirmation on that.
Was very similar to you as I originally had reserved a Touring back in May but upgraded right after I test drove the GT in Scottsdale. Absolutely love it. Hope you receive yours soon!

Was very similar to you as I originally had reserved a Touring back in May but upgraded right after I test drove the GT in Scottsdale. Absolutely love it. Hope you receive yours soon!
Dashboard status now shows “Change requested” I opted for the same configuration as the original AT order even though I was tempted to switch to the Cosmos silver. Only reason I didn’t switch was because the AGT silver available was 21” wheels which I am trying to avoid sue to future interstate road trip plans.

Looking for local Houston area electrician recommendations to provide quotes for nema 14/50 and EVSR charging station. Please kindly provide any recommendations if you are aware of any in Houston. Well appreciated.

Hello fellow Texans! Went with a CS AT with DDP and SSP. Because of my stubbornness with getting the metal roof, unfortunately my delivery won't be until next year.

Looking for local Houston area electrician recommendations to provide quotes for nema 14/50 and EVSR charging station. Please kindly provide any recommendations if you are aware of any in Houston. Well appreciated.
I used Essential Electric, have had two 14-50 plugs installed by them in different locations. If I had known then I would be getting an Air, would have went with a 100a breaker for the LCHCS.

DND Electric, Joe Gonzalez, (713) 545-6952

I used Essential Electric, have had two 14-50 plugs installed by them in different locations. If I had known then I would be getting an Air, would have went with a 100a breaker for the LCHCS.
Thank you for the recommendation…will contact them in the morning.

Thanks. Will contact him in the morning
He installed my NEMA 14-50 then my ChargePoint, hardwired to a 60amp breaker.

Are you by any chance considering the Lucid bi-directional charging station?
Yes, once it is really bi-directional.

For now, the ChargePoint works well with both my DE and my wife's EQS.

Yes, once it is really bi-directional.

For now, the ChargePoint works well with both my DE and my wife's EQS.
Same here.

I already have 60 amp hardwired WallBox. If bi-directional is software enabled in LCHCS and proven bug-free, I will go for it. For now it is fine where I am.

Same here.

I already have 60 amp hardwired WallBox. If bi-directional is software enabled in LCHCS and proven bug-free, I will go for it. For now it is fine where I am.
So I am guessing that you will need to increase the amp in your breaker if you decide to go for the LCHCS? I believe that requires a minimum of 80amps to work. Or did you already have that in place ready to go? Just trying to plan ahead so that I won’t have to redo anything the electrician does at this time if I am starting off with just nema 14/50 outlet or 3rd party EV station like chargepoint for now. Thanks for any recommendations you may have.

The other question that pops into my mind and still wondering are:

1) How do you handle charging two EVs in the house? Do you install a second outlet or charging station or do you just share one between the two cars?

2) Is it worth taking a GAP and/or Mechanical insurance protection coverage with the auto loan? The bank is offering that as an option. Not sure if that is just a money grab. For our ICE cars, we took gap at the time but never used until it expired…lol. Not sure if it would matter for EV cars that may be significantly more expensive to repair post OWM warranty period.

3) Is paint protection absolutely necessary especially. I would be more concerned about rock chip damage to the glass than I would be to the body. At some point, there is so much you can do to keep the body like new, it’s just a car…but glass crack or chips, is a different thing for me since it has a potential to distort line of sight when driving.

Sorry for the long post, just a million questions flying through my mind now in preparation for delivery which is close now.

So I am guessing that you will need to increase the amp in your breaker if you decide to go for the LCHCS? I believe that requires a minimum of 80amps to work. Or did you already have that in place ready to go? Just trying to plan ahead so that I won’t have to redo anything the electrician does at this time if I am starting off with just nema 14/50 outlet or 3rd party EV station like chargepoint for now. Thanks for any recommendations you may have.
The charging station doesn't need to be 80A, though it can handle up to that. I'm in the process of upgrading our electrical to allow for a dedicated 100A breaker, which you'll need to get the full 80A. Really am setting everything up to ultimately get the bidirectional capability, whenever that becomes available. Many others on this forum just have 3rd party EV stations, but you also get a charging cable with the car for use with a 14-50 outlet as well as a 5-15 outlet.
The other question that pops into my mind and still wondering are:

1) How do you handle charging two EVs in the house? Do you install a second outlet or charging station or do you just share one between the two cars?
Will defer to others, but if you have the full 80A charger setup, it should more than handle two vehicles in a single house (albeit charging one at a time) since the charging speed will be very quick. Some friends of mine with two EVs have just one charging station, while others have two. Ultimately will depend on what your electrical service can handle...
2) Is it worth taking a GAP and/or Mechanical insurance protection coverage with the auto loan? The bank is offering that as an option. Not sure if that is just a money grab. For our ICE cars, we took gap at the time but never used until it expired…lol. Not sure if it would matter for EV cars that may be significantly more expensive to repair post OWM warranty period.
Have never done GAP or mechanical insurance, so can't really speak to it. Suppose it really depends on how much you're financing and how you feel about depreciation, etc. For what it's worth, a lot of the major components (HV battery, powertrain, etc.) have a pretty long warranty.
3) Is paint protection absolutely necessary especially. I would be more concerned about rock chip damage to the glass than I would be to the body. At some point, there is so much you can do to keep the body like new, it’s just a car…but glass crack or chips, is a different thing for me since it has a potential to distort line of sight when driving.
Definitely not necessary, but certainly adds a layer of comfort. I did as I wrapped a couple parts of the car in black and do want to provide some protection to keep it looking new. There are multiple threads elsewhere where people have debated this point.
Sorry for the long post, just a million questions flying through my mind now in preparation for delivery which is close now.
All good questions that most of us have considered. Hope you get your car soon!

I happened to already have one so I moved that to a different circuit and added the LCHCS for faster charging. Do you *need* two? No, not with the super fast speed of an 80A continuous charger. But since my panel could support it I saw no reason to toss the Wallbox.
Up to you; GAP insurance is useful if you total the car. My insurance provides both GAP and agreed value coverage, but most insurances provide just depreciated value coverage, which may not equate to what you have left on your loan if you financed. In that case, if you total it and the amount they’ll pay out is less than the amount left you owe to the bank, you’re on the hook for the difference. It’s just a risk/reward calculation - how much do you think you’ll total it? :)
Never absolutely necessary, but I wanted to keep it pristine because I plan on keeping it for a long time, and for resale value. It’s the first car I’ve ever put PPF on, but it’s the first car I’ve ever bought worth over ~$30k.
Ask away, and congrats!

I happened to already have one so I moved that to a different circuit and added the LCHCS for faster charging. Do you *need* two? No, not with the super fast speed of an 80A continuous charger. But since my panel could support it I saw no reason to toss the Wallbox.

Up to you; GAP insurance is useful if you total the car. My insurance provides both GAP and agreed value coverage, but most insurances provide just depreciated value coverage, which may not equate to what you have left on your loan if you financed. In that case, if you total it and the amount they’ll pay out is less than the amount left you owe to the bank, you’re on the hook for the difference. It’s just a risk/reward calculation - how much do you think you’ll total it? :)

Never absolutely necessary, but I wanted to keep it pristine because I plan on keeping it for a long time, and for resale value. It’s the first car I’ve ever put PPF on, but it’s the first car I’ve ever bought worth over ~$30k.

Ask away, and congrats!
Thanks a million for your response. I will check to see how much more GAP adds to my loan. If not significant, may consider. Now, I need to go look for a skilled electrician.

The charging station doesn't need to be 80A, though it can handle up to that. I'm in the process of upgrading our electrical to allow for a dedicated 100A breaker, which you'll need to get the full 80A. Really am setting everything up to ultimately get the bidirectional capability, whenever that becomes available. Many others on this forum just have 3rd party EV stations, but you also get a charging cable with the car for use with a 14-50 outlet as well as a 5-15 outlet.

Will defer to others, but if you have the full 80A charger setup, it should more than handle two vehicles in a single house (albeit charging one at a time) since the charging speed will be very quick. Some friends of mine with two EVs have just one charging station, while others have two. Ultimately will depend on what your electrical service can handle...

Have never done GAP or mechanical insurance, so can't really speak to it. Suppose it really depends on how much you're financing and how you feel about depreciation, etc. For what it's worth, a lot of the major components (HV battery, powertrain, etc.) have a pretty long warranty.

Definitely not necessary, but certainly adds a layer of comfort. I did as I wrapped a couple parts of the car in black and do want to provide some protection to keep it looking new. There are multiple threads elsewhere where people have debated this point.

All good questions that most of us have considered. Hope you get your car soon!
Thank you for the insight. Well appreciated!

Back