ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

Try Gulf Coast Auto Shield. They did my DE Xpel film, ceramic coating, window tint and radar detector.
Planning to take mine there as well.

BTW / is anyone of planning to have or already have the front plate installed? I opted not too but now I am concerned about tissues if I take the vehicle on a road trip where enforcement is higher than Texas.

BTW / is anyone of planning to have or already have the front plate installed? I opted not too but now I am concerned about tissues if I take the vehicle on a road trip where enforcement is higher than Texas.
I haven’t had a front plate on my car for over 10 years but I don’t do a lot of road trips.

I got a quote from John and his pricing is significantly lower than AFS…thanks for the referral.
Yeah, I wish I have known this forum earlier before I get my AGT, else I would have gone to John with @MoniputerLM recommendation. AFS work is not bad, but John’s shop is significantly less. And it’s actually closer to you at Beltway8 and 59.

I only got ticket once in 10 years not having front plate. I’m not planning front plate this time either. But ai do have extra plate in my glove compartment in case I get stopped.

I had the Houston Service Center install mine and it looks just fine.

FYI in addition to the items LUCID includes on their check list with the docs to title the car, be sure to get your car inspected before you go to title.

FYI in addition to the items LUCID includes on their check list with the docs to title the car, be sure to get your car inspected before you go to title.
Just picked up our new AT last night from the Plano Studio! In all the excitement, I forgot to ask about TX registration. Were the Lucid folks suppose to give me some documentation for this or does it get mailed to me later?

Just picked up our new AT last night from the Plano Studio! In all the excitement, I forgot to ask about TX registration. Were the Lucid folks suppose to give me some documentation for this or does it get mailed to me later?
If you signed the power of attorney for the registration like I did, Lucid will process your paperwork from Arizona, then you will get letter from DMV to come pick up your plate few weeks later with title transfer fees and invoice paid.

They sent me the necessary paperwork via FedEx 3 or 4 days after pick up. I had to title and register the vehicle myself at the DMV. I actually did it yesterday.

They sent me the necessary paperwork via FedEx 3 or 4 days after pick up. I had to title and register the vehicle myself at the DMV. I actually did it yesterday.
Interesting because back in June mine was done by Lucid. They gave a a piece of paper that they said was the registration and then a month or so later they sent my Bank the Registration papers electronically.
They have a lawsuit against the State of Texas on how they have to jump through hoops to register their Cars in Texas.
My plates came in the mail and the Sticker was already on the Car.
I am used to seeing that Physical Registration Certificate but I figure if it has the Registration Sticker then it’s Registered 😂😂

If you signed the power of attorney for the registration like I did, Lucid will process your paperwork from Arizona, then you will get letter from DMV to come pick up your plate few weeks later with title transfer fees and invoice paid.
I did the exact same thing and am waiting to hear back on status of my plates...

That is extremely fast. Mine took 10 weeks and I had to call Houston Service Center to follow up. My guess is either their working process is improved for Texas region or Lucid is pushing end of year delivery and accounting or most likely both.

Interesting because back in June mine was done by Lucid. They gave a a piece of paper that they said was the registration and then a month or so later they sent my Bank the Registration papers electronically.
They have a lawsuit against the State of Texas on how they have to jump through hoops to register their Cars in Texas.
My plates came in the mail and the Sticker was already on the Car.
I am used to seeing that Physical Registration Certificate but I figure if it has the Registration Sticker then it’s Registered 😂😂
If I recall correctly, the car wasn’t bought in Texas, but was bought in Arizona had to title transfer.

If I recall correctly, the car wasn’t bought in Texas, but was bought in Arizona had to title transfer.
Yes this is what happened for my car. I paid cash however so perhaps that's part of the difference in processing as the bank wasn't involved? Also end of year push to keep as many people as happy as possible with the tax deduction could change things. They are delivering a lot more cars so they need office staff to support those deliveries. It's a big scale upwards from where they were.

Imo, I think Lucid as first year production EV, they exceeded Tesla’s first year 2009 at approximately 6000 units. But Lucid is now having building order reservation issue facing recession.

By the end of 2009, Tesla had sold 937 Roadsters and they didn’t really make it that great. It was mostly done by Lotus Motors. Elon is good business man leveraging others’ resources instead of building using own $. Unlike Tesla’s execution at beginning, Lucid started off burning huge of their own $$ making factory and R&D.

2012, Model S was delivered 3100 production leveraging from GM bankrupted asset Freemont Factory. Tesla was hoping GM will just roll over and play dead to close more factories and let Tesla buy them out to save more cost. Not so fast! Tesla has already best profit margin out of all car makers. But that will be eroded hard with so many EVs coming into market. Market is going to be very competitive 2023 and forward, Tesla cannot keep raising price anymore with lesser materials but piggybacking on driver-assist techs and supercharging network to demand that kind of margin forever.

When Lucid Air Pure comes to production, people will realize $87,400 of most basic Air Pure is more attractive than the most basic Model-S at $104,990 not even come with basic charging cable. Even the most basic $69,900 Model-Y Performance doesn’t look attractive price next to Air Pure. Elon has leveraged Tesla forward earning valuation stock price to start his personal Twitter endeavor. Maybe he hopes to sell Twitter to back to Tesla one day when Twitter is reorganized to have more attractive valuation. But meanwhile, Elon will be facing multiple margin calls very soon and more liquidation to keep afloat.

I personally think Tesla make good cars, but it is a bit on overpriced side compare to all the new products out there. Elon has to lower his ego to adjust Tesla products to new market condition. Personally, I like to see both Lucid and Tesla succeed long term.

Last edited:
Imo, I think Lucid as first year production EV, they exceeded Tesla’s first year 2009 at approximately 6000 units. But Lucid is now having building order reservation issue facing recession.

By the end of 2009, Tesla had sold 937 Roadsters and they didn’t really make it that great. It was mostly done by Lotus Motors. Elon is good business man leveraging others’ resources instead of building using own $. Unlike Tesla’s execution at behinning, Lucid started off burning their own huge $$ making factory and R&D.

2012, Model S was delivered 3100 production leveraging from GM bankrupted asset Freemont Factory. Tesla was hoping GM will just roll over and play dead to close more factories and let Tesla buy them out to save more cost. Not so fast! Tesla has a best profit margin out of all car makers. But that will be eroded hard with so many EVs coming into market. Market is going to be very competitive 2023 and forward, Tesla cannot keep raising price anymore with lesser materials but piggybacking on driver-assist techs and supercharging network to demand that kind of margin forever.

When Lucid Air Pure comes to production, people will realize $87,400 of most basic Air Pure is more attractive than the most basic Model-S at $104,990 not even come with basic charging cable. Even the most basic $69,900 Model-Y Performance doesn’t look attractive price next to Air Pure. Elon has leveraged Tesla forward earning valuation stock price to start his personal Twitter endeavor. Maybe he hopes to sell Twitter to back to Tesla one day when Twitter is reorganized to have more attractive valuation. But meanwhile, Elon will be facing multiple margin calls very soon and more liquidation to keep afloat.

I personally think Tesla make good cars, but it is a bit on overpriced side compare to all the new products out there. Elon has to lower his ego to adjust Tesla products to new market condition. Personally, I like to see both Lucid and Tesla succeed long term.
I think this sentiment probably should belong to another thread… anyway, reposted.

Back