ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

Just saw my first "Lucid in the wild" here in Houston. On Westheimer at Cinco Ranch, around 2:15pm. A red one!
That’s me! 😂
You saw me at light?

There was a BMW chasing me and passed me filming me. Was that you?!

That’s me! 😂
You saw me at light?

There was a BMW chasing me and passed me filming me. Was that you?!
We were at the light going West on Cinco Ranch. Saw you going North on Westheimer.

We were at the light going West on Cinco Ranch. Saw you going North on Westheimer.
Yeah, I was at LaCenterra checking out my friend’s new F150- Lightning.

I’ve been going to downtown many times lately, I still have yet seen a Lucid. When I drove AGT into city, it’s attention magnet.

I've seen a golden dream in the Lake Travis/VBee Cave area, and just saw a red Lucid in the same area too yesterday, is that any of u guys by any change?

My wife just saw her first GT in the wild last night in San Antonio before the last Elton John concert in TX. Red with 19’s, if that’s someone on here. Needless to say, she was impressed! Was glad to see since it sounds like I’ll be taking delivery in next 2 weeks!

Can anyone in the Austin/Central TX area recommend an electrician for home charger installation? The Lucid Home Charger is now for sale on the Lucid website, https://store.lucidmotors.com/lucid-connected-home-charging-station/, and Austin Energy will rebate home charger installation costs 50% up to $1200, https://austinenergy.com/ae/green-power/plug-in-austin/home-charging.

A couple months ago, before our AGT was delivered, we went through QMerit to inquire about charger installation, and (without going into all the details) the local electrician they contracted with to contact us was horrible. So we're looking for other recommendations.

Also, I know it's not available now, but really interested in bidirectional charging once it's available (know it may be a while), and also interested in eventually getting solar. Can anyone comment if it's easier/cheaper to basically get it done all at once, that is solar installation together with the circuit upgrades that would be necessary to support an 80 amp charger?

Can anyone in the Austin/Central TX area recommend an electrician for home charger installation? The Lucid Home Charger is now for sale on the Lucid website, https://store.lucidmotors.com/lucid-connected-home-charging-station/, and Austin Energy will rebate home charger installation costs 50% up to $1200, https://austinenergy.com/ae/green-power/plug-in-austin/home-charging.

A couple months ago, before our AGT was delivered, we went through QMerit to inquire about charger installation, and (without going into all the details) the local electrician they contracted with to contact us was horrible. So we're looking for other recommendations.

Also, I know it's not available now, but really interested in bidirectional charging once it's available (know it may be a while), and also interested in eventually getting solar. Can anyone comment if it's easier/cheaper to basically get it done all at once, that is solar installation together with the circuit upgrades that would be necessary to support an 80 amp charger?
Unfortunately, so many electricians are just slammed given the amount of building/renovation activity still going on. We're going with one of our builder's electrician sub but a different one than we've used in the past. So far so good on communication though.

Not sure it'll be any cheaper getting solar at the same time, but worth a shot. Solar will require a separate meter to track the production given how AE credits your bill. I'd call Native Solar or IES to check on total cost of combining. We used IES at our last house and also considered Native. At a minimum, I'd say reach out and ask the question.

Have been looking at the AE incentive as well, but one thing I'm REALLY not crazy about is the terms and conditions, which I'm curious if others have had any experience with. For reference, see below the language, including a provision that allows them to replace your station with one of their own at any time during the first 3 years as well as install monitoring equipment...

By accepting this rebate, you agree to a 3-year commitment to the following:

• that Austin Energy may, at any time during your commitment period, replace your charging station with an Austin Energy-owned charging station located in your home and on your side of the meter;
  • that Austin Energy may install and operate Austin Energy owned data monitoring or charge management devices in your home and on your side of the meter;
  • that you agree to participate in surveys and interviews about your charging habits and/ or participate in future Austin Energy charge management Programs, which could enable Austin Energy to utilize Participant’s charging station communication signals to perform charge and load control functions including cycling charging.

I have a legacy solar system I installed last year and am now trying to design a home charging solution for the eventual arrival of my AT. In retrospect, I think the key must-do is to come up with an integrated overall EV/Solar design. Probably doesn't matter if you have one supplier do it (doubt one could do it all) or at the same time. Having an integrated solution upfront that takes advantage of your solar and can eventually support V2H charging will be your most cost effective approach...

11/6/2022 morning in LaCenterra Center of Katy (west of Houston)

Please register and come to line up our Lucid Air GT for show. 👍

I've seen a golden dream in the Lake Travis/VBee Cave area, and just saw a red Lucid in the same area too yesterday, is that any of u guys by any change?
I know an owner of a Gold DE in the Westlake area but he's not on the forum.

I drive a Gray GT also in the Westlake area but haven't seen a red yet.

11/6/2022 morning in LaCenterra Center of Katy (west of Houston)

Please register and come to line up our Lucid Air GT for show. 👍
Which event do we register for?

Was (finally) able to confirm my order today for my Black AT! Woo Hoo! Maybe if I'm really nice Santa will bring me a very fast Shiny new EV!
Santa may just keep it! :cool:

Was (finally) able to confirm my order today for my Black AT! Woo Hoo! Maybe if I'm really nice Santa will bring me a very fast Shiny new EV!
Santa may need a lot of elves and raindeers. His North Pole is piling up those presents not moving. 🤣

Was finally able to confirm my AT order yesterday and am waiting to hear from a DA... Regarding delivery, I'm assuming my EV would go to Houston for PDI. Does anyone have experience with Lucid doing home delivery? Is it still being offered? I would like to schedule PPF sooner than later.

I'm currently based out of McKinney but will be commuting between east TX and Plano on a periodic basis in the future. With Houston currently the closest Service Center and the Plano Studio still not open, it seems the Mobile Service will be my initial go-to for physical repairs. How have the Mobile Service techs been in the Dallas area? I realize if needed Customer Service would assign my issue to a MS tech, but I'm curious if there are any techs out of NE Texas or is Dallas the closest? TIA.

Was finally able to confirm my AT order yesterday and am waiting to hear from a DA... Regarding delivery, I'm assuming my EV would go to Houston for PDI. Does anyone have experience with Lucid doing home delivery? Is it still being offered? I would like to schedule PPF sooner than later.

I'm currently based out of McKinney but will be commuting between east TX and Plano on a periodic basis in the future. With Houston currently the closest Service Center and the Plano Studio still not open, it seems the Mobile Service will be my initial go-to for physical repairs. How have the Mobile Service techs been in the Dallas area? I realize if needed Customer Service would assign my issue to a MS tech, but I'm curious if there are any techs out of NE Texas or is Dallas the closest? TIA.
They could delivered to me with 1 week wait as told I had to be queued for them to go to Oklahoma and Austin first. I opted to just go there to pick up myself. There is a PPF shop next door. I drove home with excitement, then I brought the car back to PPF.

As for Mobile Service. They have been very fast to me, but I’m only 30 miles away from service center. So I cannot speak for NE Texas. But as for post delivery communication and service —— excellent in Houston Service Center!

Regarding delivery, I'm assuming my EV would go to Houston for PDI. Does anyone have experience with Lucid doing home delivery? Is it still being offered?
My AGT went to HOU for PDI and I got home delivery in Austin. My experience was super positive. Basically my options were for them to bring me to HOU on 9/26 or home delivery 9/27, so I chose the latter.

Back