ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

For the number of folks that have commented on getting PPF and ceramic applied to their Lucid, could you share how much it cost? Never had that done on one of my cars before, but after doing some research it seems like it's worth it - I love the look of our Lucid and would like to keep it looking good.

Also, if anyone can recommend car detailing places in Austin please let me know. Got some good candidates just looking at Google reviews, but curious if anyone can share good experiences (and not necessarily with their Lucid).

Thanks!
This is the proposal I received from Detail Werkz http://www.detailwerkz.com/ View attachment 4834

per my convo with the owner Brian, they had already done at least one Lucid Air: View attachment 4835

I dropped it off Tuesday, it will probably be a week to do everything, I also asked to completely remove the front sun visors (they just get in the way at my height/seating position). I'll update the forum with how it turns out.
I believe some other members in this thread have used the PPF shop next to the Houston service center as well

For the number of folks that have commented on getting PPF and ceramic applied to their Lucid, could you share how much it cost? Never had that done on one of my cars before, but after doing some research it seems like it's worth it - I love the look of our Lucid and would like to keep it looking good.

Also, if anyone can recommend car detailing places in Austin please let me know. Got some good candidates just looking at Google reviews, but curious if anyone can share good experiences (and not necessarily with their Lucid).

Thanks!
I think it’s 85,00 for full body. It is well worth it. It prevent scratches, fire, acid burns. This car is fast, you will pick up flying pebbles. If you don’t do full body, at least do frontal half. I’m currently outside. I don’t have invoice on me for detail items. I also did ceramic coating, full tint around one windshield and top glass top. I did mine at AFS shop next to Houston Service Center. I’m pleased with their work.

I believe some other members in this thread have used the PPF shop next to the Houston service center as well
Woops, thanks very much for reposting your estimate, I just missed it when I skimmed the thread. Very useful info, especially how it's broken down so I can get a good sense of how much PPF for individual sections would cost.

Thanks!
I am doing full Car PPF and Ceramic also window tinting excluding roof. Gulf Coast Auto Shield Houston cost about $7500 (including tax)

Yes AFS is next to Lucid in Houston his quote was more than 10000 for doing same job with same materials.

I am doing full Car PPF and Ceramic also window tinting excluding roof. Gulf Coast Auto Shield Houston cost about $7500 (including tax)
Yes AFS is next to Lucid in Houston his quote was more than 10000 for doing same job with same materials.
How has the internal cabin temp been with the TX heat? Just starting to research and was wondering why you're not also tinting the roof...

How has the internal cabin temp been with the TX heat? Just starting to research and was wondering why you're not also tinting the roof...
I have not had a problem with the TX heat and an un-tinted roof, so far. The AC can strain to cool down if the car is left in the sun, but so do my metal roof cars.

Went back dig what I paid. This was my line items. Not cheap, good quality, The front windshield includes roof glass.

TOTAL$ 10,798.00
Film Installation:
2022 Lucid AIR

Car - Xpel Prime XR PLUS 30 (All Side & Back Glass)
2Xpel Prime XR PLUS 70 (Front Windshield)800.001800.00
3PPF - Complete Protection Wrap8,500.0018,500.00
4MMT Dual Ceramic (2 Yr)698.001698.00
Subtotal$ 10,798.00
Sales Tax-

I see roof is pretty good and it is also tinted by factory. I'd like to enjoy great view of nature therefore not decided to do over tint, You can do it later if needed cost about 300$ -600$

I'll be picking up the car from PPF today. After speaking with Brian we decided not to apply additional tint to the windshield/canopy because there might be a visible seam given its size. The plan is to see how I feel about the current canopy heat/glare rejection before deciding on that bit, though its beginning to cool off in north Texas so I may not know for a a while.

I'll be picking up the car from PPF today. After speaking with Brian we decided not to apply additional tint to the windshield/canopy because there might be a visible seam given its size. The plan is to see how I feel about the current canopy heat/glare rejection before deciding on that bit, though its beginning to cool off in north Texas so I may not know for a a while.
It can be done in 1 piece, find a place to do it.

Mine was done in one piece.

Also done in one piece here. Received car in early August when DFW was having 100 degree days. It was too hot in the car, and after the heat protection film on the canopy and windshield it was a world of difference.

I agree with your approach, don’t proceed with heat protection film until you feel the heat.

I'm curios about the glass canopy also. I have a Pure reserved but may up to a Touring which gives me access to the glass canopy. I am a bit worried about heat but also dont like the idea of a solid roof. I wish there was something in-between? Do any of you regret having the glass canopy here in Texas?

I got FEDEX from Lucid about Car Registration document and I need to sign and notarized and send back to Lucid with return FEDEX envelop. Can any one suggest when I should apply specialty plate for Texas from https://www.myplates.com/specialrebate
May be somebody shared already but did not find any thing.
Appreciate anybody can let me know the process.

I got FEDEX from Lucid about Car Registration document and I need to sign and notarized and send back to Lucid with return FEDEX envelop. Can any one suggest when I should apply specialty plate for Texas from https://www.myplates.com/specialrebate
You can buy your vanity plates anytime. They are shipped to the county tax office. You take your regular plates in, and they give you the vanity plates and a new window sticker.

I'm curios about the glass canopy also. I have a Pure reserved but may up to a Touring which gives me access to the glass canopy. I am a bit worried about heat but also dont like the idea of a solid roof. I wish there was something in-between? Do any of you regret having the glass canopy here in Texas?
After adding the heat protection to the canopy AND the windshield I have no regret about the canopy. Had the car about 8 days prior to having it added and was not happy on those sunny, 100+ degree days.

I did HuperOptik for the entire car. Agree with the above post that if you do the windshield as 2 pieces you get a line. I hid the line in the visor area, so not noticeable unless you are looking for it. I wanted as dark as possible for the roof, and legal limit for windshield (30%) is a lot less. I did that (30%) for the windshield, windows and rear window, as dark as possible for the roof. Personally, I found without the tinting of the roof it was miserable, but it is your personal desire for glare, light and heat that will decide it for you. With it the car is much more comfortable for me. It was $1500 for the entire car, using i3 (HuperOptik's top of the line brand) here in DFW.

You can get them even you don’t have a car. You can swap to any car any time by registering at county tax office. Good luck!

I don’t regret it. Aesthetically, glass roof just look so wide open space. Aside from tinting. You can also set cabin temperature cooler few minutes before you enter your car.

Back