All Screens went blank

Casadeagumar

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Today while I was driving on highway all the screens on my car start going off one by one until everything was blank. Five minutes after everything lit back up and I had to reset my Spotify, etc. Very scary when you are driving at 70 mph. Had this happens to anyone? Any suggestions?

Today while I was driving on highway all the screens on my car start going off one by one until everything was blank. Five minutes after everything lit back up and I had to reset my Spotify, etc. Very scary when you are driving at 70 mph. Had this happens to anyone? Any suggestions?
WOW!

Did they do the recall inspection for the wiring harness?

Wow - did the car continue to drive as expected? Now that I think about it, is there a hazard light button, or do you need the screen to turn that on?

Wow - did the car continue to drive as expected? Now that I think about it, is there a hazard light button, or do you need the screen to turn that on?
Yeah it’s up by the rear view mirror. I had the right screen and pilot panel reboot while driving once, but didn’t lose the speedometer. It is a valid concern even though a rare occurrence, as this car is so damn quick and also smooth it’s hard to know the difference between 50 and 90mph. If you just drive the speed of traffic obviously you’ll be fine, but if it happened on a fun back road at night I could see that being rather frightening to someone who isn’t an above average skilled driver.

I remember when I got my Tesla, the salesman explained that hazards being a physical button is a requirement. For this very reason.

On another thread someone asked to be able to reset the car while driving..this is why that shouldn’t be a thing, blank screens are concerning for most.
Hopefully in your case it was a software gremlin and won’t happen again..

I had the left and center cockpit panels go blank while I was in a parking lot. The car seemed drivable but it was easier for me to get out and reboot rather than try anything else. It has not happend again. The Scottsdale service team looked at it and concluded it was a software bug. I have not heard when we should expect a fix for it.

On another thread someone asked to be able to reset the car while driving..this is why that shouldn’t be a thing, blank screens are concerning for most.
Hopefully in your case it was a software gremlin and won’t happen again..
I was the one who requested the reset and to be clear, I was requesting a reset of the infotainment system only. If you're entire front console went blank, then yes, I would not agree a reset would be good there. I'm only talking about the functions that you don't need to drive the car.

I have had everything but the center cockpit go blank on me once - about 6 weeks ago. I had to pick up my daughter so I just went with it as the car was still drivable. Never happened again. This is something that happens quite often in my Model S so I wasn't freaked out. Good news - the car does not blow hot air at full blast on you when this happens, unlike the Model S. I just brought my car in for the left front light error and they will be checking on that and a couple other little bugs I've experienced as well.

I have had everything but the center cockpit go blank on me once - about 6 weeks ago. I had to pick up my daughter so I just went with it as the car was still drivable. Never happened again. This is something that happens quite often in my Model S so I wasn't freaked out. Good news - the car does not blow hot air at full blast on you when this happens, unlike the Model S. I just brought my car in for the left front light error and they will be checking on that and a couple other little bugs I've experienced as well.
I experienced the "black out" snafu yesterday for the first time. I had just left my home still on residential surface streets so I just pulled to the curb, put on the left blinker, exited and locked the car with the fob and waited. About 15 seconds later the blinker turned off and I reentered the car and all was well. Inconvenient but not a big deal.

Well hold on folks: yes the car is drivable, but.

Just picked my car up at detailer. Right screen and pilot panel dead. Can't adjust mirrors. Heated seats on and can't turn them off. My ass is burning. Only functions I have are lights/wipers/defrost/charge port. Everything else black. Had to drive car home. Car had ~ 50 miles, only half of them mine = car has been parked in garage since delivery awaiting detail appointment.

About blank screens. Of course I was nervous driving = I have only a few minutes driving the car and was blown away by how smooth it is...was going WAY faster than I thought.

Here is the danger: I made a left turn and almost hit someone, because the A pillar covers a HUGE area, making a HUGE blind spot.
I guess that's why Lucid put a camera there. Anyway this is a huge hazzard when your screens go out. Also, I can't adjust the rearview mirrors and without a back-up camera it was very very very scary trying to get the car out of the detailer's garage. Whole crew had to stop to help me maneuver.

Tech help said: "Have you tried turning it off and on again" Yes, as everyone here knows, we do this first, a million times, then call for help. So....was going to cars + coffee tomorrow... I may hire a tow truck and go anyway, let everyone see my brand new Lucid with 73 miles, Delivered 29 Sept. 22. Completely useless to me. Does anyone know if it might have been trying to download while at the detailer for the past two weeks and it got buggered/corrupted somehow? Yes, I have tried all the resets. Sounds like your problems were temporary. Mine looks seriously dead. Right panel and pilot panel...pilot won't retract.... most of the car is unusable now.

It looks better than my hot wheels version, so I've got that going for me...

I was calling mine the obvious Luci until I found it's name.

I"m calling it "Vista" (yes I had this OS and it really is the worst MS platform)
Call service directly and have them tow it and take a look, or address it via mobile service.

If your dealers were messing with the electronics, I’m almost certain they messed something up.

Feel very sorry for you. Bit this is just the beginning of your nightmare. Mine had been the same for five months since I took delivery. LUCID doesn’t care about there quality and service. I’m thinking of making a group here and see if maybe we can all go into a class action suit against Lucid. I’m so frustrated with all the phone calls I made and nothing happens. They love to wipe off their a..es with our complaints. It really sucks!

Attachments

• 7C453C4E-AEED-44FC-959B-1908971F2E6A.jpeg
    7C453C4E-AEED-44FC-959B-1908971F2E6A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • 326118B4-A841-4C23-821D-2ACD3F52B786.jpeg
    326118B4-A841-4C23-821D-2ACD3F52B786.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0094.MOV
    11.2 MB
Back