All CarPlay apps work EXCEPT Apple Music

ChipEdwards

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
I am not sure if it is 16.4 or what but my Apple Music is unresponsive to touch in the Lucid Air AND my Audi Q7. Haven't been driving the Q7 since I got my Air Touring :) but today CarPlay would not respond to the digital dial in the Audi. I have tried all I know to do. Has anyone had this issue?

Did you try restarting your phone? Your Apple Music App on your phone could be frozen which would be why it would not respond to CarPlay.

Please let us know if rebooting your phone solved the problem.

Did you try restarting your phone? Your Apple Music App on your phone could be frozen which would be why it would not respond to CarPlay.
I did. I have had iPhones for years. I can't figure this out. If no one has had this then it likely isn't a Lucid thing. I will keep digging on the Apple side. I will post after it is solved. Thanks!

I just rented an Audi A3 and had no problems with Apple Music both touch and steering wheel controls. Additionally my Touring doesn’t have any issues either. It must be something in the phone that is causing this issue since you are experiencing it across vehicles.

Sometimes with the iPhone, the sound gets turned down when going into car play. You have to turn the volume up on the phone in that case...

Thanks everyone. It is strange. I can operate the Music app from the phone and it will play in the car but the carplay screen in the Lucid is like frozen. I have reset, it was updated to 16.4. Siri is on. I think it is on the phone side but can't find similar experience on the web.

Thanks everyone. It is strange. I can operate the Music app from the phone and it will play in the car but the carplay screen in the Lucid is like frozen. I have reset, it was updated to 16.4. Siri is on. I think it is on the phone side but can't find similar experience on the web.
Have you tried to completely delete the music app from your phone and then download it fresh from the App store?

Have you tried to completely delete the music app from your phone and then download it fresh from the App store?
I have not. The only way I can get Apple Music in the car is to select a playlist on the handset (yes the CarPlay interface is on the Lucid screen. Dead to touch when in music mode, fine in all others) and hit play. Doesn't matter if it is wired or wireless. There is no issues with the Apple Music app on the handset.

I have not. The only way I can get Apple Music in the car is to select a playlist on the handset (yes the CarPlay interface is on the Lucid screen. Dead to touch when in music mode, fine in all others) and hit play. Doesn't matter if it is wired or wireless. There is no issues with the Apple Music app on the handset.
weird. Do you have another iPhone that you can try? A friend's? Just to see if it is the phone or the car.

I had a version of this. Basically couldn’t get audio to play via CarPlay from any app. Disconnected from CarPlay and reconnected and been fine since.

Back