Air Dream Deliveries?

I know it sucks, but didn't they already disclose to reservation holders their cars were being delayed due to a fit and finish part? The GT reservation holders are getting their deliveries pushed back, but who's to say that Lucid can't still meet the expected time frame if that part comes through in time? There are only a few people posting here who have actually been impacted by the delay, everyone else is still within "spec" for deliveries for now right?

Everyone else is within "spec" now as far as they really know. With no communication (or just telling everyone the same line), we are fine until we aren't. All the AGT people were told the same thing as far as I can tell, 2-4 months. I was told that mid-late November. I am at 2 months now with 4 months being mid-late March. Last off-hand comment I heard from my DA was hopefully by the end of the quarter and that was because I was trying to prod it out of him. I don't have much confidence in that quoted timeframe given what has been going on, so hopefully I am pleasantly surprised with a vehicle by the end of March with all of the features I was sold on and no software bugs. Anyone have a bridge to sell me???

Everyone else is within "spec" now as far as they really know. With no communication (or just telling everyone the same line), we are fine until we aren't. All the AGT people were told the same thing as far as I can tell, 2-4 months. I was told that mid-late November. I am at 2 months now with 4 months being mid-late March. Last off-hand comment I heard from my DA was hopefully by the end of the quarter and that was because I was trying to prod it out of him. I don't have much confidence in that quoted timeframe given what has been going on, so hopefully I am pleasantly surprised with a vehicle by the end of March with all of the features I was sold on and no software bugs. Anyone have a bridge to sell me???
Sure, but it'll be 2-4 months before delivery :)

I confirmed my order but have not heard from a DA at all. This could be because of delays or I've stated I want a June delivery.

Agree with CLTGT that the delays are a silver lining! This gives Lucid a chance to work through software and other bugs before the final DEs go out, and before they ramp up mass production on the GT, Touring, and Pure. Think of this as a marathon for Lucid. They are lining up at the starting line. The race has not really even started. Lucid is just warming up, and as early adopters, we are helping prepare them for this marathon. I hope my attitude is shared by all Lucid buyers.

I am a Dream P reservation holder, confirmed long ago, got my VIN assigned in early December. I was then notified after Christmas that my car was a victim of the "fit and finish part" issue, and that my car could not be delivered before year-end. At that time my impression was it would be weeks or maybe months, and I accepted this. Lucid has not asked me for my $170,000 and therefore I am not really out anything. I think that is the attitude we should all have (if we have not already paid them $$$$ - those who paid their $170k and are awaiting cars with no word from Lucid...that's a different story entirely). For those of us who are on a list, have a car somewhere in the production pipeline or even a spot on the list...we just have to be patient and let these brilliant engineers and businessmen (and women) do their jobs and get this product finished so it can be distributed in a condition that we can all love and adore. Building cars is complicated, even for established manufacturers like Mercedes & Porsche. The EQS is being delayed. The Taycan has gone through many rounds of problems and has painfully bad range. The Model S, even after a decade of fine-tuning, continues to have problems. These are not vacuum cleaners, they are incredibly sophisticated, precise machines that rely heavily on computers and software for the multitude of systems and processes that must interact to create a perfectly functioning device. Computers are never perfect. Software is written by humans, who are never perfect. The best we can hope for is a vehicle that drives beautifully, looks beautiful, feels special, and has most of the kinks worked out of it. We should not be in too much of a hurry, nor should we be expecting such a perfect product that they can never meet our expectations. Lucid wants to deliver a really great car to every one of us, and we must give them whatever time they need in which to accomplish this very difficult task.

...This gives Lucid a chance to work through software and other bugs before the final DEs go out, and before they ramp up mass production on the GT, Touring, and Pure. Think of this as a marathon for Lucid. They are lining up at the starting line. The race has not really even started...

Agreed. I'm more than willing to wait for a car to be done right and hope others feel the same. There are always going to be teething troubles with anything of this complexity, scale and performance.

Agreed. I'm more than willing to wait for a car to be done right and hope others feel the same. There are always going to be teething troubles with anything of this complexity, scale and performance.
Agree with CLTGT that the delays are a silver lining! This gives Lucid a chance to work through software and other bugs before the final DEs go out, and before they ramp up mass production on the GT, Touring, and Pure. Think of this as a marathon for Lucid. They are lining up at the starting line. The race has not really even started. Lucid is just warming up, and as early adopters, we are helping prepare them for this marathon. I hope my attitude is shared by all Lucid buyers.

I am a Dream P reservation holder, confirmed long ago, got my VIN assigned in early December. I was then notified after Christmas that my car was a victim of the "fit and finish part" issue, and that my car could not be delivered before year-end. At that time my impression was it would be weeks or maybe months, and I accepted this. Lucid has not asked me for my $170,000 and therefore I am not really out anything. I think that is the attitude we should all have (if we have not already paid them $$$$ - those who paid their $170k and are awaiting cars with no word from Lucid...that's a different story entirely). For those of us who are on a list, have a car somewhere in the production pipeline or even a spot on the list...we just have to be patient and let these brilliant engineers and businessmen (and women) do their jobs and get this product finished so it can be distributed in a condition that we can all love and adore. Building cars is complicated, even for established manufacturers like Mercedes & Porsche. The EQS is being delayed. The Taycan has gone through many rounds of problems and has painfully bad range. The Model S, even after a decade of fine-tuning, continues to have problems. These are not vacuum cleaners, they are incredibly sophisticated, precise machines that rely heavily on computers and software for the multitude of systems and processes that must interact to create a perfectly functioning device. Computers are never perfect. Software is written by humans, who are never perfect. The best we can hope for is a vehicle that drives beautifully, looks beautiful, feels special, and has most of the kinks worked out of it. We should not be in too much of a hurry, nor should we be expecting such a perfect product that they can never meet our expectations. Lucid wants to deliver a really great car to every one of us, and we must give them whatever time they need in which to accomplish this very difficult task.
I agree with you. I want them to work out all the kinks as well. But they requested payment from me in early/mid December. But to their credit they offered to send it back when I complained about the situation. But I was hoping to get a little more information from them before I decide to have them send me my money back. If its another another week or so I’m happy that’s fine, but if it is another month or more than I will want my payment back.

I know we need to take these Bear's flyovers with a grain of salt, but there were 72 cars seen 2 days ago and 115 today, so there must be some progress being made...

I’m sure there are some cars missing fit and finish parts on that parking lot. I wouldn’t assume all those cars are ready to be loaded on the truck and shift.

I’m sure there are some cars missing fit and finish parts on that parking lot. I wouldn’t assume all those cars are ready to be loaded on the truck and shift.

Correct. But considering they added 43 cars to the lot in 2 days, that would equal an annual production of about 5000 vehicles . So while many are still waiting for the fit and finish part, they at least appear to be picking up the pace of production.

After running some errands today I stopped by the local Mercedes dealership out of curiousity, as I've not seen a EQS in reality.
The result was made me quite pleased that I had ordered the Lucid GT. I did not find the car attractive at all. I realize this all subjective, but thats why ice cream comes in flavors.

Do we know if any of these are AGTs or all they all DEs? I know he posted evidence of there being an AGT on the lot a short while back.
There's no way any of those are GTs. A number of folks getting DEs on this forum haven't received a VIN yet, meaning their cars are not yet off the assembly line. My DA told me the other day it'll likely be a few weeks until they start making GTs. The GT he posted previously was likely a preproduction model going to a showroom for display or test drives.

There's no way any of those are GTs. A number of folks getting DEs on this forum haven't received a VIN yet, meaning their cars are not yet off the assembly line. My DA told me the other day it'll likely be a few weeks until they start making GTs. The GT he posted previously was likely a preproduction model going to a showroom for display or test drives.

Thanks for the reply. Is the highest DE number we have seen still 185?

Thanks for the reply. Is the highest DE number we have seen still 185?
Yes so far I have been #185 highest I have seen. There are few folks might be receiving DE soon so will see.

Well, we know there are 2 in Torrance getting ready for delivery this weekend.

I am thinking that the cars in the lot are complete and not waiting on parts. We know the factory is not yet filled with equipment and part of the paint building is being used for final assembly. They can easily store cars waiting for the fit and finish part inside. I see no reason that they would wrap cars, store them outside, unwrap and bring them back inside for the final piece and then re-wrap and put them outside again.

I think the increasing numbers are a sign that some of the cars waiting for fit and finish are being completed making the daily volume look high. Bear's has estimated the daily volume to be 13 per day. There have been carriers in the last few flyovers taking cars away. In all likelihood, the 43 added cars is low since some have been taken away.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

I am thinking that the cars in the lot are complete and not waiting on parts. We know the factory is not yet filled with equipment and part of the paint building is being used for final assembly. They can easily store cars waiting for the fit and finish part inside. I see no reason that they would wrap cars, store them outside, unwrap and bring them back inside for the final piece and then re-wrap and put them outside again.

I think the increasing numbers are a sign that some of the cars waiting for fit and finish are being completed making the daily volume look high. Bear's has estimated the daily volume to be 13 per day. There have been carriers in the last few flyovers taking cars away. In all likelihood, the 43 added cars is low since some have been taken away.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

Got a call that I’m receiving mine next week. :D

Likely Tuesday or Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Back