Air Dream Deliveries?

I just sent my DA an email asking for an update considering the original 2-4 month window for delivery starts on Friday. He called me within 20 minutes. Said that they are still building Dream Editions and haven't started Grand Tourings. He said I should expect the delivery to be closer to the end of the 2-4 month window (basically mid-March). He also said I'm one of the first Grand Touring orders and should be in the first batch of cars.

So my guess is no Grand Touring deliveries until late February to early March.

This means they probably delivered less than 200 DE's (as stated above), and probably have built around 300 Dream Editions so far.
"You are one of the first Grand Touring orders and should be in the first batch of cars." Sure.

How about you are number X in the GT queue and "will" be in the first batch of cars. These DAs have a handbook on deflective language. :)

"You are one of the first Grand Touring orders and should be in the first batch of cars." Sure.

How about you are number X in the GT queue and "will" be in the first batch of cars. These DAs have a handbook on deflective language. :)
Mine used the exact same words as @manitou202 that I'm one of the first GT orders and should be in first batch of cars. But then he deviated after I pressed him, by saying the official line is 2 to 4 months but with Dreams being delayed, that timeframe may not be accurate. I think the handwriting is on the wall for GT deliveries slipping past the 2 to 4 month window. I hope not and if so only by a little. I leave Florida in mid April (again confirmed order 11/30) and once DA understood that, he wanted to focus on how to deliver to CT since there is no sales or service center close by.

I will share my experience with my 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid as I'm starting to feel a little "deja vu". The 2018 E-Hybrid was the first USA model with the second generation Panamera styling. In early 2017 I contacted numerous dealers in CA and finally found a dealer in LA who had an "open allocation" for the 2018 E-Hybrid. I quickly put down my deposit of $1500 in March 2017 and negotiated a 7% discount off of MSRP. Locked in the final configuration of the car in late April and it went into production in June and was completed in July. In August it was on a boat for San Diego where it arrived in early September. I had originally been told I could expect delivery at the LA dealership in late August but a delay of a few weeks didn't seem too bad. Turned out the model still needed EPA and CARB certification which was expected to create a further slight delay. The car was finally delivered to the dealership in early April, 2018, after sitting at the San Diego port for over 7 months waiting for EPA and then CARB certifications. I went back and forth with the dealership and Porsche Cars North America and I was ready to abandon the car many times during those months. Bottom line is I wound up getting over 20% off MSRP for my troubles and I thoroughly loved that car.
This situation is shaping up to be similar for my Dream Edition. I'm experiencing many of the same anxious feelings and sleepless nights but I'm still confident it will be worth it when I finally do get the car!!

There might be some reluctance to announce "bad" news

Cynically, this makes me wonder to what extent executive compensation is tied, directly or indirectly, to the current stock price.

I will share my experience with my 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid as I'm starting to feel a little "deja vu". The 2018 E-Hybrid was the first USA model with the second generation Panamera styling. In early 2017 I contacted numerous dealers in CA and finally found a dealer in LA who had an "open allocation" for the 2018 E-Hybrid. I quickly put down my deposit of $1500 in March 2017 and negotiated a 7% discount off of MSRP. Locked in the final configuration of the car in late April and it went into production in June and was completed in July. In August it was on a boat for San Diego where it arrived in early September. I had originally been told I could expect delivery at the LA dealership in late August but a delay of a few weeks didn't seem too bad. Turned out the model still needed EPA and CARB certification which was expected to create a further slight delay. The car was finally delivered to the dealership in early April, 2018, after sitting at the San Diego port for over 7 months waiting for EPA and then CARB certifications. I went back and forth with the dealership and Porsche Cars North America and I was ready to abandon the car many times during those months. Bottom line is I wound up getting over 20% off MSRP for my troubles and I thoroughly loved that car.
This situation is shaping up to be similar for my Dream Edition. I'm experiencing many of the same anxious feelings and sleepless nights but I'm still confident it will be worth it when I finally do get the car!!
and this happened with a well known/respected brand. I will give Lucid some slack because they are so new to manufacturing and the people who received their orders have only good things to say about the build quality. the only issues stem from software which can be fixed remotely and hopefully their engineering teams are already working on those issues.

Mine used the exact same words as @manitou202 that I'm one of the first GT orders and should be in first batch of cars. But then he deviated after I pressed him, by saying the official line is 2 to 4 months but with Dreams being delayed, that timeframe may not be accurate. I think the handwriting is on the wall for GT deliveries slipping past the 2 to 4 month window. I hope not and if so only by a little. I leave Florida in mid April (again confirmed order 11/30) and once DA understood that, he wanted to focus on how to deliver to CT since there is no sales or service center close by.
I spoke to my DA the other day after a few weeks of radio silence. I was told that I'm "in the first 200" confirmed GT orders (I hope so, as I was in the first batch of confirmation emails and my deposit is from 12/2019). The party line is that they're 'almost done' producing the DEs and should be changing the assembly line over to the GTs in the next few weeks. From there, it could be late February or early March before my car might be ready for delivery. He did say that the Quantum Gray shouldn't be delayed like the Zenith Red was for the DEs, but @hmp10 can tell you a similar story that we know wasn't true...

Bottom line: I'll believe it all when I see a VIN.

My hope is that once Lucid shares the status of Q4 deliveries publicly, likely in tandem with quarterly fillings/earnings report, they'll be able to be more open about deliveries as the impact on the stock and company perception would've already been felt.

Once that occurs and if communication improves then we can infer that it was due to curation of the delivery miss message. If it stays the same, then that's just Lucid's policy on delivery info. Hoping it's the former and a new company growing pains especially given the excellent post delivery communication many have mentioned.

I almost asked who your DA was as this exactly what I heard from mine. They are all on the same page. The problem is that surely everyone is not in the same batch with respect to AGTs. I confirmed my order on 11/21. My DA did say “by the end of the quarter” just two or three days ago.

I am struggling to remember all of the DE reservation holders here but I am thinking that you are the only one on this forum without a VIN? Are there any other DE reservation holders that have not received their VIN yet?
I have a confirmed Dream P order but no VIN. DA called to apologize about delay. I told him I understand that almost ALL manufacturers have supply chain issues right now and it takes very few parts to halt the car assembly process. I’ve worked in car assembly plants (GM) all over the US and it is a very complicated and carefully choreographed process that is easily disrupted.
Update - they called tonight 1/19/22 to say car has been given a VIN and was moving through production. No promises on time frame for delivery however. I suggested a couple of weeks and DA seemed to concur.

Last edited:
Wow, so it’s like they were hoping that they could not communicate the problems and slip this by but they failed to realize what would happen when a bunch of reservation holders shared various pieces of a puzzle. Now that you start to piece things together, it doesn’t look good, at least for the short term. If they’re still building Dream Editions, they’ll be lucky to build half of what they expected to build this year. I’m not thrilled that they have my money and I don’t have the car but I’m OK with it if they deliver it without all of the problems we’re reading about. And please get Apple CarPlay implemented before delivering my car.

I have a confirmed Dream P order but no VIN. DA called to apologize about delay. I told him I understand that almost ALL manufacturers have supply chain issues right now and it takes very few parts to halt the car assembly process. I’ve worked in car assembly plants (GM) all over the US and it is a very complicated and carefully choreographed process that is easily disrupted.
No VIN yet for a Dream? I thought they were just finishing production and would be transitioning to the GT about now. That certainly gives me pause and puts the 2-4 month timeline I was told for my GT in doubt. I leave for a driving trip late March ( our anniversary) but it looks like I’ll be driving the ICE even though that is the 4 month mark for me. Big disappointment if that’s true.

My DA is somewhat hit or miss. I have emailed him questions and it usually takes a couple days for him to get back with me. He tends to prefer talking on the phone though to just responding via email. That is a bit of a pain since most of the time I would just prefer an email response since I cannot always answer the call, but at least he tries. The last time was yesterday. He left me a voicemail saying to try him back or he would just respond to my email. Well, almost 24 hours later and no email.
That is embarrassing for a sales or service organization of any sort. The client determines the communications medium. Not the company rep providing the product or service. I get the sense that some of their hires came from backgrounds that were not sales or service focused and they put them in client facing positions.

Everyone - when was the last time we heard of a delivery? Was it #184? Seems quiet on the delivery front.

Well this forum has 414 members, out of 17,000 reservations. 2.4% so...using the same, only 12 DE holders should be on here...yep seems right!

When you receive your Dream Edition, Lucid asks you if they can take a picture for social media....they then put the picture on instagram and twitter, fyi.

True...but not everyone says yes and they don't post every delivery either

Well, it makes sense if they are waiting for parts and that is the reason for no recent deliveries, if that is indeed the case. Did it stop production altogether? That might explain why some DE buyers still do not have a VIN. In any event, the lack of communication leads us all to come to our own conclusions and make our own assumptions. We all know the old adage about "ASSUME", but, in this case, it only makes an ASS out of Lucid as they are allowing us to make these assumptions. They really need to control the narrative as it is getting somewhat out of hand, especially for those DE buyers who have not received their car. As a GT purchaser, I am fine as I really hope they get more of the bugs worked out before I take delivery, especially CarPlay, Adaptive cruise control and a few other promised attributes/features.

My guess is that Lucid doesn't want to say anything until they have a handle on the situation....or a solution. They don't want to announce that they can't deliver any cars, are missing these parts, and have no idea when or how the situation will resolve itself.

BINGO!!!

Silver Lining: Having a physical part issue should give them a bit of time to workout some more software issues before resuming deliveries though.

My guess is that Lucid doesn't want to say anything until they have a handle on the situation....or a solution. They don't want to announce that they can't deliver any cars, are missing these parts, and have no idea when or how the situation will resolve itself.

The issue is that they're a publicly traded company and as pointed out if they know there is an issue they need to disclose. So if this is really the case it means internal staff know what's really going on and investors don't and puts them in a situation that insider trading could happen. The moment Rivian mentioned production issues and revised the numbers the price tanked so Lucid just needs to fess up and take the hit.

It could be something else because legally they could be in trouble if the knew about this in December etc. and didn't say anything. Either way though. cars aren't getting into customers hands so whatever is going on internally doesn't appear to be good. Lucid going out and saying they're expanding in Europe and opening a plant in Saudi Arabia doesn't help either. You'll release positive news but nothing negative.

Back