Air Dream Deliveries?

Just took it out for a 30 min spin. Mixed driving- some city and some higher speed limit roads.
Some quick initial impressions:
-Super quick in all modes like most have noted. And most importantly feels effortless doing it.
-Ride is extremely smooth, quiet and gives you a feeling of a sound proof studio.
-I was able to set up Homelink with 2 of my garages with zero effort and zero issues. Works great. BUT: When returning home, if you want to back into your garage, both the screens go into camera mode once the car is in reverse. This causes the homelink button to be unavailable. You have to exit the camera view and then tap on the homelink, get the appropriate garage door to open and then tap again on the camera mode if you want to continue using cameras to back in. An "always there" homelink button would be very highly desirable. (If I am overlooking something and someone else has figured out a workaround please advise!)
-I also found the reverse camera on the upper screen to be a little lagging. It is not as fluid as the lower screen. It is not jarring by any means but still noticeable. Not sure if it is specific to my car?
-I popped off the covers from all wheels as I prefer the look without them on. Thanks for the tip @hydbob, your note about doing this early made a lot of sense. Even after my 30 min drive when I popped the covers off I could see dust back there.
-The rear seat leg room is incredible. I am not sure I understand anyone making a comment otherwise. I am 5"10" and with the driver's seat very far back, I had more room than any of the luxury cars I have owned including MB S class, MB GLS, Rolls phantom coupe, wraith and Ghost, Bentley Flying spur and Bentley Bentayga, Range Rover, BMW 7 series etc). I don't think it is even CLOSE to comparing this to any of these cars for back seat leg room!!
-I love the sound that is emitted by the car while in reverse to warn pedestrians. Instead of an annoying beep or chirp, it seems to be playing a very nice musical tone which is pleasant to hear!
-I was disappointed to see that my car came with software 1.0.6 instead of the 1.1 that @Alex reported here. Maybe that is the benefit of a slightly later number DE (mine is #111 not sure if that means it was produced earlier and sat somewhere?
-One question to current owners: Can you "search" for available updates or is the OTA automatic and just shows up? In all my previous EV's there was a "check software updates" button but I can't seem to find that here.

The OTA will push by itself as an option. Seems like they roll them out sometime around 8-10 am is my experience.

Glad you are enjoying it so far! No work around regarding home link.

The reverse camera does have a slight jitter/lag but I think I've gotten used to it.

Got our car at noon today - #154. The Lucid delivery coach said it was the first Zenith Red he's seen, but he was not sure if it's the first red delivered anywhere. Here are a couple of photos from my iPhone. (Charged up my larger camera today, but it was mysteriously dead when I tried to use it.) I'll try for something better tomorrow.
Congratulations hmp10! Beautiful color, I so happy Lucid came through for you. Seeing your pictures makes me very happy we decided on the red too. Can’t wait to hear from the rest of the Dream drivers how they like their car. Go Lucid.

Got our car at noon today - #154. The Lucid delivery coach said it was the first Zenith Red he's seen, but he was not sure if it's the first red delivered anywhere. Here are a couple of photos from my iPhone. (Charged up my larger camera today, but it was mysteriously dead when I tried to use it.) I'll try for something better tomorrow.

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

We've spent less that 30 minutes driving it. but here are some early impressions:

- smoother riding and quieter than our Model S Plaid in all three settings
- car is flat out quick even in Smooth mode
- in Sprint mode it has the kick-in-the-gut, headache-inducing acceleration of the Plaid
- less front end lightness under hard acceleration than the Plaid
- incredibly responsive and precise steering . . . and it has no f---ing yoke!!! or badly-placed buttons
- so glad to get a turn signal stalk back that I almost cried
- not a squeak or rattle to be heard
- software lags quite a bit; some icons have to be hit "just so" to activate
- need to spend some time figuring out the software
- no geofencing or proximity approach to bring up Homelink; you have to press the icon
- though we set up Alexa with the coach's assistance, it is not working properly
- after coach left and we took the car on the road, Alexa started telling us is "does not support the device" to which it's linked, i.e., the car . . .
- haven't figured out how to initiate a phone call by voice command

Quick and dirty: it's an absolutely amazing driving machine -- probably the best we've ever owned -- with a lot of software things still in the works.
Congrats! Long wait paid off!

Just took it out for a 30 min spin. Mixed driving- some city and some higher speed limit roads.
-Super quick in all modes like most have noted. And most importantly feels effortless doing it.
-Ride is extremely smooth, quiet and gives you a feeling of a sound proof studio.
-I was able to set up Homelink with 2 of my garages with zero effort and zero issues. Works great. BUT: When returning home, if you want to back into your garage, both the screens go into camera mode once the car is in reverse. This causes the homelink button to be unavailable. You have to exit the camera view and then tap on the homelink, get the appropriate garage door to open and then tap again on the camera mode if you want to continue using cameras to back in. An "always there" homelink button would be very highly desirable. (If I am overlooking something and someone else has figured out a workaround please advise!)
-I also found the reverse camera on the upper screen to be a little lagging. It is not as fluid as the lower screen. It is not jarring by any means but still noticeable. Not sure if it is specific to my car?
-I popped off the covers from all wheels as I prefer the look without them on. Thanks for the tip @hydbob, your note about doing this early made a lot of sense. Even after my 30 min drive when I popped the covers off I could see dust back there.
-The rear seat leg room is incredible. I am not sure I understand anyone making a comment otherwise. I am 5"10" and with the driver's seat very far back, I had more room than any of the luxury cars I have owned including MB S class, MB GLS, Rolls phantom coupe, wraith and Ghost, Bentley Flying spur and Bentley Bentayga, Range Rover, BMW 7 series etc). I don't think it is even CLOSE to comparing this to any of these cars for back seat leg room!!
-I love the sound that is emitted by the car while in reverse to warn pedestrians. Instead of an annoying beep or chirp, it seems to be playing a very nice musical tone which is pleasant to hear!
-I was disappointed to see that my car came with software 1.0.6 instead of the 1.1 that @Alex reported here. Maybe that is the benefit of a slightly later number DE (mine is #111 not sure if that means it was produced earlier and sat somewhere?
-One question to current owners: Can you "search" for available updates or is the OTA automatic and just shows up? In all my previous EV's there was a "check software updates" button but I can't seem to find that here.
Congrats! what's your DE#?

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

We've spent less that 30 minutes driving it. but here are some early impressions:

- in Sprint mode it has the kick-in-the-gut, headache-inducing acceleration of the Plaid
- incredibly responsive and precise steering . . . and it has no f---ing yoke!!! or badly-placed buttons
- no geofencing or proximity approach to bring up Homelink; you have to press the icon
- though we set up Alexa with the coach's assistance, it is not working properly
- after coach left and we took the car on the road, Alexa started telling us is "does not support the device" to which it's linked, i.e., the car . . .

Quick and dirty: it's an absolutely amazing driving machine -- probably the best we've ever owned -- with a lot of software things still in the works.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback. Grats!

Are there any set "Patterns" for moving your head in a circle when looking at the camera like it instructs you to do?
We were able to set the facial recognition up right away last night. As a mater of fact, I was expecting that it would require me to move my head around, but in just a few seconds it said that it was done. The DA mentioned that it does not require head movement.

It brings it up for me, although I have only set up one garage door. When approaching the garage door the garage comes up in the left panel.

We were able to set the facial recognition up right away last night. As a mater of fact, I was expecting that it would require me to move my head around, but in just a few seconds it said that it was done. The DA mentioned that it does not require head movement.

I hope this software doesn't have complexion recognition issues.

It brings it up for me, although I have only set up one garage door. When approaching the garage door the garage comes up in the left panel.

I was actually going to suggest that. Only one setting, since the DE owners who have posted all said they had garage doors and gates programmed. Good for me as I don't have a gate.

Just a note on the rear seat spaciousness. I am 6'2" and have been driving a Lexus LS460L where the rear cabin has more room than the driver's seat. I can assure you the DE rear is tight. Still waiting for my DE, though. I expect to spend most of my time up front! :)

Last edited:
Sorry, got confused - it's the right panel. I must have some kind of dyslexia.

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

Can you please confirm interior color and at some point take some pics showing the combo. Still deciding on my interior. Decided on ZR despite that it will delay delivery. But uncertain about interior.

Can you please confirm interior color and at some point take some pics showing the combo. Still deciding on my interior. Decided on ZR despite that it will delay delivery. But. It sure in interior.
There is only one interior on the DE, and it is exclusive to them (very close to the Santa Cruz though)

View attachment 411

View attachment 412

Beautiful!! I think you now have the highest number we've seen. Keep the info coming please.

Make sure you are on your profile. Clear the previous records of your face. And just look straight ahead like you would while driving.
Tried all, still no luck. I also set up a new profile for my wife and was hoping that it would possibly allow the facial recognition to work. No luck. Must be something unique to my car, will post here when I have a solution.

@hmp10 can you please tell me what version your software currently is? Mine was delivered with 1.0.6 so I am just curious since our cars clearly left the factory for FL at the same time and most likely on the same truck. Thanks in advance.

Back