Air Dream Deliveries?

iam sorry it is not software. Software can be easily fixed with over the air updates. Model S software plaid had similar issues and they shipped it out. Fit and finish is 3rd party parts not meeting t dur requirements. I am software engineer.
Just because Tesla was comfortable shipping out cars with inadequate software doesn't make it acceptable. Do you want to be known as Tesla 2.0 or as Lucid?

As a software engineer, you should know that delivering a fix (OTA update) is the easy part. Fixing something can be complex. I've seen projects that required major rewrites because the fixes would have created a mishmash of subroutines that would have been unmaintainable. Often, writing the initial code is easier than writing the fix. And of course, there is a variety of abilities among the engineers themselves. I've worked with a few where you wonder who they are related to to have gotten hired then not fired.

I don't mind if some of the features aren't initially enabled like Dream Drive, but the underlying operating system and UI should be stable and basic functions should be usable with minimal errors. It seems that the software it a mix so far. Probably not as stable as many would expect, but pretty decent overall. I'm also willing to give Lucid a little more leeway because they are a brand new automaker and this is their first vehicle. I wouldn't be an early adopter if I wasn't willing to take on some initial bugs and problems.

The key in my mind is how critical are these software bugs. Is the vehicle still drivable and safe to operate? I'll use Porsche as a example. When they performed a major software update last year, which required owners to take their Taycan into the dealership for the update, it had a bug that was causing vehicles to completely stop on the highway and required a flatbed to the dealership. It took Porsche months to figure out the issue and release another software update that corrected the issue. This was a pretty major problem for Taycan owners as it was potentially a safety issue, and definitely a drivability issue. This isn't acceptable.

On the other end of the spectrum our Polestar 2 recently had a software update over the air that was causing Google Maps (the built in navigation system) to crash. It was annoying to not be able to use the built in navigation, but the car was still safe to drive and completely usable.

We should create a new thread where current owners just talk about their experience thus far, areas for improvement, etc....and make sure people from Lucid are watching/reading our comments.

We should create a new thread where current owners just talk about their experience thus far, areas for improvement, etc....and make sure people from Lucid are watching/reading our comments.
Kzooguy did already, problem is we have so much information interspersed between so many different threads, but realistically, someone at Lucid is already monitoring the forums. Confirmed this with several people at Lucid already and was already quoted on one of my posts with my original sales advisor.

So is this any of you all? Seems like at least another 4 deliveries this morning!

Attachments

• 8DB4B9A8-DCD2-4EE0-BDC8-AA6CD46797FF.jpeg
    8DB4B9A8-DCD2-4EE0-BDC8-AA6CD46797FF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
Kzooguy did already, problem is we have so much information interspersed between so many different threads, but realistically, someone at Lucid is already monitoring the forums. Confirmed this with several people at Lucid already and was already quoted on one of my posts with my original sales advisor.
I wonder if they have a mapping of who is who. Most of us have given enough information that it would be easy for them to figure out internally. (Ie: not enough for us to know who each other are, but enough to map us back to our reservations)

None of the comments I've seen are trivial or critical, just to be critical. So, I doubt it would make any difference in the "back rooms" if Lucid mined our identities. That would be a huge waste of precious time. These comments appear real and, some, substantive. A saying I hold dear to my company operations is "if you don't deal with reality, reality will deal with you." Perhaps a variation of 'pay me now or pay me later'. :)

From my experience thus far, Lucid wants to get all the feedback. Like the massage seats turning off after 3 minutes. They need cruise control ASAP. Apple carplay asap. All safety features ASAP. Some form of self driving ASAP. The radio stations need to work better....cant stand the "buffering" messages interrupting the music. They need to hire 1,000 software engineers from Tesla and have them work 24/7. Best looking car on the road, 500 mile range, 1,000 HP, just need the software.

From my experience thus far, Lucid wants to get all the feedback. Like the massage seats turning off after 3 minutes. They need cruise control ASAP. Apple carplay asap. All safety features ASAP. Some form of self driving ASAP. The radio stations need to work better....cant stand the "buffering" messages interrupting the music. They need to hire 1,000 software engineers from Tesla and have them work 24/7. Best looking car on the road, 500 mile range, 1,000 HP, just need the software.
and where is DreamDrive Pro?

This does honestly beg the question of what the heck were they prepared to launch before the SPAC merger?

Well, the Lucid Air is the best looking EV out there, the interior is superior, the exterior is breathtaking, and it drives great. Again, they need to pay huge bonusses to hire away Tesla software engineers.

Well, the Lucid Air is the best looking EV out there, the interior is superior, the exterior is breathtaking, and it drives great. Again, they need to pay huge bonusses to hire away Tesla software engineers.

I get your point about hiring more top-notch software engineers. But we're now on our second Tesla, and I'd recommend that Lucid recruit from somewhere else.

I get your point about hiring more top-notch software engineers. But we're now on our second Tesla, and I'd recommend that Lucid recruit from somewhere else.

So strange you say that. I'm on my 3rd Tesla and the software has been one of the features I've enjoywe most about each of them.

So strange you say that. I'm on my 3rd Tesla and the software has been one of the features I've enjoywe most about each of them.

We had a 2015 Model S P90D and now have a Model S Plaid. Throughout the time we owned the 2015, we had recurrent screen freezes and blackouts. The car frequently sent collision warning signals from the front left of the car even when driving on open roads with no nearby traffic or obstacles. Every couple of weeks we'd start the car only to get a message that driver assistance and accident avoid features were not available. Sometimes the problem would disappear at the next restart; sometimes it would persist for a couple of day before mysteriously disappearing. The microphone for voice command failed to work as often as it worked. And the voice recognition was endlessly creative in interpreting what I was asking it to do.

And these were the inadvertent problems. There were also the features that Tesla deliberately removed as time passed. Although I had paid $3,000 for the Autopilot option in 2015, which included lane change assistance and operation on properly marked two-lane roads and allowed for choosing a speed more than 5 miles above the speed limit (to avoid getting rear-ended on Florida's public dragways), those features were later removed when Tesla migrated them into FSD. By the time I traded the car this summer, all I had remaining from the $3,000 I had spent was lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control, features included in the price of my 2018 Honda Odyssey that cost 1/3 as much.

The Plaid has had its own share of software quirks, and it was our experience with the earlier Tesla that taught us that paying $10,000 for FSD (that is actually something entirely different from true autonomous driving) was a fool's game, as we were completely at the mercy of what parts of it Tesla might choose to take away at a future date unless we ponied up more money.

With Bear's Workshop last flyover showing 78 Lucid Airs in the parking lot, do you guys think these are the remaining Dream Editions to be delivered waiting for the "fit and finish" part? Did Lucid complete the Dream production run of 520 vehicles? If so does this mean 442 Dreams were delivered?

With Bear's Workshop last flyover showing 78 Lucid Airs in the parking lot, do you guys think these are the remaining Dream Editions to be delivered waiting for the "fit and finish" part? Did Lucid complete the Dream production run of 520 vehicles? If so does this mean 442 Dreams were delivered?
unlikely. We only know of about 150 or so that seem to have been delivered.

unlikely. We only know of about 150 or so that seem to have been delivered.

Not sure why only 78 on the outside lot; perhaps they've started moving the ones waiting back into the factory for rework? As Paladin indicated, the highest Dream Edition number we've seen thus far is 157 but that is only for people on this and the other Lucid forum. I'm sure there are some that have been delivered who aren't currently active on the forums.

Not sure why only 78 on the outside lot; perhaps they've started moving the ones waiting back into the factory for rework? As Paladin indicated, the highest Dream Edition number we've seen thus far is 157 but that is only for people on this and the other Lucid forum. I'm sure there are some that have been delivered who aren't currently active on the forums.
yes for sure there should be some forum and twitter does not covered by Lucid! I think some of them are already headed to Saudi as Peter said Saudi has second most preorder after US.

Back