Air Dream Deliveries?

Saw a local news piece on the TV and they were interviewing a local Ford dealer. Asked about why there were so few new cars and the chip shortage came up.

I took my Honda Odyssey to the dealer last week for an OTA update that I could not do at home. This is a high-volume dealer with a huge new showroom they built only two years ago. There were only two vehicles on display: a Ridgeline pickup and a used Tesla Model S Plaid (which had been price reduced from $140,000 to $136,000). The storage lot, which used to have rows upon rows of Honda models lined up for sale, was largely empty. The drop-off line for Service was the longest I had ever seen it, however.

I took my Honda Odyssey to the dealer last week for an OTA update that I could not do at home. This is a high-volume dealer with a huge new showroom they built only two years ago. There were only two vehicles on display: a Ridgeline pickup and a used Tesla Model S Plaid (which had been price reduced from $140,000 to $136,000). The storage lot, which used to have rows upon rows of Honda models lined up for sale, was largely empty. The drop-off line for Service was the longest I had ever seen it, however.
that was the same with the TV news report. They had a drone camera show an overhead view of the lot that would normally have hundreds of cars and it was empty.

I was talking with my BMW service rep about a month ago and he said they had 8 new cars on the lot when the "normal" number should be above 300. The only positive he could point to was that new orders seemed to take the same amount of time to fill as usual. They just can't catch up. He was hoping to get back to normal in 3-6 months.

I was told years ago dealerships make their money in the service department.

I was told years ago dealerships make their money in the service department.
In very broad terms it’s about half - but it depends how the business is set up (do Service charge Sales at retail rates? Do you include Parts and Bodyshop?)

Now we are up to DE# 458 to be delivered this week. It’s in the New Member forum on this site. Seems they’re making progress.

I would love it if Lucid delivered car #520 out of sequence just to mess with everyone.

I would love it if Lucid delivered car #520 out of sequence just to mess with everyone.
I’ll bet #458 is out of sequence!

Is there a picture to confirm cause now the numbers don’t make sense

Where is #458?

Would like to see picture but this is great I hope.

I thought you were trying to make sense of the numbers, or are you finally convinced they don't and never did? :p
I think if @blueice89 and @Bruce Browne got together they could come up with some proprietary algorithm to discern delivery dates to predict the outcome of production.

I think if @blueice89 and @Bruce Browne got together they could come up with some proprietary algorithm to discern delivery dates to predict the outcome of production.
A proprietary algorithm that requires chants, blood sacrifice, a particle accelerator and six thousands gallons of mayonnaise.

Oh wait, that might be the ritual to connect a SCSI device. My bad.

I got my weekly call from my HA this afternoon. She said my car is "completed" but they are still waiting for a "fit and finish" part and then my Dream will go through final inspection and hopefully get shipped. I asked if we are talking days, weeks, or ?? She said she didn't have any estimate of when my car will be shipped.
I was wondering if you got your car yet. I saw a new Lucid in Saratoga this morning that I hadn't seen before.

Back