Air Dream Deliveries?

Production is still very opaque.

My friend in Orlando got his VIN, and 9 days later his car was available for delivery. I got my VIN 12 days ago and still have heard nothing about a delivery. window And since people have already been notified of 12/5 delivery, I certainly won't be getting the car this week.

I know Zenith Reds were put into production later than the other colors. But my delivery advisor told me in September that VINs would not be assigned until the car was near the end of production. So my Zenith Red must have already been on the assembly line when I got the VIN on November 19. Even if the VIN was assigned when the car entered production, spending two weeks in assembly and inspection is a very long time, even for a startup line.

So why have I heard nothing since about a delivery date? It almost makes me wonder if my car has been sidelined for rework.

There's no way to say. Lucid tweeted a couple of pictures yesterday with a lot of cars in the same configuration,so I'm guessing Bear's flyover showed most of the same cars. Either way, there were 16ish on Friday's flyover, so they've produced a decent number since then.
So as I suggested, we really don’t know. I find these tweets a bit misleading and not particularly informative. IMO we should keep the information here factual or we begin sliding into what I used to see for years when I frequented the Tesla forums.

I think reporting accuracy from outside sources is particularly important at this stage of Lucid’s evolution…especially in light of the fact that Lucid is not particularly forthcoming with facts.

Production is still very opaque.

My friend in Orlando got his VIN, and 9 days later his car was available for delivery. I got my VIN 12 days ago and still have heard nothing about a delivery. window And since people have already been notified of 12/5 delivery, I certainly won't be getting the car this week.

I know Zenith Reds were put into production later than the other colors. But my delivery advisor told me in September that VINs would not be assigned until the car was near the end of production. So my Zenith Red must have already been on the assembly line when I got the VIN on November 19. Even if the VIN was assigned when the car entered production, spending two weeks in assembly and inspection is a very long time, even for a startup line.

So why have I heard nothing since about a delivery date? It almost makes me wonder if my car has been sidelined for rework.

@hmp10 I'll feel better once I SEE a Zenith Red! All so far have been pre production.

I got my VIN assignment on Nov. 15, still no delivery or even sign thereof. (Michigan).

I got my VIN assignment on Nov. 15, still no delivery or even sign thereof. (Michigan).

Thanks for the info. I'm beginning to get worried about losing the federal tax credit if the car isn't delivered this month.

Do you mind telling me when you reserved, when you confirmed your configuration, and which version/color/wheels you chose? (I am a September 2018 reservation that confirmed on Sept 20, 2021.)

Thanks for the info. I'm beginning to get worried about losing the federal tax credit if the car isn't delivered this month.

Do you mind telling me when you reserved, when you confirmed your configuration, and which version/color/wheels you chose? (I am a September 2018 reservation that confirmed on Sept 20, 2021.)
I have confidence that if Lucid misses the deadline they will make it right to the Dream Edition buyers that get missed

With all the order confirmations going out, has anyone heard anything about Lucid confirming non-US AGT orders? Or did US-based orders jump the queue?

How will Lucid handle orders from places like Saudi, which has the second most pre-orders?

Reserved years ago. Confirmed 21 Sept. White, Performance, 21"

1638836078040.png

From Bear’s Workshop today. Isn’t that a partially wrapped Zenith Red Lucid DE as one of the two new cars in the bottom left?

From Bear’s Workshop today. Isn’t that a partially wrapped Zenith Red Lucid DE as one of the two new cars in the bottom left?
If you zoom in, I think it's a red banner:
Red Banner.png

Looks like top to a golf car
Yes. Think it is. Sorry hmp10….

But, since it’s wrapped, we have no idea what color the car is. So there is still hope.

I saw Ashoka post on reddit a few days ago, but he must just be too busy enjoying his car! I, however, am not!

He is in the San Diego area. I’ve been keeping an eye open for his car, but no sightings yet.still waiting to see one in the wild!

I saw Ashoka post on reddit a few days ago, but he must just be too busy enjoying his car! I, however, am not!
Is there a problem or are you just not too busy to post? I’m not sure how to interpret your comment.

Last edited:
Just the minor ones I've posted about. Sorry I meant, I'm not too busy to post! Left it open to interpretation! I LOVE my car!

Last edited:
I got my VIN last night, ending in 1368. Anybody know if these are sequential? I remember with the early Tesla‘s they were, so our first Tesla with 3093 was somewhere around there in production, in late 2012. Clearly my DE won’t be the 1,368th produced but could be the 368th produced but the 1 doesn’t seem to make any sense then, so perhaps they’re not.

Back