Air Conditioning not cooling the car enough

There is a bug where the HVAC will start by venting air at the front defrosters (windshield) even though the UI shows only front vents enabled. You have to cycle through all the vent settings to get the air to come from the front only. Hopefully this will be fixed soon
Finally! Thought it was just my car or I was losing my mind. Had the car looked at by Lucid who assured me HVAC was functioning but all I hear is the loud blower with no cold air coming from vents. I’ve found the “fix” to be cycling the AC on and off several times until I feel air coming out of the front vents. Are there any other tricks?

Finally! Thought it was just my car or I was losing my mind. Had the car looked at by Lucid who assured me HVAC was functioning but all I hear is the loud blower with no cold air coming from vents. I’ve found the “fix” to be cycling the AC on and off several times until I feel air coming out of the front vents. Are there any other tricks?
Some have found cycling through the various zones to be helpful when flow is inadequate.

Some have found cycling through the various zones to be helpful when flow is inadequate.
Agree with this... I cycle from the front dash back to the front vents... sometimes two times before i feel the vents blow stronger. Hope this is a software bug they can fix.

Agree with this... I cycle from the front dash back to the front vents... sometimes two times before i feel the vents blow stronger. Hope this is a software bug they can fix.
I hope so too. It’s ridiculous that such a basic function couldn’t have been ironed out by now, more than a year after deliveries began.

Yep ... its the only way I found to "resolve" the issue where air direction is incorrect. A SW fix is needed.

Here's an interesting tidbit for those who might not be aware. I went to a couple of shops yesterday to inquire about tinting and, more specifically, heat rejection. They tested the roof, windshield and windows and all seem to already have a clear ceramic coating that blocks 90+% of the heat. He tested it with a meter.

So the net outcome is that I decided it was not going to be worth $600 to apply another coat for minimal benefit. Oh well

Good to know these tips.
I had to have my AC checked last summer as well and they found no issues based on their SPECS but I stand by my view that it is underpowered and abysmal. Those narrow vents don’t help either. I am not looking forward to the 100 degree plus days coming up here in North Texas 😓😓

Here's an interesting tidbit for those who might not be aware. I went to a couple of shops yesterday to inquire about tinting and, more specifically, heat rejection. They tested the roof, windshield and windows and all seem to already have a clear ceramic coating that blocks 90+% of the heat. He tested it with a meter.

So the net outcome is that I decided it was not going to be worth $600 to apply another coat for minimal benefit. Oh well
Thanks for that information because many others have sworn that tinting the Car has tremendously helped with their Heat issues in the Summer 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks for that information because many others have sworn that tinting the Car has tremendously helped with their Heat issues in the Summer 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Obviously I can't speak for them. But from what I was told and what I saw on the meter he used, it would seem that there's not much room for improvement if the heat rejection coating is already blocking 90% of the heat. But I can see how darker tint might help it seem/feel cooler. I'm in NY though and won't pass inspection if I get darker tint than it already has.

Side note: when I commented on not passing inspection with darker tint, the guy at the shop told me that half his customers have it removed before inspection annually and reinstalled... Or put down their windows and pull the fuse so the inspector can't see the tint. I'm not going those routes

Obviously I can't speak for them. But from what I was told and what I saw on the meter he used, it would seem that there's not much room for improvement if the heat rejection coating is already blocking 90% of the heat. But I can see how darker tint might help it seem/feel cooler. I'm in NY though and won't pass inspection if I get darker tint than it already has.

Side note: when I commented on not passing inspection with darker tint, the guy at the shop told me that half his customers have it removed before inspection annually and reinstalled... Or put down their windows and pull the fuse so the inspector can't see the tint. I'm not going those routes
In CA, EVs don’t need inspection; do they in NY? Also, the tint definitely made a difference on how hot my head feels.

OK...after 2-3 days here in Tucson of 100 degree plus temperatures, I can say my Lucid Air GT air conditioning is not doing well. I have done the cycling and tinting but the ac is a failure. I do not believe such a basic function would be this subpar on this price point auto. Hopefully a software fix is the answer but I think the ac was an afterthought compared to the other engineering marvels this vehicle has. I agree with most on this forum about patience but ac has been around for a long time. Not something that had to be reinvented.

I want to post something positive, because there's been way too much negativity on here lately. And this car is too nice for that, I wouldn't want to own anything else.
I got out of playing two solid hours of pickleball around noon, so exhausted and hot that I was ready to pass out. The car said it was 89 out. I turned the AC front and back to the lowest temp, and kicked up the seat cooling to high. In just a couple minutes, things were comfortable. I had to make a five minute stop. I set the car to hold the temperature for me, and when I got back in, it was getting even cooler. I got to drive home in comfort, easily passing every other car on the road. I love this car!

OK...after 2-3 days here in Tucson of 100 degree plus temperatures, I can say my Lucid Air GT air conditioning is not doing well. I have done the cycling and tinting but the ac is a failure. I do not believe such a basic function would be this subpar on this price point auto. Hopefully a software fix is the answer but I think the ac was an afterthought compared to the other engineering marvels this vehicle has. I agree with most on this forum about patience but ac has been around for a long time. Not something that had to be reinvented.
I’m looking forward to you trying out the new max setting in the software update. Essentially it sets all four front and rear zones to the highest fan and lowest temperature settings.

I was in Pleasanton, CA yesterday charging the car and it was 101. Just 10 min before I walked to the car, I set it to cool to 64. It was indeed cool when I got it. The I stopped at a shopping center for 30min and it hit 106 outside. Again pre-cooling for 10 min did fine. My lucky day? I will take it. I did not have to tinker with the AC on/off etc. I will surely report back after a planned trip in 3 weeks all the way from CA to Montreal Canada via Bakersfiled, Vegas, Denver, Chicago and back via Detroit, Indianapolis, St Louis, Albuquerque, Kingman, AZ.

I’m looking forward to you trying out the new max setting in the software update. Essentially it sets all four front and rear zones to the highest fan and lowest temperature settings.
Do you have it already?

It also set seat cooling to max. It is a very convenient feature.

That is a good question if the remote climate activates it. I have not tried remote climate yet on the new software.
It probably needs update to the App.

Back