Air Conditioning not cooling the car enough

Yes. The air conditioning is horribl. The service center says it performs to specifications….it just does not cool the car. How on earth are people in Arizona dealing with this?
118 degrees here in Phoenix on Saturday and no problem keeping cool. I used the climate hold while shopping and the car was cool when I came back. I have my side and rear windows tinted but not the windshield or canopy. I can't speak to how humidity impacts the AC. I don't hear a lot of complaints from Florida owners either.

Humid days can be the worse here in Alabama.

Other solutions not mentioned for the humid climate.

Switch to circulation of air from the cabin vs. outside. I wonder how many people are trying to cool 100+F° temps to 72F°. There was a noticeable difference when we swapped the other day with external temps between 89-91.

A quick solution, like any other car, is to roll down the windows to flush out that wave of heat. If the glass absolutely bakes the interior, then why wait and make the car try to cool air hotter than the outside air?

In a loaner, I cannot speak to the latest updates. I'm excited to try many of the features and possibly fix bugs related to AC software (no real complaints on that end though).

Only real problem I've had is when there was a big guy in the back seat. He's tall, so his bald head was about 1 1/2" from the glass. When the car was outside, the glass is really hot and you can feel it radiating heat. Putting up one of the fake ceilings for the back section would probably solve that problem.

I'll give you that we haven't broke 95* this year, but Monday through Friday my car is usually parked in a black asphalt lot with the car facing east in front of a brick wall, while not the desert it does get pretty damn hot with all that dark surface soaking the energy of the sun.
In any event the cooling in my car has been equal to that of my other vehicles.

One other note; I generally always park all of my cars with the windows cracked open 2 or so inches which helps quite a bit in keeping the radiant heat lower inside the vehicle which decreases the radiant heat for any AC system to overcome.
I used to crack open the sunroof but on my current GV60 the panoramic sunroof is not operable (although the powered cover is). So I also crack open the front windows and put up a windshield screen when I park outside in the hot Scottsdale weather.

Not to give away a secret, ok I will, the Phoenician golf course in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley/Phoenix (I believe the course sits on all three) has covered parking!! It is great after spending five hours on the course to get in a vehicle with a comfortable temperature.

I used to crack open the sunroof but on my current GV60 the panoramic sunroof is not operable (although the powered cover is). So I also crack open the front windows and put up a windshield screen when I park outside in the hot Scottsdale weather.

Not to give away a secret, ok I will, the Phoenician golf course in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley/Phoenix (I believe the course sits on all three) has covered parking!! It is great after spending five hours on the course to get in a vehicle with a comfortable temperature.
You could always pre-condition the car and get it set to a nice temperature before you get in. I'm just saying that. No matter how hot it's been, I haven't remembered to do that even once yet.

You could always pre-condition the car and get it set to a nice temperature before you get in. I'm just saying that. No matter how hot it's been, I haven't remembered to do that even once yet.

When I have remembered, like this morning down here in Chula Vista, I couldn’t get the Lucid app on my phone to work. After two or three attempts to get the a/c started via the app, I gave up and walked over to the car and set the a/c 45 minute timer myself. There are times when the app just doesn’t want to play along, especially when it comes to turning on the airconditioning.

I’m in Dallas and I pre-condition or maintain cabin temp religiously. Otherwise I sweat through my clothes in seconds no matter how effective the AC.

It makes a huge difference, next time we get two days with 90* plus temps and no haze from Canadian wildfires I will park the car one day all the windows up tight and with the windows cracked open a few inches the next time conditions merit. I will open the Lucid app and screenshot the interior temps while still at my desk, and of course I will share the info here.

I like the covered parking, about 20 years ago I was in Phoenix for a seminar and we played a round at at ASU, I still remember we forgot to leave the windows open on the rental ♨️🥵

I have the 3M window and rear windshield tint. In 106 degree heat with no preconditioning, on Max AC after the latest software update it became a tad too cool for some occupants of the car with a request to lower the AC. The canopy did seem to radiate heat as am taller and near my head, with the AC lowered down it seemed more hot. Once i turned the Max AC button on, it was as cool as my ICE car. Would recommend tint and the AC is pretty good. Turn the rear AC on as well, on full if you dont have the software update 2.1.3 yet.

Not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone since the recent updates... But, I have been having great success with the remote climate feature from the app. It has been working correctly *every* time I have tried it recently! Yay!

Not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone since the recent updates... But, I have been having great success with the remote climate feature from the app. It has been working correctly *every* time I have tried it recently! Yay!
I have used it twice since 2.1.2 and you are right it worked first time. I had attributed to luck but I am with you hoping that they fixed it.

I have used it twice since 2.1.2 and you are right it worked first time. I had attributed to luck but I am with you hoping that they fixed it.
Ok now I'm just jealous. It is 106 degrees here and I'm tapping on my watch 2 to 3 times to turn on the AC LOL.

118 degrees here in Phoenix on Saturday and no problem keeping cool. I used the climate hold while shopping and the car was cool when I came back. I have my side and rear windows tinted but not the windshield or canopy. I can't speak to how humidity impacts the AC. I don't hear a lot of complaints from Florida owners either.
Can you explain how you use this?

When I use climate control sometimes, it stops for some reason after like 10 minutes or even less. I open up the app again and it's stopped.

And when I use the climate hold before leaving the vehicle, I notice after I lock the car, it's off...

I feel like I'm doing something wrong

When I use climate control sometimes, it stops for some reason after like 10 minutes or even less. I open up the app again and it's stopped.

And when I use the climate hold before leaving the vehicle, I notice after I lock the car, it's off...

I think it has to be the last thing you do before closing the door on the car.

E.g. go to climate hold > click yes > exit vehicle and close door. It should work. I think once I did it and I tapped to a different screen and it didn't do the climate hold when I came back (not certain)

I think it has to be the last thing you do before closing the door on the car.

E.g. go to climate hold > click yes > exit vehicle and close door. It should work. I think once I did it and I tapped to a different screen and it didn't do the climate hold when I came back (not certain)
What about locking?
My car doesn't always recognize my phone when I walk away if the app isn't active (android) and so it won't lock many times. So I open my app and lock it, and I think that messes with it

After putting the car in park, I go to the climate screen, touch the hold icon, click enable and then walk away. I let the car passively lock. When I come back it is always still running. I have heard others say that it has been inconsistent for them and I am not sure why.

After putting the car in park, I go to the climate screen, touch the hold icon, click enable and then walk away. I let the car passively lock. When I come back it is always still running. I have heard others say that it has been inconsistent for them and I am not sure why.
Interesting. How do they know it stopped after 10 minutes?

Early on before they pushed some AC software updates I used to have to push the button several times on occasion for it to engage. I do not recall that being the case lately and I use this extensively here in Texas Summer.

What about locking?
My car doesn't always recognize my phone when I walk away if the app isn't active (android) and so it won't lock many times. So I open my app and lock it, and I think that messes with it
Push the door handle down and in from the outside after you close the door. I've recently developed a habit of doing this after hearing stories about the car randomly not locking

Back