RESOLVED AGT stops charging

Okay, experiment completed. I had posted earlier that our Dream P was intermittently stopping charging short of the 80% charge limit we set when plugged in at home. There were suggestions that the problem might lie with our wall outlet. As we have another 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet in our garage that we use to charge our Tesla, we swapped the two cars on the outlets for the past several weeks. During that time, both cars charged up to their 80% limit consistently.

Today, I found that the Lucid, which was still being charged off the outlet we usually use for the Tesla, had stopped charging during the night at 76%. In past incidents, the car had stopped charging anywhere from 52% to 76%. Also, these incidents tended to come in clusters, with days or weeks elapsing between incidents and then several occurring almost daily.

At this point, it seems that the issue is either with the Lucid or with its charging cable. We are leaving Sunday (three days hence) on a road trip where hotel reservations were made where L2 charging was offered. I'm now worried that might have been pointless, and we'll still have to rely on DCFC where we can constantly monitor the charging to be sure it doesn't stop prematurely. (I know we can monitor L2 charging via the app, but that's a bit inconvenient when we're trying to get a night's sleep on a trip.)

Someone posted earlier that Lucid Customer Service told them this was a known software issue, but the Service Advisor to whom I talked said they were not aware of any such issue.

Can anyone shed any light?
My suspicion is that the problem lies with the charging cable rather than the car as that was a known issue for some owners.

I had the same problem as the OP at a dealership this week. I connected, started charging, and locked up to go inside. About 15 minutes later I got a notification from EV Connect that charging had ended.

I went outside to restart charging and babysit the car while it completed. It was a nice day, so I rolled down the windows and played SXM and it was far from a miserable experience, but on a super hot day I'd have had to run the AC (and as a result elongated the process somewhat).

Got the car back from the Miami Service Center today with three issues fixed:

Charging stopping before preset charge limit of 80% is hit

Charging cable was defective. Replaced. Not sure, but the new cable seems a bit thicker?

Accent lighting on driver door panel dimmer than on passenger door

Upper light bar was disconnected. Cable reconnected. (I don't know why this would only have dimmed the lighting instead of blacked it out completely, but it's now the same brightness as on the other door. All I can figure is inside the door panel is like the backlit area of an LED TV; upper and lower light bars shine into the space and light escapes through the plastic strips that we see glowing?)

Easy Entry / Exit feature working randomly and driver seat sometimes losing its programmed setting

Debris found in seat track, requiring removal of seat. (Don't know what or how. We don't have kids, and I vacuum the car compulsively every few days using a crevice tool around the seats. Also, they said the debris in the seat track also caused the steering wheel sometimes not to return to is programmed position. Don't know how the two are connected to cause that. And the seat moved smoothly when I used the directional buttons on either the seat bottom or the Pilot Screen.)

Last edited:
I had similar issue- charging would start, got verification on app and then after about 20 min, charging would stop w no app notification. I called Lucid customer service and we did the infotainment system reset. That same day I change the 220v outlet in my garage from Leviton to Hubbell. Now charging and notifying just fine like before. One other thing- the Hubbell has a larger diameter and is much more robust than the Leviton. You can use the same receptacle box but will need a face place w larger diameter (2.48 in)- see second screen shot.

Hope this is of value

Sameer

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.16.03 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 10.15.45 AM.png

Back